Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
Because plenty already exist.

As far as the whole ceramic thing goes, I just can't take guys like Grimm, Matt or Twisted to name a few seriously when it comes to anything technical or scientific. By and large, they're just parroting what others have told them as opposed to speaking with any kind of understanding.

On the technical side, they'll often spout things so outrageously nonsensical that it would be comical if it weren't for the fact that their incompetence misleads so many people...

...considering that the technical side is easy (by comparison) to learn, I have even less faith once they start talking science.

I am with you. While Grimm seems like a nice guy, he is really ignorant on anything technical and is often wrong when he tries to delve into technical topics (and then gets offended when you correct him in the comments).

Reactions: Izan

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Sorry. Read my previous post as if I always meant manufacturers big and small and tell me if you agree.

Completely. If you Manufacture anything, you are accountable for such.(at least in theory)
Any Company that can afford the high cost of production equipment certianly should be able to afford reasonably priced testing.(and it is - unless the FDA gets involved)

Reactions: tckenno

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
After spending the last year gleefully stealing customer credit card info, I'm not sure why VaporShark was viewed as having even an ounce of credibility on this issue to begin with.

You should really include links to your sources with such allegations. Even VS uses 3rd party processing and does not collect credit card info. Even Stored CC info(for easier repeat purchasing) is on 3rd party encrypted servers.:facepalm:

I have no connection with and not much respect for VS, but come on...:ohmy:

TheMike21

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2015
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Completely. If you Manufacture anything, you are accountable for such.(at least in theory)
Any Company that can afford the high cost of production equipment certianly should be able to afford reasonably priced testing.(and it is - unless the FDA gets involved)

One would hope but as we have seen in the past, e-liquid can be made for cheap in the back of a store next to the bathroom o_O

I don't know if this is just an impression I have but I feel some vapers accept from mods, tanks, and liquid less than they would from any other industry. Example, if you tell me it's a 200 watt mod I expect it to be 200 watts, but some people are ok with 185 watts on a good day. Back to the car, you tell me a car gets has 285 horsepower and it's really 250, that's a lawsuit.

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
You should really include links to your sources with such allegations. Even VS uses 3rd party processing and does not collect credit card info. Even Stored CC info(for easier repeat purchasing) is on 3rd party encrypted servers.:facepalm:

I have no connection with and not much respect for VS, but come on...:ohmy:

This isn't some fringe allegation. It's been a huge controversy for nearly a year now. Google is your friend.

Do some reading before you baselessly :facepalm:.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
This isn't some fringe allegation. It's been a huge controversy for nearly a year now. Google is your friend.

Do some reading before you baselessly :facepalm:.
First 1/2 dozen links - REDDIT
Half the Posters there can't pour water out of a cup, much less understand CC hacking.
Right here on ECF over the past year, we have had Dozens and Dozens of Reports of CC hijacking - At A Variety of Vendors.
None of those were Actually the Vendor, but the Processing Company supplying the service.

Lecture as you like. After 25 years in Business I know how CC systems work. :sneaky:

Target credit card fraud - Google Search

Sears credit card fraud - Google Search

Amazon credit card fraud - Google Search

MyFreedonSmokes credit card fraud - Google Search

Should I go on? o_O

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Ah, I get it. You're not unaware of it, you want to have some sort of argument about it. Not interested, but thanks.

:facepalm:

Do you not know the difference Between a seller and a 3rd party processing company...

Never mind, obviously.........:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread