Advice please for new UK member

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadcat

Oct 12, 2011
UK
Hi all,

I am coming here after meeting someone socially who was using some kind of E Cig., I don't really know this person so can't really follow up.

About me - Long time smoker from about age 15 to now aged 47. I consider myself a real junkie - 20+ a day and have tried patches, gum etc.... you know the story.

I think I am looking for some kind of E Cig that looks,tastes,behaves as much like a real one as possible.

I've had a look at one online, the Halo I think which appears quite realistic.

Can anyone give advice please for UK suppliers makes etc.

Thanks

Deadcat

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
Hey Deadcat, welcome. I'm a newbi too.

My starting point was doing a google search for 'e-cig uk' to bring up UK suppliers, I then looked at what was on offer and starting looking for reveiws, then I came here and had my eyes opened to all the different brands.

I suppose I can't advise on a specific make/model since mine won't be here till next week but have a read and also have a look on youtube for reveiws too, there are alsorts on there.

The peeps on here are great and helpful and there are lots of reveiws.

Let us know how you get on.

Cyberpixie

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2011
UK
I started on the halo, within 4 days I was ordering an ego. The halo batteries you'll be constantly charging. Anything that looks like a cig doesn't perform that well. An ego and low resistance boge cartomisers are head and shoulders above the halo. On the ukvapers.com forum there have been numerous people who started on the halo then switched to the ego and boge cartomisers within a week. Or you can get a special edition Riva (like an ego) at Liberty flights which has a true 3.7v battery. You'll get a much better vaping experience from that.

Last edited:

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...if your a heavy smoker, a ciggy look alike will probably disappoint because of batt life...because of that I would recommend you go with an eGo or Riva510(6+hr batts) from liberty-flights.co.uk...if ya just gotta have a ciggy look alike the sell the Joye510(1-3hrbatts)...another vendor option is jacvapour.com(2-3+hr batts)...I am sure there are other UK vendors...after 5 real posts, you will be upgraded here and can post in the UK and Int forums(you can read 'em now)...good luck and happy hunting..........
madjack:2cool:

Jadc

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
London UK
Hello Fello Uk'er I have been through all the mods and cigs but have come across one that plenty other will agree that are really good and these are a UK supplier and pretty much next day delivery if ordered before 3pm - Sport Full Starter Kit - Sport PCC starter kits by JAC Vapour Ltd I would not recommend if I didn't believe it was not worth it. Positive all day charge as it's constantly on charge! as it has a internal battery that you charge up for alternating the batterys you get when one gets low , the case is same size as an I-phone pretty much maybe little less and it's perfect for when going out if you do :), I have been using mine for about 2-3months now. P.S been a year and bit Vaping! and regards to 20+fags a day I would recommend 20mg carts (or juice bottle from the site) and if thats to strong go down a tad to 18.

Good luck and ask as many questions as you like as we all here love to help :)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Liberty-Flights.co.uk is a great shop - I love their US shop

Anything that looks the most like a cig with the same diameter as a cig is crap.
Cartridges used on an atomizer are the most annoying way to vape
Cartridges and cartomizers do NOT last as long as a pack of cigs unless you add eliquid
Tanks - some people like them an some hate them
High VG juices are too thick for most cartomizers and tanks
Auto batteries or any battery with an open hole in the end can be damaged or killed by juice leaks
Manual batteries make it easier to get a good hit
100mah is about 1 hour of moderate vaping w/ a standard resistance atomizer or cartomizer
Slim ecigs should only use standard resistance - the hotter LR stuff is for the BIG models
Always charge an ecig on its own charger
never screw anything on or in any further than necessary to connect and work
You need spares for everything
New vapers don't buy enough eliquid
You may buy a new model within a month

Do not buy ANY model unless you know what threading it is, what it should cost, whether it is a good model, and where else you can get supplies for it

There is a UK forum in National Forums

That is my advice

Last edited:

Warlordxxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Oldham UK
I met him at the Aint Nothin But Blues Bar in London on Saturday Night - r u out there??

I've seen a few Londoners kicking around ECF so it's possible - the one you have ordered looks like an 808d-1 similar to the volt - don't forget to let us know how you are getting on and when you have enough posts head over to the UK section :)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
BTW is this the Halo?
Electronic Cigarette Battery

Spiffed up RN4081 - it's a 2nd tier model in the US (a known but not very popular threading with not much available for it - a couple of kinds of blank cartos, its atomizers and carts, prefills from a couple of rebranders, a manual sealed battery if you can find it). It would be an OK starter. Not great but OK. In the US some 24-hour convenince stores sell them. IMO it would be better with manual batteries but RN4081 is usually sold with autos and the manuals are hard to find (in the US AZSMokeFree.com has a manual). It's a model that has fans.

Short battery life but thicker than a cigarette - an OK starter if the cartos don't have glued on caps and you would not know that until you get it (if you can find blank Rn4081 cartomizers then that would not be a problem). Same battery life as Joye 510 manual which has more stuff available for it but few prefilled cartos.

Last edited:

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Just got back, it's here now. Need to read the instructions and charge it. Should be able to give it a good tryout over the weekend.

Congrats on your kit arrival. Let us know how it goes for you. Don't be too hard on yourself if you have a few cigarettes while you're adjusting to vaping, your equipment and the experience. You're transitioning rather than quitting. Good luck and vape happy :)

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
The ecig you have is a kr808. You don't have to be stuck to the prefilled cartomisers knowing that. You can order 808 cartomisers from liberty-flights.co.uk (use september10 for 10% off) or order the blank cartomisers from jac again and fill them yourself. It's usually a lot cheaper to do it this way than order prefilled cartomisers as you can keep using the same cartomisers for a while instead of a one use deal.

One of the best UK juice sites I think are FreedomVape Online Store - Items - FreedomVape (UK) . The ry4 there is my all day vape which says something after 9 months or so vaping through a lot of liquids. But taste is subective! Kev has a decent slection and a pick and mix deal to try out 5 5ml juices for £12. The free shipping there is one of the big reasons to mention it to you.

Liberty-flights.co.uk also do juice but it's limited to 5ml or 30ml. There are some good ones out there and you get 34p or something every time you review something you buy so it's a good saver ontop of the 10% you can get off already.

There are a few UK juice sites so it wouldn't hurt to look around for prices and flavours available.

I have the same model as you from a different vendor and I really like it. It's not my main ecig but it's a strong second best to what I have.

I started on 18mg and lowered it to 8mg or less fairly quickly. 18mg is probably a decent place to start out if you're still smoking and find 24mg is too strong. Also, if you buy less PG juices, something like 50/50 pg/vg or similar or more vg then it will be a softer vape than higher pg content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread