Aegis Legend is lying to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@Punk In Drublic this might be easier than the magnifying glass AegisLegendManual.pdf it's the aegis legend Manual pdf

I didn’t see this version you posted, but cause my manual was packed away, I actually went to the GeekVape site first. Got a good laugh at what they provided as a manual. TBH….the one you post is better, but not much. The font is still small and when you zoom in, it loses detail and becomes unreadable for most of it. Trust me, the magnifying glass was easier. But thx for the link. :thumb:

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I didn’t see this version you posted, but cause my manual was packed away, I actually went to the GeekVape site first. Got a good laugh at what they provided as a manual. TBH….the one you post is better, but not much. The font is still small and when you zoom in, it loses detail and becomes unreadable for most of it. Trust me, the magnifying glass was easier. But thx for the link. :thumb:
I always figure if I can read it anyone can read it

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
So just confirmed that my Legend with FW 1.2-0710 displays a low battery error when the cells reach 3.2 volts. Both cells measured by a volt meter and a Nitecore Intellicharger. The battery indicator on the Legend reflected this.

@VapourFlavour – just to confirm, your Legend displayed approx. 50% on your batter indicator when the cells were @ 3.2 volts? Did the mod still fire? Did you measure both cell’s at that voltage?

Couple of things I would try. First is to perform a reset – this can be done by removing your atomizer, turning the device off, holding the +/- buttons until the Firmware is displayed then press and hold the fire button until reset has been confirmed. This will retain the Firmware but reset the settings within the board. You will lose you puff count if that is of any importance.

Should that fail to rectify your problem, I would reload the Firmware again. You can go back to a previous firmware if wanted. Just to note, as experienced with another member who failed to flash their device, ensure your computer is not performing any heavy tasks and follow the update instructions. Remove atomizer and batteries, press and hold +/- buttons and plug in the USB and launch the update application. Click the Start Update button only once….multiple clicks will result in a failed update. Should you have problems with the USB cable, I know a member who has many spares ;)

I have run both FW versions 1.1 and 1.2 along with the original that came loaded from the factory. There was battery improvement from the original to 1.1 but I did not notice any improvements with battery life when updating to 1.2. There might have been improvements but they could have been subtle.

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
So just confirmed that my Legend with FW 1.2-0710 displays a low battery error when the cells reach 3.2 volts. Both cells measured by a volt meter and a Nitecore Intellicharger. The battery indicator on the Legend reflected this.

@VapourFlavour – just to confirm, your Legend displayed approx. 50% on your batter indicator when the cells were @ 3.2 volts? Did the mod still fire? Did you measure both cell’s at that voltage?

Couple of things I would try. First is to perform a reset – this can be done by removing your atomizer, turning the device off, holding the +/- buttons until the Firmware is displayed then press and hold the fire button until reset has been confirmed. This will retain the Firmware but reset the settings within the board. You will lose you puff count if that is of any importance.

Should that fail to rectify your problem, I would reload the Firmware again. You can go back to a previous firmware if wanted. Just to note, as experienced with another member who failed to flash their device, ensure your computer is not performing any heavy tasks and follow the update instructions. Remove atomizer and batteries, press and hold +/- buttons and plug in the USB and launch the update application. Click the Start Update button only once….multiple clicks will result in a failed update. Should you have problems with the USB cable, I know a member who has many spares ;)

I have run both FW versions 1.1 and 1.2 along with the original that came loaded from the factory. There was battery improvement from the original to 1.1 but I did not notice any improvements with battery life when updating to 1.2. There might have been improvements but they could have been subtle.
Thank you for the great info! I ran the batteries until the would not fire and the indicator on the screen still showed 50%. When I get home today I will do a reset and try the version 1.1 and see what happens.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Thank you for the great info! I ran the batteries until the would not fire and the indicator on the screen still showed 50%. When I get home today I will do a reset and try the version 1.1 and see what happens.

So if the mod would not fire when the cells reached ~3.2 volts, I’d say the mod itself is functioning as it should and what you are experiencing is a glitch with the graphical interface. Although I would agree this could be perceived as alarming at first, I don’t think there is need to fear the batteries will be drained beyond their capabilities. Perform a reset and if that does not correct the graphic try another FW update and report back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread