RDA About to order my first RDA setup, Am i missing anything i need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
Ok so im setting up to start building and get vaping. Im Completely new to rda, have never done it just wanted to make sure im ordering everything im going to need... Ordering from fast tech So far in my cart i have

Magma Styled Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
Mutation X Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
Atomizer Resistance Tester (Ohm Meter)
Stainless Steel + POM 510 Drip Tip
Authentic Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire for Rebuildable Atomizers (28)
Authentic Kanthal A1 Resistance Wire for Rebuildable Atomizers (26)
Vaping Coil Winding Jig Tool for Rebuildable Atomizers

Ordering cotton on ebay...

Am i missing anything i might need in order to build efficiently?? Im looking to make coil build anywere from .5-1 ohms as im going to be vaping off my istick 50w.

Any help much apreciated before i place order.

Thanks guys :)

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
I'm sure i have some wire snips laying around somewhere. Im probably going to work off the magma first, thinking about trying to make my first coil about 1 ohms, about what wattage should i start at?? i know with my nautilus mini with a 1.6 i vape about 14 watts and with my Atlantis i vape .5 around 35 watts and .25 at 50 watts..... will it be different when i comes to rda as opposed to tanks??

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
Are you dripping for flavor or clouds mainly?

Kinda looking to experience both. I have never even tried a dripper yet, but i have an aspire mini that i use for flavor and an Atlantis I use for clouds.... Im assuming even the more flavor type RDA (like the magma from what i am reading) will put out about as much vapor as the Atlantis only better flavor(which is what im hoping for)

From what i was reading the mutation is more for clouds and the magma is more for flavor so i got both. Hopefully i choose right, i also wanted to get a 3 post and a 2 post to try builds on both.

Reactions: VictorViper

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I take them apart and soak them in rubbing alcohole. then use a toothbrush to scrub them and rinse them really well. then use canned air to dry them out. I run a 1 ohm coil in my magma at 15-25 watts. typically, the lower you go, the more watts you need. but air flow plays a big part in order to cool the coils. with the magma, I can't go much higher than 25 watts, it gets too hot for me.

Reactions: Nivek13

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
hows the vapor production for a 1 ohm coil on magma at around 20 watts??? Compared to tank systems like the Atlantis?

It probably wont be too bad but its not going to be great. If youre looking for vapor production the Magma's airflow is pretty restricted, which is why the flavor is so awesome. I used to get clouds that blew away my Kayfuns with mine at 1.5 ohms and 18w but its nothing like what my Derringer and Samurai Bonsai put out. Im guess an Atlantis puts out bigger clouds than the Magma. Its not a bad dripper at all, its just not one would normally use for big vapor. Like petrotech said though, you gotta watch going up with the watts on a Magma.. They get hot pretty quick around 20w or so.

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
It probably wont be too bad but its not going to be great. If youre looking for vapor production the Magma's airflow is pretty restricted, which is why the flavor is so awesome. I used to get clouds that blew away my Kayfuns with mine at 1.5 ohms and 18w but its nothing like what my Derringer and Samurai Bonsai put out. Im guess an Atlantis puts out bigger clouds than the Magma. Its not a bad dripper at all, its just not one would normally use for big vapor. Like petrotech said though, you gotta watch going up with the watts on a Magma.. They get hot pretty quick around 20w or so.

Thanks for the info, have any of you had any experiance with the mutation X??? that one a big more geared for bigger clouds???

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I can't speak to the mutation aside from knowing it's definitely going to put out clouds.

What I really wanted to add, though, is not to discount the nail clippers over proper snips. I have a long-handled pair of each, a standard clipper and a cuticle clipper. Both have their use and both work excellent in tight, curved spaces. My leads are always flush to the posts.

Nivek13

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2015
Chicago,IL
Thanks thats definitly good to know, good thing i have quite a few extra pair of nail clippers laying around!!

I cant wait to get this in the mail :rickroll:....im upset though its gunna take so long, i dont think its even going to ship till the 23rd and says it can take 8-15 days and if i know the post office it will probably take 19 lmao

Reactions: VictorViper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread