Accidental Vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 4 months ago, my wife purchased a disposable e-cig manual. I took a couple hits on that thing and announced "that is rank". Three weeks ago my wife handed me two more e-cigs she had gotten. These were automatics, one from V2 and the other actually an e-cigar, Swisher Sweet smooth.

I have cut down on smoking cigarettes the past couple years, so after smoking for the best part of 60 years, I was only smoking about 24 per day. Back to the e-cig saga. After two days with these contraptions in my hands, I realized I had only smoked 10 cigarettes per day. On the third day, I ordered a Volt starter kit from Smokeless Image.

My accidental journey into vaping began.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Greetings!

Head on over to the library, there is a 6 part pictorial walkthru on the "new" stuff that is out there that makes the cigalikes look like toys! (EVERYONE starts on cigalikes unless someone introduces them to something a bit more "workhorse")

The ECF Library

I successfully quit smoking all together after 20 years! Tried everything and got me a cheap intro "budget" personal vaper called a Vamo V3...as you see my sig below...haven't touched one in almost 3 months and counting!

Welcome and Vape On!!!

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Culmination of technologies so far has led to the MVP2, box form factor, VV/VW, resistance meter, internal battery, USB passthru (charge while using [no need for external batteries or charger]) even can be used as a portable power pack...and it won't break the bank!

Innokin iTaste MVP V 2.0 Brief Introduction

do your homework though...before you plunk down your hard earned cash on something you may or may not like!

I will say this..payday I WILL be ordering me one though!

do your homework though...before you plunk down your hard earned cash on something you may or may not like!

I will say this..payday I WILL be ordering me one though!

I will be doing a LOT of home work before moving up from the basic. When I read most of the intermediate and advanced things I just see a fog, I do not know what any of it means. I am a little slow on the up take but willing to slowly learn. I do not even own a cell phone because I get lost in all the jargon. My main quest currently is to finds 4 or 5 flavors I like, I have about 20 on hand to try. I think I need to learn how to drip because a cartomizer for each flavor is not going to cut it.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
About 4 months ago, my wife purchased a disposable e-cig manual. I took a couple hits on that thing and announced "that is rank". Three weeks ago my wife handed me two more e-cigs she had gotten. These were automatics, one from V2 and the other actually an e-cigar, Swisher Sweet smooth.

I have cut down on smoking cigarettes the past couple years, so after smoking for the best part of 60 years, I was only smoking about 24 per day. Back to the e-cig saga. After two days with these contraptions in my hands, I realized I had only smoked 10 cigarettes per day. On the third day, I ordered a Volt starter kit from Smokeless Image.

My accidental journey into vaping began.

I don't think you're an accidental vaper - your lovely wife was trying to tell you something by 1st getting the disposable e-cig and when that didn't work, she took the time to find another set for you to try. She's a keeper! Welcome & congrats!

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I will be doing a LOT of home work before moving up from the basic. When I read most of the intermediate and advanced things I just see a fog, I do not know what any of it means. I am a little slow on the up take but willing to slowly learn. I do not even own a cell phone because I get lost in all the jargon. My main quest currently is to finds 4 or 5 flavors I like, I have about 20 on hand to try. I think I need to learn how to drip because a cartomizer for each flavor is not going to cut it.
Carto's are OLD SCHOOL!
There is a method for refilling them to, and cleaning them

The new hotness are the clearomizers and tanks and on up to the rebuildables

Just absorb the info for now...keep vaping the cigalikes and work on finding the flavors you like (after a while I got tired of the "tobacco" flavors...I got Roar Vapor "Strapple" and the instant I tasted the sweet goodness I KNEW I would never go back to the stinkies!)

Go find some PBusardo and grimmgreen youtube videos (personal vaper/e-cig demo gurus) and they will walk you thru alot of the stuff you might be confused on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVFSk5fW7bo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVmvo3tLNUc

Take your time...learn, most importantly work to get off the analogs...one puff at a time ;)

P.S. If you are feeling froggy and without breaking the bank and while you learn you can jump on an inexpensive eGo starter kit...they will definitely be a step up but below the power house AVP's out there
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1500100
(be advised fasttech shipping can take a LOOOOOOOOOOOO*pause for breath*OOOOOOOOOOONG time! [upwards of 4 weeks...most shipping times are around 2])

Last edited:
I don't think you're an accidental vaper - your lovely wife was trying to tell you something by 1st getting the disposable e-cig and when that didn't work, she took the time to find another set for you to try. She's a keeper! Welcome & congrats!

:) I agree she is a keeper. Actually she has been searching for one she could stand because she wanted to quit. I tried them out of curiosity using the stock pile of the ones she did not like. Now I am trying to convince her, she would have better luck not buying the disposables so she can try a variety of flavors at a lot less money.

R3azn

Oct 27, 2013
Den Haag
Congrats!
Started on cigalikes too. My first one was a pass-through, 'cause this was the cheapest option at the time. Didn't know any vapers then (don't know many now aswell) to try one. The price of a starter kit 3 years ago was a little bit to steep to just try 'em. I quickly moved on to battery powered cigalikes and then to ego's/evods, because of the bigger batteries.
If you like your device: Stick with it, to each their own!
Take your time to make the switch, you're already doing your body a great favour!

Congrats!
Started on cigalikes too. My first one was a pass-through, 'cause this was the cheapest option at the time. Didn't know any vapers then (don't know many now aswell) to try one. The price of a starter kit 3 years ago was a little bit to steep to just try 'em. I quickly moved on to battery powered cigalikes and then to ego's/evods, because of the bigger batteries.
If you like your device: Stick with it, to each their own!
Take your time to make the switch, you're already doing your body a great favour!

I do like the smallness of the cigalikes for going places and I also got the PCC. I am already looking at the larger batteries for home use. This is just after a week of having the kit, just think where I might be in six months. :laugh:

Awesome mate, well done.

I'm awaiting delivery of some stuff from the USA which will take me from 'playing with e-cigs' to a proper PV kit. Probably a few weeks before it gets to lil' ol' New Zealand. Fingers crossed it gets through customs OK :)

After you have the kit in hand, if my experience is normal, the fun and learning really begins. Hope it arrives soon, customs down under can be a pain.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
:) I agree she is a keeper. Actually she has been searching for one she could stand because she wanted to quit. I tried them out of curiosity using the stock pile of the ones she did not like. Now I am trying to convince her, she would have better luck not buying the disposables so she can try a variety of flavors at a lot less money.

It's great that you're both on the path to quitting! Even better if you get her to like your set up and find juices that she likes, you can pass it on to her and try something that's maybe a step up? ;) Good luck & happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread