About to give up and go back to cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
Ok, I have one other thought for what might be wrong but am only going on my experience with the 901 so I hope it holds true for your model. I was having trouble with a super easy,non-resistive draw with little vapor produced one day and finally figured out that the mouthpiece wasn't pushed all the way onto the atomizer. It felt like I was just sucking air. That particular mouthpiece was just really tight and did not want to seat correctly. Looking at it I could tell there was a little more room it could move down and it took a real hard push to get it there even though I previously thought that I had it down as far as it would go. In other words, make sure your mouthpiece is seated down onto the atomzier as far as it is supposed to go.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
The hardware can definitely be hit or miss and it isn't usually the vendors fault. I've been vaping for a little over a month now and just this past week killed both of my original attys on my 510 and had one fairly new one performing quite crappy. I was getting extremely frustrated with my 510 thinking I had gotten a piece of crap. I used a new atty yesterday and it was a whole new story with that one. I'm getting tons of vapor and a good throat hit finally. I think in my case it was partly user error and partly quality control with parts. Don't get discouraged. As you said, there is a definite learning curve and it will get easier the longer you stick with it. :)

I'm feeling much better now, mostly due to my second atty working like a dream. Lots of vapor and great TH and flavor. Truly amazing, it is. :D

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
Try and stick with it, its a new thing and there's a lot of interesting stuff out there. You really should be able to have a good experience with minimal investment if you focus on quality out of the box. Notice some of the original products and attys that most of the mods are designed for and work with, and you will probably notice a trend on what equipment works best to start with from the factory.

Best of luck and hang in there. You'll find the groove that works in time.:thumbs:

Thank you. :) I've been looking into the new Janty eGo and it looks amazing with unbelievable batt life.

foebea

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
ohio
My advice would be to try another model. I started on one and found it constantly aggrevating with only occaision contentment. When i was aggravated i wanted tobacco.

I picked up one of each of the atomizer models and a set of adapters from heavens-gifts so i could use them all on my current battery. the adapters are about 2 bucks each. let you go from 501 to 901 to 801. maybe more. once i found my magic model it was night and day change. Now the only time i feel like tobacco is when the atty needs replaced. So I stocked up on attys and have no more urges.

I had been using the 801 and it worked at first, got me off tobac but ultimately just could not hold me. the 510 has. I get attys in bulk now that i know what works for me so it drives the cost down quite a bit.

Hope this helps.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
Ok, I have one other thought for what might be wrong but am only going on my experience with the 901 so I hope it holds true for your model. I was having trouble with a super easy,non-resistive draw with little vapor produced one day and finally figured out that the mouthpiece wasn't pushed all the way onto the atomizer. It felt like I was just sucking air. That particular mouthpiece was just really tight and did not want to seat correctly. Looking at it I could tell there was a little more room it could move down and it took a real hard push to get it there even though I previously thought that I had it down as far as it would go. In other words, make sure your mouthpiece is seated down onto the atomzier as far as it is supposed to go.

I'll try that with my other atty that seems to be struggling. Thanks Dee. :D

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
My advice would be to try another model. I started on one and found it constantly aggrevating with only occaision contentment. When i was aggravated i wanted tobacco.

I picked up one of each of the atomizer models and a set of adapters from heavens-gifts so i could use them all on my current battery. the adapters are about 2 bucks each. let you go from 501 to 901 to 801. maybe more. once i found my magic model it was night and day change. Now the only time i feel like tobacco is when the atty needs replaced. So I stocked up on attys and have no more urges.

I had been using the 801 and it worked at first, got me off tobac but ultimately just could not hold me. the 510 has. I get attys in bulk now that i know what works for me so it drives the cost down quite a bit.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I've been very curious about the 510. I actually converted my friend to e-cigs(sound like I came up to his door, early in the morning, offering a pamphlet, lol *cough cough*). He purchased a 510 from DietSmokes and I'm dying to try it when he gets it in the mail. It will ultimately make my decision on the eGo.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
I have one bottle of e-juice that gives me problems similar to what you are describing. The terrible vapor production caused me to keep adding more juice thinking it was dry and eventually flooded the atty. I think the juice is too thick. All my other flavors of e-juice never give me this problem.

Might be right King.... I'm never using Johnson Creek again, unless I add some VG to it. I've been using my 555 from Vapor4life and it's working great. I added some VG to my JC, but I'm too afraid to try it.

KingVapor

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Texas
Glad to hear everything is working good again. The m401 is extremely simple device, easy to maintain and the exposed atty makes life easier for dipping. The downsides are the small carts and the hole in the battery. I like my Janty eGo, but every type of atty has their pros and cons. The thing that I love the most about the m401 has to be the dip method. So simple and the dip method can pretty much guarantee that the atty won't flood if you just dip the top of the bridge.

Anyways good luck.

520supra

Jan 13, 2010
Tucson,Az
i am glad you are having better luck with your unit. i would recommend you change units to something like the 510. i have used alot of unit and the 510 is my favorite out of all of them. i use alot of mods as well (i.e. joyestick mod, and vp2) and i always use the 510 atomizer on these and it works great. also you can get the pcc with for the 510 which is very convenient since it will charge you battery all day long while you are not using it this way you always have a charged battery and you dont have to carry anything with you but the pcc ( it holds a battery, atomizer which cartridge, and 2 spare cartridges so you have everything you need to vape all day). i usually keep a small bottle of ejuice in my car just in case. alot of my customers that has used ecigs in the past were at first very turned off by them because they had had a similar experience to you with getting bad units. also where i am at there was only one company that sold ecigs and they were charing 150 for a starter kit which was only 1 battery, 1 atomizer, and 5 catomizers which is just ridiculous. also the cost of the pack of replacement catomizers was more than a pack of cigarettes and they didnt have any flavors but regular tobacco. i spent alot of time with these clients helping them making a better and economical choice and now they wouldn't dream of going back to analog cigarettes. sorry for the long post but i guess what i am trying to say is that it is all about getting the right unit which in my opinion is one if the best for the money (joye 510) and with proper use and practice you will love ecigs. i was smoking a pack and a half a day and once i got my first unit i was able to quit cold turkey and liked it and believed in it so much i began to sell them.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
Glad to hear everything is working good again. The m401 is extremely simple device, easy to maintain and the exposed atty makes life easier for dipping. The downsides are the small carts and the hole in the battery. I like my Janty eGo, but every type of atty has their pros and cons. The thing that I love the most about the m401 has to be the dip method. So simple and the dip method can pretty much guarantee that the atty won't flood if you just dip the top of the bridge.

Anyways good luck.

It's getting a bit more simple every day that I use it. I need to start dipping instead of dripping though... I'm sick of atties burning out on me.

DarKm4773r

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Washington State
i am glad you are having better luck with your unit. i would recommend you change units to something like the 510. i have used alot of unit and the 510 is my favorite out of all of them. i use alot of mods as well (i.e. joyestick mod, and vp2) and i always use the 510 atomizer on these and it works great. also you can get the pcc with for the 510 which is very convenient since it will charge you battery all day long while you are not using it this way you always have a charged battery and you dont have to carry anything with you but the pcc ( it holds a battery, atomizer which cartridge, and 2 spare cartridges so you have everything you need to vape all day). i usually keep a small bottle of ejuice in my car just in case. alot of my customers that has used ecigs in the past were at first very turned off by them because they had had a similar experience to you with getting bad units. also where i am at there was only one company that sold ecigs and they were charing 150 for a starter kit which was only 1 battery, 1 atomizer, and 5 catomizers which is just ridiculous. also the cost of the pack of replacement catomizers was more than a pack of cigarettes and they didnt have any flavors but regular tobacco. i spent alot of time with these clients helping them making a better and economical choice and now they wouldn't dream of going back to analog cigarettes. sorry for the long post but i guess what i am trying to say is that it is all about getting the right unit which in my opinion is one if the best for the money (joye 510) and with proper use and practice you will love ecigs. i was smoking a pack and a half a day and once i got my first unit i was able to quit cold turkey and liked it and believed in it so much i began to sell them.

Funny, I'm planning on getting a 510 next. I talked my friend into getting one and I LOVE it. Great vapor, but I get better TH and flavor from my M401(Strange about the TH, huh?). I'm planning on getting a 510 from Shawn, as soon as LiteCigUSA has them in stock.

I started with the M401 back in Aug and loved it. Only had one atty go on me in that time and my batts still work though I rarely use them since I got the 401 PT. I picked up the Vapre51 when Shawn had them and it worked for a while, but I still found myself going back to the M401 PT. Recently I decided to pick up a Prodigy V2 from PS and I got it yesterday. All I can say is wow! I love it. My M401 may actually be getting retired now that is how much I love this mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread