The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

aegis 100w OR legend??

Discussion in 'Geekvape' started by kalifornia, Dec 12, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kalifornia

kalifornia Senior Member ECF Veteran

which will be the most troublefree device?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jwaterski

Jwaterski Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    OKC, OK
    Probably about the same, what best suits your need, one or two batteries. I have the 100, all good so far, although I've only had it a few months so not really a good measure of durability.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’ve got both. The ageis original is cheaper, slightly smaller, slightly more rugged, and harder to do software updates on. It also cannot be charged with a MicroUSB2 connection. The original ageis used to not last me a whole day of vaping, though this has gotten better with newer larger capacity 26650 batteries.
    As to which is more trouble free it’s a pretty tough call. They’re both pretty trouble free. I haven’t had any trouble with either of them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. kalifornia

do you have to update them or can you just not update them. Is the 100w being produced anymore?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    You don't have to update them...But at least with the Legend, you should as the battery usage is much improved.

The 100W is no longer made but still around for sale. Usually decent price.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. kalifornia

keep the opinions coming thanks

• Like Like x 3
  7. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I don’t know if the original ageis is or not. I’ve seen it being remaindered out for dirt cheap awhile back. You can simply not update them, but they have better battery life and TC if you do. It’s not particularly difficult. The only thing that makes the original ageis harder is the data port is underneath a screw on cover for which you have to have the right bit. If you happen to get a late production one it may already have the newest firmware anyway. There’s basically no way to control that though. Some people have bought ageis legends from vape stores and had the counter people do the update for them as well.

• Like Like x 3
  8. VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour Moved On

Oct 16, 2018
    Ontario, Canada
    Legend, topic closed ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Geekvape_Official

Geekvape_Official Brand Manager ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2017
    It is still produced.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. NolaMel

NolaMel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I have two of the 100w. Never been updated. Had them quite a while, and they hold up like iron. I use them when I’m somewhere not so safe for other mods (construction, deep water fishing, anywhere wet, gardening). Legend is too big/heavy for me, but I know they’re much loved by others. I also have two of the Aegis minis. Those I use with an ammit mtl rda, perfect pocket setup

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Jet Knight

Jet Knight Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2013
    Gotham
    '

Finally found one online store that has one in stock. All other places say it is discontinued or out of stock. Very happy with the 2 Legends that I already have but wanted one that can given enough wattage and used only a single 21700 battery.
    Will this model be made again?

• Like Like x 1
  12. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    No idea. It took them something like 5 years to design the legend though, and basically no one heard about it till it was released.
    If they’ve got another single battery mod in the pipe it could likely be a 21700 ageis. They’ve got the ageis mini out already though.
    If I had to guess what geekvape hardware people are working on now I would guess a pod or a squonker. They’re fashionable atm.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Punk In Drublic

Punk In Drublic Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Or a squonkable pod!!! :shock:

Own both the OG Aegis and the Legend. The Aegis does benefit from a larger cell, whether a 26650 or 2x700 with battery adaptor which to my knowledge only comes with the kit (subohm tank and mod kit). If the mod was purchased on its own, the 2x700 adaptor needs to be purchased separately.

Both are great devices!

• Like Like x 2
  14. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The 2x700 cap is also available separately directly from the geekvape site. Or was when I bought mine. Haven’t looked since.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rabbiporkchop

Rabbiporkchop Full Member

Sep 5, 2019
    I've got one of the 100 W original and 3 of the 200 W legends. I like all of them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I don't have the original but I like it.

Looks like the Legend got the new upgrade the OELD screen thingy or whatever. I only hear great things about the solo, by the way. Unless you need the larger battery capacity the Solo is looking pretty wonderful.

I upgraded my Legend, It was pretty easy and I am not tech savvy. Battery life was vastly improved and well worth it.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 1