Need advice for completely new set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

carynjahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
South Carolina
I need advice for a new setup. I currently have a sigelei 150 tc and a cleito tank. I use the .4 ohm coils in the tank. I have had this setup for a little over a year. Starting to have problems with the tank and mod. My coils don't last more than a few days. This has been the case for the last 2-3 months. My mod will just randomly shut off. Prior to all that everything worked great and I loved my set up. Now I really just want something that is going to give me good flavor. I really could care less about huge clouds. I prefer a tank to dripping. I usually vape around 40 watts. I have been looking at the kanger top box mini or nano. I want something small that is going to be a little cheaper. Between juice and $5 coils every few days, vaping is becoming way too expensive. I just worry that the top box is too much of a step down from my current set up. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

carynjahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
South Carolina
The Alien with the baby beast tank would be my suggestion. The coils last forever, and the flavor is excellent.

I'm looking for something that conserves juice better. I have a baby beast and I don't like it much. I went through coils on it the same as the cleito. I'm wondering if I should get away from sub ohm. I didn't have these problems before. Ugh......sorry just been having a bad couple of days as far as vaping goes

carynjahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
South Carolina
Any interest in building? Cutting out the cost of factory coils and replacing it with a $5 spool of wire and a $5 bag of cotton drastically cut my costs, and improved my experience. Just something to consider.

I have tried building on my own and i am extremely bad at it. My husband is decent, but I really can't rely on him because he is out of town a lot.

If finances are important, a Pico75 gives a lot of performance at a wee price..

I will definitely check that one out, thanks!

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I have not heard of that tank, I'll look into it, thanks!!
I have used Freemax tanks for about a year now. The Starre, RDTA, Scylla, and Pure. The Pure is a top fil 4ml with top airflow and ceramic cased kanthal coils. The tank doesn't get hot. The have a new tank just announced, Freeluke, and a new 200w mod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA
I'm not happy with the kangertech topbox mini at all; poor flavor, prone to leaking, RBA wouldn't work at all.I've been using an eGo AIO for on the go and a predator 228 with OBS Engine Nano for home and for a quick nic fix. Both of the latter are perfect flavor, easy fill with no leaking, and keeping me very happy.

Reactions: Tonee N

geoffd

Feb 21, 2017
Western Virginia
I have used Freemax tanks for about a year now. The Starre, RDTA, Scylla, and Pure. The Pure is a top fil 4ml with top airflow and ceramic cased kanthal coils. The tank doesn't get hot. The have a new tank just announced, Freeluke, and a new 200w mod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Love the FreeMax Starre Pure tank. The only slight con for me would be juice consumption. The flavor is awesome though and coil life is very good and absolutely no leaking. Very happy with the 2 I have.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tonee N

carynjahn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
South Carolina
Thank you for your help everyone! Pretty sure I figured out my problem. The shop I have been getting my coils from has been out of stock on kanthal coils for the cleito and has only been able to stock ss coils. I figured out my problem started when I went to the ss coils. They just don't perform well on wattage mode. I got some kanthal ones and have been happily vaping away! :thumbs::banana::vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread