Not open for further replies.

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
I love my Hendu! I love the way it looks...its awesome! The pitbull is awesome too and I plan on getting another one when they come out. The taste of the cartomizers is also really good. Which, in my opinion is not the case with most other cartomizers. I usually just wash them out and refill with my own juice.
Brutus...you must be an Ohio transplant! Or an Ohio State lover!! Go Bucks!! :)

Originally from Akron. and hell yeah, Go Bucks!

Right now I'm waffling between the Joye 510 and SS. The things I like about the 510 are the PCC and PT that come with the kit from Cignot and the carto's seem to be slightly cheaper and right now refilling isn't something I want to do.

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
Brutus, yes, all SS products are 4081s.

I've used other brands. They're not in use any more :)

I have a Hendu, I have a gorgeous Pink battery, I have a Pitbull (beta). I'm a happy girl!

Just so you know, I did see your thread on the New Members Forum. I REALLLLY wanted to respond, but because Steve (bigblue30/hubby) is the Technical Advisor for SS I cannot do that. Neither can any of the staff here. Just wanted you to know that we weren't ignoring you! The rulez is the rulez :)

bigblue30

ECF Veteran
as if the name didn't give you away LOL I won't hold that against you, really appreciate the info, any idea what price range the PB will be in?

BB, I lot of people think the bigBlue30 is for U of M... I took that name when I had 30 years with IBM,also known as Big Blue.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I am a 1.5 pack a day smoker of Pall Mall Lights. What would be the best SS if it is appropriate for a smoker like me to use? I was liking the Premium but saw the stuff about the Pitbull that will be released soon.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. Would like to know how long the batteries last, the carts etc.

First, a little personal history, to put things in the right perspective. You've already done a smart thing by coming to this forum to ask questions before you spent a small fortune on overpriced junk that's all over the internet. I started with GreenSmoke, returned the kit, found ECF, got kr808 from V4L, then moved on to SmokeStik and finally to Riva/eGo class batteries. Just like almost every beginner, I wanted an ecig that most closely resembled the real thing. GS was not all that bad, and I'm grateful that they let me use it for 30 days and then took it back, no questions asked. It got me started. But it wasn't enough to get me off cigs. Kr808 was an improvement, but I had to switch to manual batteries, because their autos were a pain. Then all kinds of problems with burning cartos started. Enter SmokeStik. What I got was the best auto battery money could buy, great switch, no primer puffs necessary; and burn resistant cartomizers. The Hendu is fabulous. Right now I use SS as my secondary device; when I'm out and about, driving, going out. It's so unobtrusive and pleasant to use. However, the battery life is a problem. I can drain a Hendu faster than it takes to recharge a spare. I have two chargers and 5 or 6 batteries in constant rotation. This is a problem with ALL minis and superminis. though, not just SS. If you want it to look like a cig, you'll have to deal with short battery life. There are only so many mAh you can cram into a small slender body of a mini battery. Period.

But in the newb forum, not a lot of love for them and I want to make sure I get the right device for me. I don't plan to make a 2nd purchase anytime soon. Also the idea of carts is very appealing, not looking for a hobby and the idea of mixing juices or filling up cartridges doesn't appeal to me.

There are several reasons the superminis are often maligned on ECF: one is the generally bad reputation of all the other overpriced and underperforming kits that are flooding the internet and the mall kiosks, and the other is the short battery life. A lot of folks complain about SS prices, but in comparison to GS $50 batteries, SS is almost a bargain (please note I said 'almost' a bargain:)). Another reason for the general dislike of minis is the fact that they are not as powerful as their bigger, fatter cousins. There are plenty of people who love high voltage vaping, mods, variable voltage and so on. But I also know a lot of folks who are perfectly happy with the minis.

Cartos (I assume you meant cartos, not carts) are very nice and I use them almost exclusively with all my PVs. But don't even think about taking a few puffs and discarding a perfectly good, barely used carto, please. You have to have a couple of bottles of good eliquid and refill/top off your cartomizers to prevent burning and to prolong their life.

Brutus may be able to confirm this, but as a noob who's done a bunch of reading here, i've formed the opinion that i want:

a Cig-size PV to start (i anticipate larger capacity models as vape experience increases, but not right now)
uses cartos that don't burn (i've read cartos are easier for on the fly changes, and that new styles are easier to refill and won't burn)
has a PCC, preferably that holds an assembled PV

Well, you're 2 for 3 so far. SmokeStik doesn't offer a PCC (not sure why), but they can be bought elsewhere; any 4081 PCC will do. However, they may not fit the new Pitbull batteries. I don't really know.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask. But ultimately, you're the only ones who know what will make you happy. And no matter what you buy, you'll start having second thoughts and buy something else within a month or so. And then another toy, and another. Nature of the beast. Don't overthink it. It will not be your last PV, even if you love it to death. I don't know anybody who owns just one. Honest.

Good luck!

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
as usual....what she said. Thank you Katya....now I dont have to rant.....maybe I will go to sleep instead?

okay....forget the sleep....can't find my blanket......so as an afterthought....one correction....if you buy your SmokeStik and then STOP reading ECF....it will be the one and only ecig you ever buy. :)

hard to want what you don't know about......

Last edited:

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
My personal recommendation is to get the SS starter kit with the color of your choice and a case of your choice. I'd also recommend a second USB charger too.

Then, add a Pitbull battery for certain occasions, like a long drive, or a party and to also rotate with your other batteries. I've got a similar longer length battery from a different company, and really like the more formal look and balance/feel of it. It won't fit assembled in the case SS currently sells. (Question to SS: will a new case come out with the Pitbull as well?)

You won't go wrong HERE with quality and service.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Hi Brutus and TJ

I have kr8 and Riva batteries, as well as Hendu and Pitbull (beta) batteries. I got the Hendu because of the PB beta test. I liked the PB that much. SS batts are the only auto batteries that i like. I can actually hold and use SS batteries like regular cigs- something i didn't realize i missed until i could do it again.

For me, the charge on the PB lasts about the same length of time as a regular kr8 battery. I started with Kr8s and had to carry a PCC, extra batteries and have a charger at work ...and from reports that's the case with 510's as well. So, yeah, you'll want an extra charger and an extra battery or 2. as Katya says, it's a function of the battery size.

So, I have all this stuff, and lots of juice, and have still spent 45% less than i would have on combustible cigs. works for me :)

edit to add: I can't speak to the customer service, because I've never had to contact SS after making my orders

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Yes....there will be a new case to fit the PB. But no...I dont know yet rather the PB kit will come with the USB charger and case. Just fyi....I get alot of calls from people looking to buy are products at a retail location.....there are some...but the USB charger/carry case deal is ONLY on the Internet and it IS a special deal.....it could be discontinued at any time.....also the Hendu is only available online as well.

I retract what I just said about having only one ecig.....ECF is like a train wreck...you just have to look! I got up hours early to TRY and get some non-SmokeStik related stuff done....like sending out the PIF stuff I have promised people and cleaning off my desk. Oh.......look!....it's my Mr Puffer....hmmm....wonder if it still works....of course not.....left the switch on and havnt used it in months....hmm.....where the hell is my Trustfire charger......in that drawer?......okay......oh wait......a LR Ikenvake 510 atty....hmmm.....wonder if IT still works.....gotta find a 510 battery that has a charge on it.....where the hell is my Pink Riva?!?!?!....oh...hehe....right there......camoflaueged by the pile of SmokeStik batteries and used cartos.......gotta save those......when the Zombie Apocalypse comes I probably wont be able to buy more....then I will be forced to uncork the 100mg/ml juice I have stashed in the closet.

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
Well guys, I decided to go with the Joye 510 but that is no reflection of my thoughts on the SS brand. I only planned to buy 1 PV but already know that when the PB comes out I will be buying one as a gift to myself. I really appreciate all of the info that was given and look forward to talking with more of you through the forums.

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
when i jumped into this thread with Brutus, i was the 2nd post. now there's 3 pages! that's some response to show some love for the SS brand!

i do like that Hendu. But what is REALLY cool that i just learned now, is that the PB battery will also be 4081 thread and will take the same cartos. That is cool.

tj, I'm happy to see you came back to see what transpired, lol! ALL SS products are interchangeable, which is just one more good thing!

Don't forget that if you need/want a speedier response, call Customer Service!!!

For the most part, "Operators are standing by", LOL!

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well guys, I decided to go with the Joye 510 but that is no reflection of my thoughts on the SS brand. I only planned to buy 1 PV but already know that when the PB comes out I will be buying one as a gift to myself. I really appreciate all of the info that was given and look forward to talking with more of you through the forums.

You'll be fine. The 510 is a great eCig. I'm sure you'll enjoy it alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread