innokin Coolfire Ultra
Settings: 0.43Ni / 50.0w @ 150°C
CROWN:
uwell Crown IV
COIL:
Crown IV coil 0.4 (subohm)
eLIQUID:
Mothers milk 50VG/50PG

OK. What I am finding is that this goes through liquid like nobodys business!
I have also tried using the MOD on wattage setting (rather than the NI above) and found this went through coils (usually new coil every 2 days :(

Anyone have any reccomendations or advice I would be so pleased to her them :)

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
First, welcome.

Next, the 0.4 ohm Crown IV coil is SS904L. Run that in SS mode. I'd recommend keeping the temperature down below 215 C/420 F (although, personally, I run up to 450 F most of the time).The Ni mode on the mod is for Nickel 200. Or, you can run SS coils (but never Ni200 or Ti#1 - neither of which is available for the Crown IV, but worth mentioning should you ever experiment with a different atomizer) in wattage mode... On the side of the coil there should be a recommended range for the wattage.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

TheGilbs

Dec 21, 2021
Hi Shawn, & thank you for both the welcome & reply :thumbs:

OK. I have now changed the Mod to SS mode / 65.0w (coils reccommend 60-70w) & 415°F.

Initial thoughts are that there is nowhere near as much vape coming through (maybe a good thing:) ) & will keep you posted how I get on with this setting.

Again, cheers mate for thaking the time to come back to me

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Hi Shawn, & thank you for both the welcome & reply :thumbs:

OK. I have now changed the Mod to SS mode / 65.0w (coils reccommend 60-70w) & 415°F.

Initial thoughts are that there is nowhere near as much vape coming through (maybe a good thing:) ) & will keep you posted how I get on with this setting.

Again, cheers mate for thaking the time to come back to me

Greetings, there is a good reason for the reduced vapor production.

You see in the TC modes the MOD uses ether a preprogramed TCR for the wire type or user defined TCR. In your case you were using the "Ni" or "NI200" setting which is a preset TCR of ~600 and using a SS904L coil with a TCR ~100.

So with the miss matched TCR and actual wire type used settings your MOD would never think that your coil EVER actually reached 150C and keep pouring 50W into it until you released the fire button!!! (not actually temperature regulated at all)

Now that your using a 'SS' preset the actual temperature of the coil might now actually be somewhere near the target temperature you set the MOD to.

Personally, I try to stay LOWER than 440F as some not so nice chemicals/gasses start getting emitted at that and higher temperatures.

I generally vape between 380-420F depending on flavor of vape.

g.

g.

• Agree
    Reactions: HigherStateD

TheGilbs

Dec 21, 2021
    Wow you guys sure know yoiur stuff!!!

Thanks sooooo much for your help both, I am taking your advice on board running the mod at:
    65w / 430°F on SS mode
    Seems to have cut down greatly on liquid usage so great job guys!
    I have 3 mods (all the same) & one of them seems to cut out after a couple of seconds on draw but I can handle that (or replace it).
    Thank you both so much again & have a great Christmas :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread