Aerotank Mega Not Working with Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
So I've been using my Aerotank Mega and my nautilus with my Provari 2.5 for a while now. No problems with either.

I let my Aerotank sit for about a week unused. I decided to fill it late last night, and when I put it on my Provari, I got an E1error.

It was late so I just put my Nautilus back in and used it until I went sleep. Well I just put a new coil on my Aerotank, put it on the Provari, and again... E1.

I took the tank off and put it on my Lavatube v2, and it fired up no problem whatsoever. So obviously the tank and coil are fine.

Which leaves me asking my question, why is it not working with my Provari all of a sudden?? It worked fine before. And neither it nor my Provari have been dropped, knocked over, etc..

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions anyone?

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
I was actually just coming back to leave an update that I got it working.

Secutorum and JollyRoger, you're both absolutely right.

I thought perhaps, with the way the Nautilus uses that spring loaded connector, it'd possibly pushed my Provari connection down... so I tightened the Aerotank on nice and night, E1.

Then I, just out of curiosity, loosened it a bit... and it fired up no problems. Retightened it, E1... Loosened again.. fired no problem again. So apparently that's the issue. Not sure I understand what changed since this was never an issue before, but... working is working.

Thanks a lot everyone. Your answers and recommendations were spot on! Regardless of me finding out how to get it firing before reading back here, I still highly appreciate the input, both for being right, and for letting me know it's not just an isolated problem with my tank. :)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Unfortunately it is the lack of standards in the industry. Not blaming Provari, Kanger or the hundreds of other manufacturers but there are a lot of minor discrepancies in devices that often lead to issues.
Kanger pin contact has been a sticky point since the T3 was released and still is.
Some Mods use wider center pins than others.
Some atomizers have shallower center pins than others.

I Popped the Spring in 2 Bottom/Side switches on one of my KTS storm mods that had never been a problem. Turns out the Trident I placed on top has a broad center pin that sits almost flush. Over tightening shorts the Trident base.
Unfortunately Mechanical Mods have no smart chip to watch out for us.:(

Work your center pin down a touch and make sure your Coil Head is good and tight.(they have to touch)
You can extend the pin on the coil head a small amount if needed. it will set to position upon installing.

Last edited:

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Thanks for the input crxess.

Sorry to hear about your switches. I've heard a lot of people rave about mechs, but even after vaping 2.5 years, I think they're a bit beyond me in certain areas. I'm sure I could research and figure things out, but honestly my current mods and tanks work great for my needs.

I know I can do a quick google search, and it's really not necessary at the time, but is it possible to adjust the center pin on a Provari? I don't really see any screws or anything that'd let you go in and adjust it, but I just thought I'd ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread