Absolutely No Throat Hit With 50mg Nic Salts

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
I'm not at all sure if this is where I should have posted, its been a while since the last time I was here.

I recently bought a Suorin Drop along with a couple of bottles of Solace nic salts in 50mg locally to replace the juul I have been using at work. I originally bought the juul so I wasn't constantly puffing on my mod at work The Juul has been working out great, but I just can't justify buying two packs of pods a week any longer. From what I have heard the Suorin drop is supposed to kick like a mule, but I'm just not getting that out of it at all. In fact I get more of a throat hit out of 3mg freebase in my mods than out of the drop.

I realize that nic salts are supposed to be smoother than freebase, but my experience with the Juul tells me somewhat otherwise. I also realize that the Juul uses a somewhat different formula than other nic salts.

So my question is this... Is all nic salt juice lacking in throat hit? Or is perhaps the specific brand I bought? Are there any nic salt brands out there with a decent throat hit or am I going to have to start mixing in a small amount of freebase in order to get a decent throat hit?

Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
If you're after a solid throat hit then nic salts aren't the way to go. Pods also aren't particularly known for delivering in that area but you certainly can get a baseball to your larynx with a high nic freebase liquid.

A single battery (or integrated) mod with a good MTL tank (preferably rebuildable) filled with freebase liquid is what you should look into. There's smaller ones. Granted they're not as small as a juul but they fit squarely into the palm of your hand (like eg coolfire mini/coolfire pebble).
innokin-pebble-size-in-hand.jpg

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
I got the same thing going with the SPMO at 50mg. I can feel a tingle in the back of the throat when I take a long draw, and hold it in for a while, but that's about it. No throat hit at all.
After a few hits I do feel the nicotine doing its job though..
I can feel the nicotine, there's no problem there. I would even be okay with dropping the nic a little bit. The absence of any throat hit at all is screwing with me though. I feel like its at least a reasonable part of the satisfaction I was getting from the Juul.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
If you're after a solid throat hit then nic salts aren't the way to go. Pods also aren't particularly known for delivering in that area but you certainly can get a baseball to your larynx with a high nic freebase liquid.

A single battery (or integrated) mod with a good MTL tank (preferably rebuildable) filled with freebase liquid is what you should look into. There's smaller ones. Granted they're not as small as a juul but they fit squarely into the palm of your hand (like eg coolfire mini/coolfire pebble).
INK-coolfire-pebble--700x700.jpg
I have several small mods and pod systems that I run regular freebase nic in. I've just enjoyed being able to get my nic quick with pods/salts, but I would like to feel at least a tiny bit of a throat hit. With what I have right now 50mg/ml feels like inhaling flavored air.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I can feel the nicotine, there's no problem there. I would even be okay with dropping the nic a little bit. The absence of any throat hit at all is screwing with me though. I feel like its at least a reasonable part of the satisfaction I was getting from the Juul.
Might try a high pg juice. Not sure if a pod will work well with but would imagine it's worth a shot.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I've just enjoyed being able to get my nic quick with pods/salts, but I would like to feel at least a tiny bit of a throat hit.
The nic salts from pax labs are patented and different from other ones, they claim to hit really quickly.
They indeed would have to have tinkered with their salt recipe as biologically salts hit slower than freebase nic. That's why cigarette tobacco gets treated to be more alkaline, not more acidic (as salts would be).

In my opinion it's mainly the ability to render 50mg/ml vapable for non-cowboys that makes up for the worse nic resorption by the body. Try 36mg/ml freebase in your pod and tell me you didn't get a throat hit or a nic buzz ^^

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Has anyone tried mixing both nic salts and standard freebase in the same liquid? I'm considering mixing up some juice at 40mg with half of the nicotine being freebase and the other half nic salts. I will have to wait until I've got the funds to order some nic salt base. I like a bit of throat hit, but from my experience anything more than 18-20 mg of freebase nic feels like getting punched in the throat.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Has anyone tried mixing both nic salts and standard freebase in the same liquid? I'm considering mixing up some juice at 40mg with half of the nicotine being freebase and the other half nic salts. I will have to wait until I've got the funds to order some nic salt base. I like a bit of throat hit, but from my experience anything more than 18-20 mg of freebase nic feels like getting punched in the throat.
Yes, I have just last night, altho I don't use anywhere near the nic strength you do. I only vape @ 6 mg. and mixed them, not because of any throat hit(I had ordered the smooth nic salts from NR). I mixed them because using only nic salts was drying my throat out to where it was becoming sore from using it. Not a throat hit, per se(because the smooth is suppose to have less nic salt then the high or the reg), just the more I vaped it I could feel my throat getting dryer with each hit. So I did mix the 2 last night to see if that doesn't get rid of my problem. If not, then I will not be able to use salts.

:)

eta. I thoroughly mixed the batch by hand with a glass rod to blend the 2 together and not have any hot spots. You have to make sure they are blending together and not just shake by hand.

Last edited:

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Yes, I have just last night, altho I don't use anywhere near the nic strength you do. I only vape @ 6 mg. and mixed them, not because of any throat hit(I had ordered the smooth nic salts from NR). I mixed them because using only nic salts was drying my throat out to where it was becoming sore from using it. Not a throat hit, per se(because the smooth is suppose to have less nic salt then the high or the reg), just the more I vaped it I could feel my throat getting dryer with each hit. So I did mix the 2 last night to see if that doesn't get rid of my problem. If not, then I will not be able to use salts.

:)
Typically I use 3mg/ml freebase in most of my mods, however it just isn't realistic for me to use my mods at work as it often takes somewhere around 20 minutes of chain vaping to get the amount of nicotine I'm after. I've only really started using nic salts at such a high nic level recently because I can get enough nic in about five drags without feeling like I'm going to die.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can mix them 50/50 if you want and that should restore some throat hit. I've seen a few vendors offering "harsh" nic salts or whatever version of what they call it, you could certainly look into those also if you are missing your throat hit.

Upping PG should likely help, too.

Good luck
Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread