Status
Not open for further replies.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
The REM atty looks good except those post holes are very limited and so isn't the deck you have to work with. I may get one to put in simple twisted builds, or I'll give it to a friend. What's the biggest build you've put in the rem atty?

3.6mm, 23awg N80, 3 wide spaced wraps

I usually run naked wire. I'm sure a file could open up the posts if you run heavier wire. You should be able to fit a 38 over 24 clapton wire in there as is.

Last edited:

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
Thank you Rockwell ! I Really want to mod it so it will be a bottom fed atty if possible
No problem. That would be awesome if you did that. If I had any sqonkers I would do that too. Even if it didn't work it's a really nice rda. It's the best of the v1 and the v2 pro. It's basically like they put them together to create this.

Reactions: Huntsmanlance

Huntsmanlance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Moore, Oklahoma
I have the V1...love it and use it all the time...I didn't get the V2 after I saw all the reviews...but this one looks awesome...if the pin does unscrew then it will be easy to mod

I got a squonker for Christmas. .all I can think is
that Santa must have been hitting the eggnog to much and mixed up the list :)

Reactions: Rockwell222

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
I still use my v1 all the time I just put the v2 airflow top in it so it's not so restricted. The v2 is a little better for flavor over the v1 but that stupid threading is awful. I get it to not leak then a few days later it has liquid pooling up. I've tried to fix that v2 so much and I always think it's fixed then it leaks once again. The Aeolus lite is the best of all worlds. If it had velocity style posts or even just a dual post it would be even more amazing. What squonker did you get from Santa? Lol

Huntsmanlance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Moore, Oklahoma
I have a Velocity and it came with a bf pin so I figured I would use it while checking out the others.

I read allot of the mod forum post and was looking at doing that on my V1 but then I remembered that the Lite was only $40

and now after reading everyone's post it seems like the V3 is even better than the V1 !!!

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
It's much easier to build on and has a less restrictive airflow. The only thing I wish it had besides velocity posts is single airflow option. I talked to them and you can buy the single airflow option for 15$, it's specified for the v2 pro in the accessories but it fits the Lite as well. I'm very happy with this purchase and would recommend highly.

mrmoodz

Mar 20, 2015
Phoenix
Trust me the Sapor is nowhere near quality. Not even middle shelf. I have clones that have lasted me almost a year and the Sapor not even a week on 2 different units.
I was considering an Aeolus v2 for a while myself, but I'm more a Kennedy guy.
Edit: does anyone have a regular v2 and a v2 lite? If so can you show pics of a side by side deck/chamber/topcap comparison?

That is horrible that you went through 2 Sapor's. I bought one back in July and it's still been on my daily rotation. No issues thus far.

The Aeolus Lite does look like a great RDA though.

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
By the way, on syntheticlouds site, where you choose your color for the aeolus lite, they have an all stainless version also. That's the one I just ordered, looks alot like the original minus the heat sink bottom. I think all of the colors are really cool, but I just have a thing for the stainless look myself. Hoping its as good as everybody says!

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
By the way, on syntheticlouds site, where you choose your color for the aeolus lite, they have an all stainless version also. That's the one I just ordered, looks alot like the original minus the heat sink bottom. I think all of the colors are really cool, but I just have a thing for the stainless look myself. Hoping its as good as everybody says!
I'm sure it will be!!! I'm going to order either a black one next or the stainless steel version. I also have to pick up the single airflow control so I can do single coils without a piece of paper or tinfoil to block one of the airflow sections. All in all by far my favorite RDA. Now if they could do posts similar to the velocity deck and I would be a really happy fella. :thumbs:

Do you guys get alot of spit back when dumping juice through the smaller drip tip??? Maybe my own user error, but I seem to. Would use the wide boar, but imo flavor seems a lot better via standard drip tip. I bought this would the purpose in mind (being a sloppy dripper who leaks alot) that I can drip via drip tip, and not worry about leaking. So far with this atty, it holds true, but the spit back is a con for me. There's no spit back when I take off the cap and drip properly, but it depicts my whole intention of buying this atty.

I think it would be perfect with a velocity deck, because the I think the spit back comes from the juice being stuck on top of the middle post hole bar. I just have a standard 24g build at about 2ohms. I should give the wide boar another chance, but don't really like how it feels on the lips aside from the flavor diffrence. Oh well, want to hear your thoughts on it.

Also, want to see if it stands the test of time being made of aluminum and all. Feels super light compared to most atty's but is it durable? I guess only time will tell. If u have any durability issues let me know.

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
I got two of these (one army green and one blue) and so far, I have mixed feelings on them. I like the design, I like the airflow, and the machining on mine is good. I like the looks a lot too!

But I'm struggling to find flavor in them. I've tried claptons, which gave nice vapor, but the whole atty got super hot. I've tried 3mm 26ga Ni80 @ 0.3 ohms, and while the atty doesn't get as hot, I don't get very good flavor. I've tried parallel builds, twisted builds and in the end, am still struggling to get good flavor. It seems my Sapor gave better flavor, and I didn't really like that atty.

Also, as others have mentioned, the delrin chuff cap they provide is just not comfortable. Both of mine are really sharp and uncomfortable, not to mention a bit of a loose fit.

Oh well. I'm going to keep trying builds. I really want to like this one, but it's been hard...

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I got two of these (one army green and one blue) and so far, I have mixed feelings on them. I like the design, I like the airflow, and the machining on mine is good. I like the looks a lot too!

But I'm struggling to find flavor in them. I've tried claptons, which gave nice vapor, but the whole atty got super hot. I've tried 3mm 26ga Ni80 @ 0.3 ohms, and while the atty doesn't get as hot, I don't get very good flavor. I've tried parallel builds, twisted builds and in the end, am still struggling to get good flavor. It seems my Sapor gave better flavor, and I didn't really like that atty.

Also, as others have mentioned, the delrin chuff cap they provide is just not comfortable. Both of mine are really sharp and uncomfortable, not to mention a bit of a loose fit.

Oh well. I'm going to keep trying builds. I really want to like this one, but it's been hard...
I found the best flavor in my v2 with fused claptons. Currently running a fused 26n80/36n80, 6 wrap 3mm dia coming in at 0.17ohm at 80w and loving it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread