Adding nicotine to juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redhop2000

Nov 17, 2017
Hi I bought a 60 ml bottle of juice in 0mg at my vape shop and had the guy behind the counter add 3mg of nicotine to it because they didn’t have the juice in 3 already (reds apple e juice grape iced) the juice came with a unicorn bottle that Is 30ml leaving left over juice in the glass bottle I immediately put my juice in when I got home and let it steep for about 3 days after this I went to vape it and didn’t get any buzz could this possibly be because the nicotine didn’t thoroughly disperse what is the problem?!

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
3mg/mL is pretty low; unless you chain-vaped 10mL of it in an hour;). I agree with @SupplyDaddy; in that the "buzz" many feel from a cigarette, may come more so from the other bazillion chemicals (like formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, and ammonia; just to name a couple:shock:), verses the nicotine itself. Also, as I understand it, the nicotine delivered by combustion is in a different chemical form(?), compared to vaping.

I have made myself a bit twitchy, or even queezy, when I have absentmindedly chain-vaped too much (early tells of too much nic); but I have never got a "buzz" the way a cigarette used to make me feel first thing in the morning.

If you are vaping to get a buzz; my suggestion would be "don't vape"; you'll only be disappointed. If you are vaping to get off/stay off cigarettes; you might consider upping your nicotine.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Agreed on perhaps upping the nic, but yes an e-cig isn't going to feel like a tobacco buzz for sure. I'm pretty convinced that buzzy sensation is from inhaling C02 and all the other stuff in cigs, though cigs do offer slightly better absorption of nic than ecigs.

If you want something more quickly bioavailable and where you can go higher on nic level without it getting very harsh, you may want to look into nic salts, they are a specially formulated version of nicotine. Reportedly, they are more quickly bioavailable and hence, more nic more quickly is absorbed.

With that said, I prefer nic salts and use them in DIY (though you can get premade nic salts) but it still doesn't feel exactly like a cigarette to me, and I don't expect it to. But, there are ways of increasing nic that might help you get more satisfaction with your vape, to start, just add more freebase nicotine and see what happens... :)

Anna

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Hi I bought a 60 ml bottle of juice in 0mg at my vape shop and had the guy behind the counter add 3mg of nicotine to it because they didn’t have the juice in 3 already (reds apple e juice grape iced) the juice came with a unicorn bottle that Is 30ml leaving left over juice in the glass bottle I immediately put my juice in when I got home and let it steep for about 3 days after this I went to vape it and didn’t get any buzz could this possibly be because the nicotine didn’t thoroughly disperse what is the problem?!
1st off,, If it's high VG, the nicotine will take its time to segregate. If you want, a hot water bath will brake it all down quicker, ( But so will the Nic level.)
Try a higher nic level like 6 or 12 mg. ,,,, This should get the rush your expecting...........,,,,,

Reactions: stols001

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Agreed on perhaps upping the nic, but yes an e-cig isn't going to feel like a tobacco buzz for sure. I'm pretty convinced that buzzy sensation is from inhaling C02 and all the other stuff in cigs, though cigs do offer slightly better absorption of nic than ecigs.

If you want something more quickly bioavailable and where you can go higher on nic level without it getting very harsh, you may want to look into nic salts, they are a specially formulated version of nicotine. Reportedly, they are more quickly bioavailable and hence, more nic more quickly is absorbed.

With that said, I prefer nic salts and use them in DIY (though you can get premade nic salts) but it still doesn't feel exactly like a cigarette to me, and I don't expect it to. But, there are ways of increasing nic that might help you get more satisfaction with your vape, to start, just add more freebase nicotine and see what happens... :)

Anna
nic salts are less bioavailable than freebase. This is why nic salt formulas are much higher in mg per ml to receive the same effect as lower formulas of freebase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread