Aegis Boost RBA Pod...What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WRichieX

Apr 2, 2019
Chicago
Hey guys, looking for some tips on how to use the rba pod for Aegis Boost. There are times when I change out the coil and cotton and it works perfectly, but more often than not, the cotton dries up after like 1 or 2 vapes. This makes the coil blacken faster and I have to change out the coil often after like 50-70 puffs. It just doesn't stay saturated. As mentioned, sometimes (I'm not sure what I'm doing differently) the cotton stays saturated and I get like 500 puffs out of it before I have to change out. I'm stumped. Can anyone shed some light on this? I have 2 rba pods and they both are like that.

I've also bought the ReeWape pods but not sure I like these too much. The flavor just isn't there.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
If it looks like the build in the photo you should be ok. Sounds like you're using too much cotton. Rdtas like this will also give you dry hits if the wick tails are too long - just long enough to drop a few mm into the wicking holes on each side is enough.
20200530_210645.jpg

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
It's all about the wicking. Not too long, not too short, not too dense, not too loose.

The content of the tank is a column of juice suspended above a wick, which acts as a conduit to the coil. The flow resistance of the wick material and the negative pressure above the liquid at the top of the tank are the forces that prevent the juice from simply pouring out the bottom.

Short wicks will provide a short distance from the juice to the coil, but may not provide sufficient flow resistance to the pressure of the juice above it: the wicks are then overwhelmed and leaking can occur. A long wick may have enough resistance, but be too long to wick efficiently creating dry hits.
It's a balancing act!

The density of the airflow, wattage and juice viscosity (PG/VG ratio) are all also pertinent variables.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread