Advice on a VVVW or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabogart

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Satis, Faction
With BF and CM upon us, I'm looking to pick up an inexpensive APV (I'd Like to stay under $60)

Currently I have VV eGos and an eVic. I just purchased a number of panny 10 amp flat-tops, so I'd like something that the batteries will work in.

I do build usually 1.2-2 but I have no desire to go sub ohms. I have gotten interested in dual+ coils and higher ohm diddy-crack coils 3-4, but the eVic cannot handle the amps or the voltage/watts.

I predominately vape NETS, so I'd like to go higher than my current 11w limit for that too.

I'm convinced (atleast convinced myself) that technology will soon take a leap (either the DNA20 will be able to adjust down to 3-5 watts, A DNA30 will appear or Provari will issue a more robust version with at least VW, or a higher voltage limit.), so I'm not ready to drop $200+ (Provari, Cyclops, Semovar etc.) for another couple of months and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with a mechanical, but I'm open minded.

Basically, I'm looking for a MOD that will allow 3-15w or 6-6+v and decent amps to allow a quick coil heat up for dual coils.

Your imput is appreciated.

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Not a big Vamo fan... as they don't seem all that well built to me (what can you reasonably expect for the price?) - but most the Vamo V models, like the V5 for example run 3.0V ~ 6.0V/3 ~ 15W @ 5a.
Usually find them for $45-$65. Most everything else in your (present) price bracket, that are popular (Innokin iTaste models for example), have 3a limiters, and usually lower wattage limits as well. Not sure on the Tesla in the link. Same output specs as Vamo, but not a clue on amp limit.

There may be a issue with these - you'd have to speak to an owner of one to be certain - in that the mp might "read" resistance below around 1.2Ω... consider it a short, and not fire. Perhaps at the lower resistance, the more logical approach would be a mech and 30a high-drain IMR 18650.

DNA30 is in the works, the probable reason why DNA20s are in short supply. Initially, rumor has it that the 30 may only go into a dedicated APV of unknown origin... then available for general use. It's been rumored as well that all this will occur in early '14. Nothing concrete I've read though.

Cheers

papabogart

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
Satis, Faction
Thanks for the input SOF. I probably should study up and learn to operate a mech., but I like the control of VV and the ease of VW and am trying to find a cheap mod that might run duals and give me more than the 11w to hold me over until mid 2014. If there is no DNA30 or refinements on the DNA20 by then, I'll probably just bite the bullet and go Provari and a mech.

Lol, good point Jersey, but then again how many APVs have a 4.5-15+ range? :) It is what it is.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I have a Vamo 3 and a SmokTech Zmax 2. Of the two, I'd recommend the Zmax 2 because the 510 threads in my Vamo stripped out after three months and I've recently put it back into rotation after replacing the top cap. It wasn't really a big deal, I still have less than $40 invested in the Vamo (it was a fasttech purchase) but kinda annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread