Status
Not open for further replies.

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
little birdhouse in your soul
I would rather not mess with an expensive APV to make it work with something that's less expensive. Especially when that APV works fine with several other tanks. It's just me.

The tank needs to work with the APV not the other way around. I wrote to kanger's USA customer service in GA. Hopefully they will look into this, considering I am not the only one who is having this problem.

Unfortunately, this is not always the case. I have some attys that have adjustable center pins and even the same tank needs to be adjusted differently to work on the same battery from time to time. If the tanks are over-tightened, it will push your battery pin down and although it may work with some tanks; it may not work with others unless you manually pull the battery post up a bit.

I use the Aerotank bases a lot and sometimes they work easily and other times they do not. The actual center pin of the Aerotank base, the center that makes contact seems to be spring loaded and depending on the coil, is in different positions (sometimes more out than in and vice versa). You could try cleaning all of your contacts with rubbing alcohol but if the VTR is working with some tanks and not that one, it is the two pieces not making good contact. You can try to tighten down the coil as much as you can AND trying to snug the base of the Aerotank so there is no space between the base piece and the Aerotank..........or raise your VTR battery post up a bit.

EDIT: there are also times that if I screw down too tight, it won't work and if I slightly unscrew it and fire the button (repeat until it fires the atty); that works too

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Unfortunately, this is not always the case. I have some attys that have adjustable center pins and even the same tank needs to be adjusted differently to work on the same battery from time to time. If the tanks are over-tightened, it will push your battery pin down and although it may work with some tanks; it may not work with others unless you manually pull the battery post up a bit.

I use the Aerotank bases a lot and sometimes they work easily and other times they do not. The actual center pin of the Aerotank base, the center that makes contact seems to be spring loaded and depending on the coil, is in different positions (sometimes more out than in and vice versa). You could try cleaning all of your contacts with rubbing alcohol but if the VTR is working with some tanks and not that one, it is the two pieces not making good contact. You can try to tighten down the coil as much as you can AND trying to snug the base of the Aerotank so there is no space between the base piece and the Aerotank..........or raise your VTR battery post up a bit.

EDIT: there are also times that if I screw down too tight, it won't work and if I slightly unscrew it and fire the button (repeat until it fires the atty); that works too

Are you sure about that?
I've never heard of the aerotank base being spring loaded; if it were spring loaded, that would be a major selling point.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Found this on reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_.../so_i_dissected_my_aerotank_or_it_fell_apart/
So I dissected my Aerotank, or it fell apart, whatever. Here's how to fix it. (self.electronic_cigarette)
submitted 4 months ago * by Kthulu666Current vape>> Zombie Provari, Russian 91%
I've had my Aerotank maybe a couple weeks. I noticed that once in a while it would stop working but it would work when I replaced a coil, so I thought I got some substandard coils. I thought wrong. The firing pin wasn't making a proper connection with my battery and the coils and when I replaced a coil I was inadvertently fixing the problem, albeit temporarily.

Today I began to unscrew it from my mod as usual to refill it and whammo, bottom part and mod in one hand, tank with the upper section of it's base in the other. 2 springs and the adjustable ring went their merry way to the floor. It turns out that they're assembled in this order: base (part with 510 threading), spring, adjustable ring, spring, top of base. The top and bottom are only press-fit together.

Fix: Screw the adjustable ring onto the bottom of the base (part with 510 threading) with a spring between the two. Put a spring above that and press the final part of the base together. A light tap with a rubber mallet, or something similarly heavy but soft, should fit them together pretty snugly. Good as new.

*After reassembling it and vaping for an hour or two I discovered that the second spring is nonessential as it was still on my countertop and the tank/airflow control seems to be unaffected by it's absence. Been in use all day without that spring, out and about, no problems yet.

So apparently there are supposed to be springs in there somewhere!

===
also the last comment on that reddit link mentioned a gap, which as I recalled, the OP mentioned;

[–]snarlin 1 point 1 month ago
Awesome. I couldn't figure out why my new aerotank was having connection issues. Sure enough I saw the small gap on closer inspection and a little compression popped it right back into place.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
spacer.jpg

I hear these things work:

Circuit Board Spacer
Circuit Board Spacer. This is a circuit board that is approximately 6.2mm in diameter by .25 mm thick. It fits nicely into a 510 connector and may be able to be used by some of you to alter your mods and connectors to adjust airflow or fix connectivity issues with deeply set center posts. Fits 510, 808, 901 and other similarly sized batteries or atomizers. Price is per board and there is no warranty on this item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread