Advice for IStick30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony64

Jun 3, 2015
Hithere!
My name is Tony, I'm from Belgium and quit smoking cigs 50 days ago, thanks to the e-sig it was no trouble at all this time!
Today I got my istick 30, I really like it.
I had an Apollo Valliant VV/VW with a Kanger Protank 2, and put the PT2 on my Istick.
When experimenting a bit I put the istick to 20 watt and when firing it up got a burnt smell and taste :) guess my coil is wasted now?
What's the best tank I should buy for my istick?
Before with the protank 2 I vaped at 8 watt/3.8 v/1.8ohm.
I am considering a Kanger Subtank Nano or a Aero tank 2.
What do you folks recommend?
Thanks & greets

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
20W is far too much for a ProTank 2. Yes, the coil is likely burnt now, I doubt you'll be able to get that taste out of it (unfortunately).

A lot of people have been liking the Nautilus Mini or Kanger Subtank Mini/Nano. If you want an airier/more cloudy draw, go with the Subtank. If you want a tighter cigarette-feel, go with the Nautilus.

I recommend the Subtank over the Aero Tank.

Hope that helps!

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
20W is far too much for a ProTank 2. Yes, the coil is likely burnt now, I doubt you'll be able to get that taste out of it (unfortunately).

A lot of people have been liking the Nautilus Mini or Kanger Subtank Mini/Nano. If you want an airier/more cloudy draw, go with the Subtank. If you want a tighter cigarette-feel, go with the Nautilus.

I recommend the Subtank over the Aero Tank.

Hope that helps!

I agree with all of this. The only thing I'd add is: Subtank Mini/Nano > Nautilus > Aero Tank.

Reactions: Tony64

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eleaf Melo if you want to sub ohm and not break the bank. Nice little tank, lots of flavor, great price. Coils are cheap too. Or if you have a bit more money you can get the subtank mini. Rebuildable deck. The stock coils arent terribly hard to rebuild either. Great option if you like to tinker too or even plan on getting a higher wattage device and want to experiment with say .3 ohm coils.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The iStick 30w is more accurate than the 20w version, but even without the extra (unplanned, badly controlled) power of the 20w, you might find anything over 8-10 watts too much for a Protank 2.
My opinion comparing Aerotank v.2 to Subtank(s) not using the subohm coil (so, not the 0.5ohms) is that the subtank is superior.
As caferacer says,

1. Subtank (Nano, mini)
2. Nautilus.
3. Aerotank.

In my estimation, unless you want to mouth to lung only, the Aerotank is not the best choice. Actually, I think it is quite inferior. Looks nice ( :) ) vapes quite nice, but not great coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread