Adding Ego cone to SD mkII

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicTweezy

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Norfolk, VA
so I'm in love with changing out my cone colors on my eGo to match what I'm wearing, totally metro I know... I use a 901 to 510 adaptor on my SD mkII, and was thinking it would be awesome to be able to add a cone to my SD by adding some width to the adapter, and threads that would match the threads on the cone. I have access to machining tools to make this happen, but I need to know the thread count, and pitch on the cone to make it happen.

Anyone know?

I think the SD looks even more wonderful with a cone on it, but it needs to stay in place to work!!!

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Your not going to find that size in a local hardware store or in any metric tap and die kits. It is a odd ball size not commonly used. Any kit is going to have a 12mm x 1.25 or 1.50 or 1.75 are the common ones. But you can get it off amazon from victor tools thats the only place i could find it here in the states. here is the link Amazon.com: 12mm X .5 High Speed Steel Round Die 1" OD: Home Improvement

Edit: If you have access to a machine shop lathe that does metric .5 you could always cut the threads. This is a really fine thread though not the easiest to cut unless your an experienced machinist

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread