The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Adding Ego cone to SD mkII

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by VicTweezy, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VicTweezy

VicTweezy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    so I'm in love with changing out my cone colors on my eGo to match what I'm wearing, totally metro I know... I use a 901 to 510 adaptor on my SD mkII, and was thinking it would be awesome to be able to add a cone to my SD by adding some width to the adapter, and threads that would match the threads on the cone. I have access to machining tools to make this happen, but I need to know the thread count, and pitch on the cone to make it happen.

Anyone know?

I think the SD looks even more wonderful with a cone on it, but it needs to stay in place to work!!!

2. Java_Az

Java_Az Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2010
    Colorado
    This is top secret info so Shhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone. They are metric threads 12mm x 0.5 for the cone

3. VicTweezy

VicTweezy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    O man, looks like I need to run to the hardware store to get metric tooling... Thanks for the info, I'll try to post pics when i manage to get one that works.

4. Java_Az

Java_Az Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2010
    Colorado
    Your not going to find that size in a local hardware store or in any metric tap and die kits. It is a odd ball size not commonly used. Any kit is going to have a 12mm x 1.25 or 1.50 or 1.75 are the common ones. But you can get it off amazon from victor tools thats the only place i could find it here in the states. here is the link Amazon.com: 12mm X .5 High Speed Steel Round Die 1" OD: Home Improvement

Edit: If you have access to a machine shop lathe that does metric .5 you could always cut the threads. This is a really fine thread though not the easiest to cut unless your an experienced machinist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.