Acrylic Tube 3.7V Mod Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
Holy cow I just now saw this mod tube!!! I'm bummed that I didn't get in on it.

I am rockin 6v on a "Copp3r" right now but wanted to make my own yet wasn't really feelin a flashlight or box.

I REALLY REALLY wanna do a mod with the blue tube!!

Please tell me they will be back available soon :)

BTW, awesome job posting that PDF and good job with a sweet lookin piece!!

Anything special I gotta do to throw in an LED, just solder it into the circuit or do I need some sort of regulator to make the LED work?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Anything special I gotta do to throw in an LED, just solder it into the circuit or do I need some sort of regulator to make the LED work?

Just wire it in the circuit. Assuming you want it to light when the atomizer/carto is on just put it across the 2 wires to the atomizer. You'll want a resister to reduce the voltage. Whenever I've ordered LEDs from MadVapes I also got resisters with them. They have them for like a dime I think. LEDs have a + and - leg, you just need to wire correctly. If it doesn't light swap the leads around. The longer leg is the + lead on the LED.

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Just wire it in the circuit. Assuming you want it to light when the atomizer/carto is on just put it across the 2 wires to the atomizer. You'll want a resister to reduce the voltage. Whenever I've ordered LEDs from MadVapes I also got resisters with them. They have them for like a dime I think. LEDs have a + and - leg, you just need to wire correctly. If it doesn't light swap the leads around. The longer leg is the - lead on the LED.
Not with standard one color LED's.

electronics_led_diagram.png

led_midi_tester.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread