About That REAL Blueberry E-liquid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seliskar

Dec 24, 2018
Minneapolis
I went to reply to my old post looking for a genuine Blueberry flavor e-juice, and the thread was locked for further replies. I have spend MUCH time (6 yrs) trying to find what tasted the best and most real to me, and here are my conclusions in case anyone was interested in following up, or anyone wants to try it themselves. If you want to skip through the trials and explanations & get to the details, scroll down to the third to last paragraph. ;)

Upon suggestions, I did try Element MTL Blu, and found it too sweet and "syrupy", to the point where it drowned out any real blueberry flavor that might have been there. I never got to Heather's Heavenly Vapes, but I did bookmark it for future purchases. I'd love to try UK made Halo Vapour Co Blueberry, but shipping is a LOT for such a tiny bottle! I'll have to find more things to try to make a worthwhile purchase.

I had been adding concentrated flavors to my existing e-liquids to "boost" the strength, but haven't yet gotten around to attempting to DIY yet. I have a list of things to buy, though! I want to try to make perfect blueberry and my ADV that is never in stock when I need it!

:wub: My current most real blueberry e-liquid is a 1:1 mix of P.U.R.E Blueberry (50/50 blend, 0 or 3mg nic) and Halo's Evo Backwoods Blueberry (70PG, 30VG, or "Max PG" according to the label, 0 or 3 nic). When mixed, it tastes like a combination of fresh picked ripe blueberries and semi-tart bilberries. It's juicy, strong, and not too sweet! I love it! Coincidentally, both P.U.R.E and Halo/Evo are made by Nicopure Labs, but are difficult to find in one place. The P.U.R.E brand is not easy to find at all! I found both juices at vapeshop.com

I'm vaping this mix in both disposable sub-ohm tanks (.15 ohm mesh coil - Augvape Jewel, Sikary NuNu, GeekVape Lumi) with the airflow almost completely closed at 35 watts AND in my Innokin Zenith tanks with either the .8 or 1.6 ohm coils at 9 - 10.5 watts.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and diy leads! I will get to some mixing soon, but for now, this mix is amazing!!! I am open to other suggestions as well, if anyone has ever tried a straight blueberry that tastes like real blueberries, let me know! :)

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
:wub: My current most real blueberry e-liquid is a 1:1 mix of P.U.R.E Blueberry (50/50 blend, 0 or 3mg nic) and Halo's Evo Backwoods Blueberry (70PG, 30VG, or "Max PG" according to the label, 0 or 3 nic). When mixed, it tastes like a combination of fresh picked ripe blueberries and semi-tart bilberries. It's juicy, strong, and not too sweet! I love it! Coincidentally, both P.U.R.E and Halo/Evo are made by Nicopure Labs, but are difficult to find in one place. The P.U.R.E brand is not easy to find at all! I found both juices at vapeshop.com
:)

Check their website. The Nicopure factory is about 40 miles North of me in Gainesville, Fl. Though I doubt there is much of any price break, they did have a points reward system and I'm sure all their juices are available for mail order there. I actually have been there dropping off an application and resume.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Seliskar

Dec 24, 2018
Minneapolis
I feel like I did check out Nicopure's website, but I can't remember if they didn't have both or either available or what the deal is. I'll definitely check them out again, though!

I've tried many blueberry dessert and candy flavors, but few had enough of a real blueberry flavor for me. But, I do consider myself a blueberryphile! I'm also a super taster (which is not a good thing in my case), so I taste and smell things differently or more strongly than others.

I grew up on the Iron Range of MN. More specifically, was born in Ely, MN, where I would pick wild blueberries with my grandparents and family every year... as a chore! We would fill ice cream buckets (my grandparents wore old coffee cans tied around their waists with string!) near the BWCA, and then my grandma would can or freeze the excess after making jams and pies, strudels and cakes. Such sweet memories, and blueberries have always been my favorite fruit!
Not only do I eat at least a cup of wild (frozen) blueberries a day, I have blueberry candles, perfume, lotions and of course, vapes. I also eat Icelandic yogurt (skyr) with blueberries and bilberries when I can, and have organic bilberry jam. Anyways, it's kind of my thing. LOL

I've had lemonade and lemon based vapes in the past, as well as orange and other citrusy flavors, but they always sound or smell better than they taste, for me at least. I had one taste just like lemon pine-sol! But, blueberries and lemons DO go very well together in edible treats and lemonade! I'd definitely try a blueberry lemonade vape!

The blueberry vape is my indulgence, vaped once every half hour or so, while my ADV is a mix of berries, tart gummy worms and menthol (MBV Hawk Sauce). I do wish it was a bit more tart, and plan to either DIY a batch or just add a tad of sour to it. I just don't want to do too much and have it come out gross. But, I definitely could vape the Blueberry stuff ALL day, but I'd burn through WAY too much of it! I feel like I did try to vape it exclusively, but it didn't work because I like a variety of flavors, and have a rotation of devices to go with that variety.

TL:DR version - Thanks for the suggestions and feedback! :)

I love blueberry ice cream and blueberry soda because of the sweetness and the distinct flavour. When I first tried the real blueberry, I was surprised because it was not as sweet as I expected. It seems that most vape juice try to mimic the flavour of blueberry ice cream or soda, not the real blueberry. For example, this vape juice is quite sweet and has a blueberry soda in my throat after a few puffs. If you want the real blueberry flavour, the best option is try to DIY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread