Advertising Ban in Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
A full advertising ban will apply from next week to the electronic cigarette in Holland, according to nisnews.nl.

This comes following an investigation into the e-cigarette by Health Minister Ad Klink, who now wants it classified as a medical device. All medicines are banned from advertising in Holland, and Ad Klink will also force the sellers of e-cigarettes to place health warnings on their products.

I think that is a fair policy - nicotine is a toxic, addictive and potential destructive compound, and I think restrictions against its promotion are fair enough.

What I can't stand is the double standard that would see the e-cigarette banned, while cigarettes are still sold (and taxed) legally.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Your hypocrisy is justified. I remember in the States not long ago that I could buy a "deadly" form of nicotine (a pack of cigarettes) at any corner store, but government-approved "safe" nicotine alternatives required visiting a physician, obtaining a prescription for a product and then paying obscene prices for something insurance would not cover as a drug.

I no longer like the way government works. But it's the best money can buy, I guess.

As for Holland, we know the toll traffic accidents create annually. So I'll believe all this focus on nicotine is fair when they require cars to have huge signs on every side: Cars Kill People and Animals. Cars should not be operated by pregnant women. Second-hand cars kill. Walk or die.

Ridiculous, is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread