Adding nic to pre-made juice: instant / wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heath71

Nov 6, 2015
Indonesia
So I've been experimenting with increasing the nic content in pre-made juices, however I've been told that every new mix must let sit (steep) for 1-2 days for a stronger effect (better throat hit). Is it true? If not, what other effect might steeping added nic on pre-made juice have?

Up till now I've been adding 100mg/ml nic to my 6mg/ml juice in small increments; still not satisfied with "the buzz." Still haven't quite found the spot :(

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
With some flavorings, you should shake/mix and let set 2-3 hours min. according to most posts I have read.
This would probably work with a shake and vape recipes.
Nic is a whole different ballgame. I have read that when you add nic "the timer starts". I suspect that means at least a week or more for nic. Maybe someone can further clarify?

Reactions: heath71

catsitter

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2014
Massapequa Park, NY, USA
I've never heard of nicotine developing more throat hit if you wait before vaping, and there's a whole school of thought on DIY out there that holds you should be able to mix your juice and then just vape it immediately, so I don't see that there would be any need to wait... It's not like waiting for the flavor mix to blend and mature, and besides, if you're using premade juices the flavor it should already have aged some/enough.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
For the most part you can shake and vape right away. Taste with some flavors will develop over time as some steeping may be required to allow the flavor to meld with the nicotine depending on the flavor. Flavors that may require some time are tobaccos, creams and deserts. Flavors that require no waiting are fruits and candies. The amount of time required will not be as long as if you mixed it fresh as the flavoring as likely already melded with the PG/VG but you are adding a new component to the mix and that's the NIC. The NIC does need additional time. So Add the NIC then taste if it's good don't wait just vape. If it's off give it some time.

Up till now I've been adding 100mg/ml nic to my 6mg/ml juice in small increments; still not satisfied with "the buzz." Still haven't quite found the spot :(

Now when you say your looking for "The Buzz" if that's what your after "A Buzz" from your vape your venturing into dangerous waters and that type of discussion is not allowed here. If your referring to "Throat hit" Then that's OK. Over dosing with NIC is no joke so please watch your terminology

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBob

heath71

Nov 6, 2015
Indonesia
For the most part you can shake and vape right away. Taste with some flavors will develop over time as some steeping may be required to allow the flavor to meld with the nicotine depending on the flavor. Flavors that may require some time are tobaccos, creams and deserts. Flavors that require no waiting are fruits and candies. The amount of time required will not be as long as if you mixed it fresh as the flavoring as likely already melded with the PG/VG but you are adding a new component to the mix and that's the NIC. The NIC does need additional time. So Add the NIC then taste if it's good don't wait just vape. If it's off give it some time.

Now when you say your looking for "The Buzz" if that's what your after "A Buzz" from your vape your venturing into dangerous waters and that type of discussion is not allowed here. If your referring to "Throat hit" Then that's OK. Over dosing with NIC is no joke so please watch your terminology

So what I meant by buzz was what you referred to as throat hit. As I'm a former tobacco smoker I still depend on nicotine. I'm not quite sure how the term is used elsewhere.

So today after allowing the added nicotine to rest overnight, I've found that the 20mg/ml suits me better, though quite peppery in the throat (which I'm guessing is due to the unproportionately higher level of nicotine vs flavoring).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread