Advice please on helping elderly coworker switch to vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuxana

Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I work with a man who is an 83 year old retired Marine. To put it mildly, he's a no bull, tough S. O. B. but I love him dearly.

He has asked me to help him to start vaping. He has COPD, is a 3 PAD 50 year smoker, and desperately wants to quit. I told him I would do some research, purchase a setup for him that he can pay me back for, and teach him how to work it.

He is not technologically inclined at ALL. He barely can manage the cell phone we are required to use at work, so we really need a setup that is simple for him to use, and refill. He also needs batteries that will last a while, because of how heavily I know he will be hitting it.

Charging isn't an issue, we have access to the "accessory port" in our work van, and we spend most of our shifts sitting in the darn thing.

I guess my biggest concern is juice delivery. He needs something that is fairly simple to learn and keep up.

So, suggestions please? I have to wait until Friday to make any purchases, so that gives me a little time to gather wisdom and suggestions from the vets here :2cool:

Thanks Kindly!
Kathie

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
I would suggest taking him to a decent Vape shop, I'm not from Jacksonville so I don't know of any in that area. I'm sure some one more local to You will have some
advice on where to go. At a vape shop He can actually see, feel and maybe try different devices and delivery systems and decide what would best suit him

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
+1 to MoonLit's recommendation to head to a local vape shop for some hands-on. Hopefully, he'll be able to taste-test some juices as well, since finding a flavor he likes is a major factor of success, as we all know.

My first reaction re what kind of system would be best for him, since he's not a techie, was to suggest a cigalike and pre-filled carts. However, that's not going to satisfy his "habit," I don't think. What I do think might satisfy, and be easy to use, would be an eGo-type battery and a clearo or tank that's as simple to refill as possible. No need for bells and whistles; just a batt, a charger, a tank, and juice (and backups, of course).

It's great that you're making the effort to help him! You're a credit to vapers everywhere. :)

(And you can tell him from me that I know he can do it, because he's a Marine, and Marines can do anything, and do it well!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread