Advice needed for small cloud MTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Hey there fellow vapers,salutations from sunny Spain!!

Currently at the moment im using Using a vaporesso SWAG 80w with a Wasp Nano RTA.

But the thing is that where is live is really i mean really humid,that and the fact that there is little to no ventilation where i vape is a problem.
I work at home so i can take care of my pops (severe liver failure,hoping to get a transplant soon,damn dialysis leaves him in bad shape) so i spend hours in the room where my pc is.

I have a vape shop where i live but the owner (cool guy,really nice so dont blame him) he knows little about MTL's,his knowledge is basically about RTAs,drippers,etc,etc.

So im looking for some advice to what MTL I could purchase that would give me a nice ''hit'' with very low i mean low like a normal cig cloud production.

I have watched alot of videos but they all seem to put out huge amounts of vapor,currently im using mine at 25W and with the airflow almost closed up but meh it doesnt feel right and it still is to much cloud for such a closed space.

When i leave home yeah i enjoy a big cloud so i open the airflow all the way up and put the sucker to 50W/65W but that is only when im outside.

So anyway,could anyone please recommend me some MTL Atomiser with the attributes that im looking for?
good flavour and cig like cloud production is basically what i need.

Thanks in advance for the replies,and sorry for any grammatical/syntaxis errors,english isnt my native language.

p.s. whatever brands/models you recommend i would have to run them by the owner of the shop to see if he can get them.
easier to order online but he is a good fellow with a shop that is struggling a bit so i prefer to order thru him so i can help out atleast a little bit.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Welcome to the ECF. Love the avatar, legendary RPG back in the day.
My vaping gear is old (so am I) but if you could look for a Vapefly Galaxies, that might help. It only holds 2ml, but could be refilled easily (I use mine with a bottom-feed center pin). Lifting the top cap would give you access to the build deck, and it has a small refill port, or you could just wick through one of the two holes and fill through the other. The Galaxies has nine airflow settings, from cig-a-like single hole to open two hole airflow.
Good Luck in your search.

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
My recommendation would be to tweak your setup a bit. Try using smaller coils at lower wattage. Coils in the 1.6-1.8 range, 11-12 watts. You may need to use a juice with a bit higher nicotine, but the cloud factor goes away a bit. Combining that with the suggestion above should help a lot. Prime clones, Berserker, Galaxies, Siren II, all of them are excellent MTL tanks.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Cloud-FF7, possibly an Ulton Tripod (Atmizoo Tripod clone) as they have a reasonable sized build deck due to the fact that they can do MTL or DTL depending upon how they're setup.

Or for something totally different, the Justfog Minifit pod mod. As they're cheap and seem to have a following.

Hopefully though you'll find something that will suit your needs though.

Reactions: Javichu

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Thanks for all the replies and useful info.

On monday Toni (guy from the vape shop) will give me a list of the MTL's he can order,if its ok ill run it by you guys and see which would be the best choice.

I do remember him saying something about a Nautilus,i think its the Aspire Nautilus 2S MTL,just saw a review and cloud production of the user just seemed perfect for my needs.

Also watched a couple videos of the Siren II and yeah that one looks pretty sweet,watched a review from I think it was Mike and the setup of the wick and opening to fill process seemed simple enough.
think ill ask the vape guy on monday if he can order a Siren II or if he cant maybe ill need to have another one in the chamber,berserker seemed pretty good too...

dang to many choices,hehe.

thanks again for the replies,ill try to post tomorrow with some of the models that the guy from the store can order for me,that way i can maybe get some help making a decision.

cheers

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
One thing about the Nautilus vs the Siren is that the Nautilus is going to have coils you're going to have to buy, whereas the Siren is a RBA, so you'll be building your own coils.

you mean just put the coil in or buy the wire and ''make'' the coil?
i change the coils myself (had to watch videos to learn hehe) but never done it from scratch with just the wires.
not sure which you mean.

cheers

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
you mean just put the coil in or buy the wire and ''make'' the coil?
i change the coils myself (had to watch videos to learn hehe) but never done it from scratch with just the wires.
not sure which you mean.

cheers

To go with the Siren would mean that you would need to build and wick your own coils. Meaning you would buy some wire and make a coil out of it (there are cheap kits available that make this a total breeze), and wick cotton through it. The Nautilus means you just unscrew one when it goes bad, and screw in another one.

The Nautilus route is obviously easier. However, the Siren route is more sustainable, and gives you all the options in the world as far as what gauge wire you use, the diameter of the coil, and you can make your coils at any resistance that you want essentially.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
The Nautilus 2S and the Siren II are both solid options, although as someone mentioned the Siren II is an RTA and the Nautilus isn't.

The most popular MTL tank with drop-in coils at the moment is Innokin's Zenith or Zlide (they use the same coils). They seem to have overtaken the Nautilus, which was the previous favourite (and not a bad choice if you can't get the Zenith/Zlide).

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Making a simple round or flat wire coil and installing it is relativley easy, wicking is somewhat more of a pain in the .....

You just need wire and a form of some sort to make a coil, I use Knitting needles as a form which is a variation of the old school way of using a drill bit. As you know the size.

But you can use the tools on steam engine to work out what coil build would suit you, link provided.
Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

And as you work in a vape shop, I'm sure that you could get some help with wicking if needed.

I also forgot to mention the Aspire Nautilus GT and Innokin Zlide tanks, both are good examples of drop in coil MTL tanks.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
If you're currently using a Wasp Nano, you should be building your own coils, right?
i dont actually build my coils,just buy them from the vape shop.
kinda new to all this so still learning all the acronyms and whatnot,Toni the owner of the shop sells me coil all wrapped up so i just unscrew the screws pop it in and make sure it fires adequately.
then run the wick thru it,etc etc and then im all set but as to making the coils myself nope,not a clue and to be honest i dont know if i have the time to learn to do it hehe

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
i dont actually build my coils,just buy them from the vape shop.
kinda new to all this so still learning all the acronyms and whatnot,Toni the owner of the shop sells me coil all wrapped up so i just unscrew the screws pop it in and make sure it fires adequately.
then run the wick thru it,etc etc and then im all set but as to making the coils myself nope,not a clue and to be honest i dont know if i have the time to learn to do it hehe

If you're replacing and wicking coils, then you'll be fine with the Siren II. IF you decide to go that route. You can buy the coils for super cheap in bulk, too. I just bought like 300 for $6-7 last week.

And in all seriousness, the part you're already doing is the hard part. Making the coils is actually pretty easy, and wouldn't take you long to learn if you ever decide to try it out.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Simple round and flat wire are easy to wrap a coil with, @Cloud-FF7 you'd probably be needing to use round wire though as it would be easiest to use to make a high resistance coil.

But have a look and play with the coil building tools on steam engine. A wrap is where a coil wire makes a complete rotation around the form, so it makes a littlte loop.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
If you're replacing and wicking coils, then you'll be fine with the Siren II. IF you decide to go that route. You can buy the coils for super cheap in bulk, too. I just bought like 300 for $6-7 last week.

And in all seriousness, the part you're already doing is the hard part. Making the coils is actually pretty easy, and wouldn't take you long to learn if you ever decide to try it out.

yeah the wick part is well i mean was a bit stressful but ive made a kind of ceremony out it.
use a an old worn down thin towel on my desk,lay down all the tools and items i will need then hit play on wma.
once i hear Chris Isaak - Wicked Game i kinda get into the zone.

but oh man let me tell you,learning how to wick made me waste so much cotton...and even now im still learning.
been using coils/wick since december,before that i used the atomiser that came with the Swag 80w so that was much easier to change.

Simple round and flat wire are easy to wrap a coil with, @Cloud-FF7 you'd probably be needing to use round wire though as it would be easiest to use to make a high resistance coil.

But have a look and play with the coil building tools on steam engine. A wrap is where a coil wire makes a complete rotation around the form, so it makes a littlte loop.

thanks for the info but for now i think ill just stick with the ones that are already looped up.
Im way to lazy and wicking is already a pain in the ....,smoking use to take so much less effort but then again it was so bad for me.
proud vaper since november 2018 and im never touching a cig again :)

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Hiya folks,sorry to bother you again :)

Went to my local vape shop and i got a list of the three MTL atomisers that the owner can order for me,here they are:

STNG MTL 22mm
Berserker V2 (just watched a video and found out its a dripper,isnt there a tank version? hate dripping,to much hassle hehe)
Wasp Nano MTL

Now i know there a lot of models out there but the owner of the shop is struggling,you know he got a loan to open the shop and he is a good person so if possible i would like to choose from one of these three.

I hope one of them is good enough,i just want to do my part and try to order from him so he can keep the business going.

Well anyway,would really appreciate some advice on which one of these 3 would be better suited for my needs,good taste but low (cigarette like) cloud production.

If there is no tank version of the berserker then i guess i would have to choose the STNG or the Wasp Nano,had a Wasp Nano drip version but man it was a pain,didnt really like having to add liquid all the time,i much prefer a tank.

Weird thou,i thought the vape production of MTLs were much smaller than RTAs ive been using but watching the videos it still seems like a lot of vapor.
is that because of the settings or all MTLs are like that?

so anyway,thanks in advance for the replies,you guys rock!!

salutations from sunny Spain :)

• Disagree
Reactions: Don29palms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread