The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Acetyl Pyrazine no longer nutty

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by STILLSMOK9, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. STILLSMOK9

STILLSMOK9 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I got some of that nutty Acetyl Pyrazine stuff from Perfumers Apprentice about a month ago... I put a little in a 1 ml bottle for mixing purposes... Today, I went to use the bottle and it was empty, so I went to refill with the original bottle that PA sent me... When I opened the bottle I noticed something strange... It no longer had that nutty smell to it,instead it smelled more like alcohol. :-(

Anyone else experience this?

TIA

2. cerver7

cerver7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2010
    Shamong NJ
    I just moved some peppermint from TPA to a smaller bottle and I noticed it smelled like mint mouth wash. Nothing like the original peppermint that it used to smell like. I know it's not the same flavor but I noticed this two days ago but thought it was because it was over 1 year old.

3. juicefreak

juicefreak Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I've experienced this with all but a FEW of TPA's flavors. You might ask linda what to do to remedy it. It's my suspicion that there is an alcohol base that absorbs all the flavoring and leaves the alcohol behind. Maybe try adding some PG or VG to it and see if it comes back. it's been disappointing to me when this happens (especially a large bottle!) because i love lindas flavors. I just can't rely on them is the problem.

4. juicefreak

Dec 15, 2009
    Oklahoma
    oh wait i know you stillsmokin!!! haha ;-) you've been hit by the TPA quick change!! lol

5. STILLSMOK9

Kinda sux! IMO I feel ripped off :(

6. Lyndagayle

Lyndagayle Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2010
    Arkansas
    I have a bottle of AP from TPA that's over 6 months old and it stills smells as fresh as when I bought it. Maybe you got a bad batch. Contact Linda and tell her about it. She's a great lady to work with you on problems.

7. STILLSMOK9

Well, I sent her an email explaining what happened. She said that she is sending me a replacement, but not in the 10% which I got. She said there are issues with it because pg will only hold 5%, so she has to use ethyl alcohol to hold 10%... Apparently the flavor is evaporating I guess...

She responded extremely fast to my complaint and stands behind her product. I highly recommend TPA!!!

8. juicefreak

Dec 15, 2009
    Oklahoma
    oh yeah linda is very helpful! so next time when i tell you my ry4 double turned to vinegar you won't ..... me out LOL because it happens!

9. STILLSMOK9

Lynda,
    Could you please describe to me exactly how your AP smells?
    Thanks,
    Still

10. kazz63758

kazz63758 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2011
    Southeast Missouri
    I don't get nutty smell, either. When I open the bottle my work area smells like corn chips for quite some time.

11. gramakittycat

gramakittycat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I Just got my first bottle of AP from Linda and while I would'nt say strongly nutty I also get a corn chippy scent also.Me likee....:D

12. Lyndagayle

Lyndagayle Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2010
    Arkansas
    Mine smells like a mixture of nuts and corn chips and a tad yeasty (as in bread like).

13. STILLSMOK9

Thanks Lynda :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.