Aegis Squonk, P3cx3’s Review!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Well, this is an amazing setup that might not missing on your collection, let’s start with the traditional information, since I got a Review Sample, some commercial thins may be missing and maybe others are sold apart!

So let’s start with the official images by Geekvape:

s134-web_01-1.jpg

Aegis Squonk Kit is a 2 in 1 regulated single battery mod with squonk add-on function
that incorporates all of the durability elements of the Aegis series, powered with a single
18650 and equipped with the latest AS-100 chip fires up to 100W with ultimate
precision and stability.

s134-web_03.jpg

Latest AS-100 chipset provides an incredible accuracy & stable power output,faster
response time, and supports precise temperature control for Stainless Steel,
and provide precise control over various types of coil materials such as Stainless Steel, Nickel 200 and Titanium.

s134-web_05.jpg

IP67 waterproof, shockproof and dustproof

s134-web_07-1.jpg

First grade safety features
s134-web_04-1-1200x500.jpg

IP67 waterproof, shockproof and dustproof
s134-web_07-1.jpg

First grade safety features
s134-web_04-1-1200x500.jpg

Leakproof Squonk System
s134-web_11.gif

s134-web_12.gif

2-in-1 Modular mod Design
Geekvape proudly introduces the world’s first interchangeable modular rda Squonker system.
The innovative 2-in-1 mod design allows geekvapers to transform the itself from a Squonker
system to a simpler non-squonker RDA mod or vice versa. This is done by switching the Squonk
grip that comes with the refill bottle with a smaller nude grip add-on*. Geekvapers can now
enjoy the benefits of having one mod two systems.
*The nude grip add-on is sold separately, please contact your nearest reseller for purchase.
s134-web_13.gif

s134-web_12-2019928.jpg

The mod, un-boxing, some details:

The un-boxing of this review sample was quite amazing, indeed!
Te unit come several items, I did take some time and took my pics, so, so far the only thing they miss is the Torx wrench for taking apart squonk and put the standard flat back cover, but any way let’s see more, the unit comes with: coils, cotton, some tools and also another bottle, back cover and some orings!

upload_2019-10-7_17-54-37.png

The unit is pretty much a light weight setup, nice feel on hands, comfortable and also trustable; if you have your fears about accidental mod drop this unit got you cover!
The mod works and shows the same as aegis solo or mostly legend, the tweaks and menu navigation are the same, 5 clicks turn’s on and off the device, with the power bottom - / + keys you will be able to take brightness down, if you hold and press -/+ both you will lock them and avoid accidental ups and downs on keys, 3 power clicks will take you across TC, TCR, TFR, By pass and power modes, this units takes coils from 0.05 ohms and up,

upload_2019-10-7_17-55-59.png

the squonk port is hidden, also for some juice bottles you might need to take out your RDA, this should be related to the fact that all aegis are dust, impact and water resistant, so it not bother me that much, since the consumption is not that much on this babe due some limitations like single battery, but we will collapse this topic way beyond!

The bottle is soft enough but there is no clue when totally empty since the mod does not show any bottom or top on bottle, also to take the bottle apart you need to take out squonk panel, to unscrew 2 little torks inside and taking the bottle apart could be a total pain in the heck! Is way too hard to take out, but this mod or kit is intended to be unbeatable like all aegis lineup, so nothing to worry here!

Batery Life, cloud production and general performance:
well, the provided coils didn’t looked that delicious for a squonk setup, so I did tried mine with some Ni80 Alien coils, 0.15ohms, and I did endured this babe on a 55-65W range, according the moment and place to chuck some big fad clouds or just taste your juice like a dripper does!

upload_2019-10-7_17-56-53.png
upload_2019-10-7_17-58-10.png

Amazing unit taking in consideration the biggest critics it have collected around other reviewers, the 18650 battery barrier, is brave enough regarding power, this babe worked me fine for entire days, always having my back cover with another 18650 cell, but one battery should be fine for most users around 0.25ohms coils and less than 65-70W daily setup, most people point this device as faulty due lack of support another battery specs, I found it just fine, is a starter squonker kit, which performs pretty well compared to other that might leak or have the bottle pretty closer to the battery, and also would leak if you left on some places, my aegis squonk was accidentally left on my backpack with other stuff, no spills around, nice played, so is leak proof as well!

the provided RDA on this kit is a nice Atty too, easy to build and also to work with, I wonder why geekvape sent a dual coil atty for this kit, a single coil one will be the best bang for the buck on performance, battery life and product ratings at all,

upload_2019-10-7_17-57-42.png

I really had great times with this babe during the review time, that much that decided to give a try with another RDA soon, with an amazing tsunami 24 Plus RDA that I have lying around! Special thanks for the review chance and product as well! Hope my review will make up decisions on more people trying to get this amazing Setup!

Stay tuned, this review will have part 2, modular mod, modular review!

special thanks to: @Geekvape_Official

Regards,

Last edited:

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
@P3ch3, +1 on the review.

But like me, do you agree that @Geekvape_Official limited themselves by not using a 21700 cell so that it could compete more favourably against Dovpo's Topside Single which is around the same price range?
totally agreed on the cells option, also i will try this setup with my C$ asmodus single coil RDA, i would like to endure this mod with a single coil setup and single battery,

We could mark or state this 1st Aegis squpnk model as starter kit, hopping new revisions will see this: The support for more battery sizes would be the best upgrade on incoming aegis Squonk lineup, also a dual battery beast will be another epic win...

Regards,

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
I would have to agree about battery choice. The 21700 would have been the way to go.
would be the best bang for a buck, better battery support!

But one thing for definite @P3ch3 I would like to know is how well the 510 connector and the tubing hold up over time, as there's been a lot of Squonk mods that haven't done so well over time.

But of course, only time will tell.
whe whole feeding system amazes me indeed, the hidden bottle, the fact that the bottle and battery are totally apart makes safety gone one step beyond, the lack of battery support is the only con this device shows for me, the durability, the quality build and some other great specs like hiden bottle feed port and the initial aegis fact: durable, almost apocalypse-proof is what i like the most, only time will tell if also liquid could go inside or damage other parts, for now is my fav squonk kit!

thanks for the discussion and input maaa friends

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread