Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Well.... in the continuing tragedy of my favorite Achilles that will no longer screw into my favorite Coolfire4 mods, today I learned the brutal truth of the matter: the outer edges of the threads have simply worn down.

Here's a pic -- the favorite is on the left; the one on the right is the one I haven't used as much because it has a looser draw:

View attachment 525345

The one on the left screwed into my CF4s just fine until I started using it with my new ipv Mini mod, so I can only surmise that the grooves in the iPV's 510 connector aren't deep enough, and have worn down those outermost edges of the threads. And yes I am BEYOND ....... The fave will still screw into the 510/ego adapter I've been using, and also into my kbox mini, but no others; it *might* still screw into the iPV Mini without the adapter, but I'm afraid to use it that way, and let the iPV Mini damage it any further.

If Yeahsmo doesn't get their thumb out of their .... pretty soon, I am going POSTAL!

I'm considering using something on the threads that my husband calls "pipe dope", to let it grab the threads on the mods it can no longer grasp; y'all think that would work? Seems to me that as long as the screw at the bottom is clear, it would still work fine, but I dunno. Opinions? Ideas?

Apparently titanium is not a good material for threads.

Andria

This is...disconcerting. Has anyone else had problems like this? I hope not, I really like the Achilles, and was thinking about getting another and more spare parts :(

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
This is...disconcerting. Has anyone else had problems like this? I hope not, I really like the Achilles, and was thinking about getting another and more spare parts :(

No one else that I am aware of.
It was a clone FWIW.

Titanium is perfectly acceptable for "threads".
Regardless the 510 should never see any torque to speak of.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hello again. Yep, this thread has been revived to inform you that it appears Titanium Mods is still going. Link below. Looks like he has no inventory of most of the Achilles but he has a couple Achilles models available along with other titanium tanks and drippers. No idea how easy/hard it is to order or ship times or anything. It's been awhile since I've looked at Titanium Mods.

Titanium e cigarettes from Ukraine - Titanium mods from Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread