Better than Halo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerbeagle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Wichita, KS USA
Off the cuff, if you are wanting to stay in the cig-a-like arena (and it seems you do), the Volcano Magma comes to mind ...but at best I'd say they are about equal rather than one is 'better' than the other. The G6 and the Magma are both 510 threaded and you can pretty much get 510-threaded cartomizers anywhere - Boge, smok, etc. The thing is, they are all pretty much made by the same factory in china so the chances are pretty high that the G6 and Magma carts are (likely) Boge carts to begin with.

It may just be that you are ready to step up to an eGo device. This is the natural progression and evolution for most people. eGos are slightly larger (about the size of a medium cigar), but they open up a world of potential in how long you can stay away from a power outlet or a juice refill bottle. The Twist/Spinner combo found at MyVaporStore with a couple of Evods is quite possibly the best deal in town for someone looking to trade up. You can still continue to use your cartomizers on these (if you have any left over or choose to do so), but most accept using the Evods pretty easily.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
Off the cuff, if you are wanting to stay in the cig-a-like arena (and it seems you do), the Volcano Magma comes to mind ...but at best I'd say they are about equal rather than one is 'better' than the other. The G6 and the Magma are both 510 threaded and you can pretty much get 510-threaded cartomizers anywhere - Boge, Smok, etc. The thing is, they are all pretty much made by the same factory in china so the chances are pretty high that the G6 and Magma carts are (likely) Boge carts to begin with.

It may just be that you are ready to step up to an eGo device. This is the natural progression and evolution for most people. eGos are slightly larger (about the size of a medium cigar), but they open up a world of potential in how long you can stay away from a power outlet or a juice refill bottle. The Twist/Spinner combo found at MyVaporStore with a couple of Evods is quite possibly the best deal in town for someone looking to trade up. You can still continue to use your cartomizers on these (if you have any left over or choose to do so), but most accept using the Evods pretty easily.

I don't own a G6 or a Magma but I'm pretty sure the Halo G6 batteries and cartomizers are 808 threaded.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I'm about to buy the kanger e smart. the kanger t4 clears will fit and it's 510 connection.
I have the vision spinner vv but miss the look and feel of the g6 (i returned mine before i realized i would only get like $20 bucks for the return) personally i'm getting kinda tired of fiddling with the clearos all the time.. i was very happy with g6 mini tanks so that's what i'm going back to, but i want my tanks to fit my other battery. so that's why i'm going with the e smart. and it looks like it has some better features... on off button and it maintains 3.7 volts till it dies, unlike g6 that will taper off as the battery gets week.

Seanchai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
i was very happy with g6 mini tanks so that's what i'm going back to, but i want my tanks to fit my other battery.

Sounds like you might want a 510 to 808 adapter... then your mini tanks will fit on 510 threaded batteries. 510 to 808 and Ego to 808 are a little hard to find sometimes, but I've seen them around. Of course, that would require re-buying the G6, so maybe the esmart is your better option. Just thought I'd mention that adapters exist to make 808 tanks compatible with any battery.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Sounds like you might want a 510 to 808 adapter... then your mini tanks will fit on 510 threaded batteries. 510 to 808 and Ego to 808 are a little hard to find sometimes, but I've seen them around. Of course, that would require re-buying the G6, so maybe the esmart is your better option. Just thought I'd mention that adapters exist to make 808 tanks compatible with any battery.

FOR $35 starter kit i went with esmart, also it maintains 3.7v until it dies, and it's kanger, i'm looking to use the t4's and those new Nano's!

also the esmart has the on/off feature, important to me since i have a 2 year old. that was the main reason i returned my g6, it was too easy for a child to use!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread