hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    A couple days in and have an update. The coil needed a tank to break in as now the flavor is fantastic. Using a root beer float eliquid and was a little flat at first. Second tank, picking up all sorts of nuances of flavors. Third tank, seems even better.

Another thing I noticed and like, the drip tip rotates to fit the mouth from whatever way I pick it up. Something that seemed trivial to me when watching reviews but really enjoy now that I have it.

Battery life seems good. vaping at 32 watts and have only had to charge once. That is four tanks worth so pretty good.

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to trying it. If USPS doesn't mess it up, I should have one of the ones I ordered on Friday.

Reactions: Vicman
    This is such an ignorant question. As far as the unit is concerned, saltnic is no different from regular nic. Of course you can use it anywhere if you mind the concentration and the PG:VG ratio.

This forum is meant to help people and your remark was not only unhelpful but very disrespectful. I hope you try to be nicer in the future, new years resolutions are right around the corner.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
    Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    I agree with both of your complaints. It is really difficult to see the level, even when taking the pod out from the unit. Filling is messy almost all the time. I find that I get air bubbles which prevents the liquid from going in. Every once in a while I get the right angle and get a clean fill. Outside of these two items, I really like the Boost.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    This forum is meant to help people and your remark was not only unhelpful but very disrespectful. I hope you try to be nicer in the future, new years resolutions are right around the corner.
    In what world would you consider labeling a question as ignorant to be disrespectful? The primary reason that questions arise is ignorance.

On the contrary, my remark was factual and educational. My idea of respect for others encompasses identifying and correcting their mistakes. Your idea of respect seems to entail finding excuses to become offended on their behalf.

There is a great deal of ignorance and misinformation around the subject of saltnic and I will not apologize for being forthright in addressing it.

• Agree
    Reactions: ppeeble

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2017
    www.geekvape.com
    I agree with both of your complaints. It is really difficult to see the level, even when taking the pod out from the unit. Filling is messy almost all the time. I find that I get air bubbles which prevents the liquid from going in. Every once in a while I get the right angle and get a clean fill. Outside of these two items, I really like the Boost.
    Thank you so much for your feedback

Sporatic

Dec 17, 2019
    @Geekvape_Official Need your help with this. Can you please address the issue of the fluid seeping out at the bottom edge of the pods? I purchased one last week, thought that maybe I had damaged the pod, purchased another pod, and still have the same issue. You're support email said its just condensation, but its quite apparent that its actually juice seeping out of the joint. I have to constantly take the pod out and wipe it clean otherwise it starts to come out around the pod onto my hand. Its been asked a few times on your facebook page but whoever is running it, keeps giving the same answer verbatim. Feel free to PM me if you have any follow up questions about this. Just looking for some guidance. The device is absolutely fantastic other than that, but its just getting messy.

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: NolaMel

Junny89

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2012
    UK
    @Geekvape_Official Need your help with this. Can you please address the issue of the fluid seeping out at the bottom edge of the pods? I purchased one last week, thought that maybe I had damaged the pod, purchased another pod, and still have the same issue. You're support email said its just condensation, but its quite apparent that its actually juice seeping out of the joint. I have to constantly take the pod out and wipe it clean otherwise it starts to come out around the pod onto my hand. Its been asked a few times on your facebook page but whoever is running it, keeps giving the same answer verbatim. Feel free to PM me if you have any follow up questions about this. Just looking for some guidance. The device is absolutely fantastic other than that, but its just getting messy.

Exactly the same issue I have. Just be careful, it starts of with little amounts as mine did. However it started to come out through the metal shield, I took my pod out and the inside was just a juice mess. Huge puddle of juice that seeps out from any gap it can find. I have to wrap tissue paper around it just to use it for now until the rbs base comes.
    And yes I have tried 4 coils so far and 4 pods (all bought separately.)
    It's a fantastic piece of kit and by far the best I have encountered however this leaking issue really does need to be solved as I have a feeling after more of these leaks the mod will stop firing.

There are 2 youtube videos where they actually open the pod in 2 and use bathroom grade sealant around the edges. Hmm.

• Informative

Sporatic

Dec 17, 2019
    I was thinking of doing that but can't seem to get the two pieces apart easily. I tried gluing but it won't stick now that it's been contaminated with the juice. Even rubbing alcohol couldn't get the residue off properly.

Edit: I think I would use epoxy over silicone, simply because its far less likely to degrade and allow contaminants to enter the resevoir.

Last edited:
    • Informative

Junny89

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2012
    UK
    I was thinking of doing that but can't seem to get the two pieces apart easily. I tried gluing but it won't stick now that it's been contaminated with the juice. Even rubbing alcohol couldn't get the residue off properly.

Edit: I think I would use epoxy over silicone, simply because its far less likely to degrade and allow contaminants to enter the resevoir.

Yes it is silicone, so my question is will it be safe to mix in the pod with e juice?
    They use a really really fine flat knife style item, pry from one corner and follow all the way around.
    I think if they can get the filling of the pod sorted out it would be an excellent Pod Mod possibly the best we've seen up until now.

100% agree, however, I'm hoping that the RBA pod will solve the issue completely so I'm just waiting for it to come out in the UK.
    Once I get it I will report back.
    @Geekvape_Official any idea when the rba will be out in the UK?

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Yes it is silicone, so my question is will it be safe to mix in the pod with e juice?
    They use a really really fine flat knife style item, pry from one corner and follow all the way around.

100% agree, however, I'm hoping that the RBA pod will solve the issue completely so I'm just waiting for it to come out in the UK.
    I'll be over in April or May maybe bring you one :)

Sporatic

Dec 17, 2019

As I now have 2 pods, the original plus the replacement I bought, (thinking the first was defective) I pried one apart to see what it was like inside. I ended up breaking one of the side clips, but once all put back together its in there tight and is not coming back apart. When I got it open I found a gasket that I think is the problem. Its quite high up on the lower portion of the pod and is clearly in there to prevent the juice from getting down to to the seam where we see it coming out, but obviously its not working well enough. I think the tolerances are off and its too loose, ie not sealing to the inside collar of the top half. Perhaps another O-ring around it would solve the problem. For this one I ended up using silicone on the base since it was fast and easy. If it works, I will be taking apart my new one, more carefully of course and will try both a second o-ring and epoxy. From what I can tell, the silicone/expoxy should not even be necessary because the juice should never even get down to that part in the first place..but it does, acting almost like an overflow and from there it seeps out. In my opinion, a better/snugger fitting gasket up top would completely alleviate the need to seal up the base. At the end of the day, my non engineering and non manufacturing background has determined that this is a QC issue through and through. Just my 2 cents

Junny89

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2012
    UK
    How long did it take before they started leaking? I have had mine a week or so and haven’t noticed any yet. I’ll be watching closely now.

Pretty much, within the first few hours of usage.
    I've seen some people that have had zero issues, but also quite a few that have. So maybe a faulty batch somewhere.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2012
    UK
    As I now have 2 pods, the original plus the replacement I bought, (thinking the first was defective) I pried one apart to see what it was like inside. I ended up breaking one of the side clips, but once all put back together its in there tight and is not coming back apart. When I got it open I found a gasket that I think is the problem. Its quite high up on the lower portion of the pod and is clearly in there to prevent the juice from getting down to to the seam where we see it coming out, but obviously its not working well enough. I think the tolerances are off and its too loose, ie not sealing to the inside collar of the top half. Perhaps another O-ring around it would solve the problem. For this one I ended up using silicone on the base since it was fast and easy. If it works, I will be taking apart my new one, more carefully of course and will try both a second o-ring and epoxy. From what I can tell, the silicone/expoxy should not even be necessary because the juice should never even get down to that part in the first place..but it does, acting almost like an overflow and from there it seeps out. In my opinion, a better/snugger fitting gasket up top would completely alleviate the need to seal up the base. At the end of the day, my non engineering and non manufacturing background has determined that this is a QC issue through and through. Just my 2 cents

Exactly the same a few YouTuber's have done.
    O ring with silicone/epoxy.
    It's from the split in the pod, it's not sealed enough, mine has like 1mm gap in all the pods I have. And that's where it's leaking from.
    Oh also from under the coil it self aswell.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread