Innkoin VTR problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased an InnokinVTR. With in a week of use, the device stopped detecting the Iclear 30s tank/coil that comes stock with the kit and will not fire. I purchased new coils for the Iclear 30s and this still didnt solve the problem. This resistance reading on the Ohm screen reads NON an the device will not fire. On occasion if I apply pressure to the tank , it will fire, but very rarely. So as it stands I have a $100 paper weight. Curious if there is anyone with experience regarding this problem

CosmicCatalyst

Dec 31, 2013
Evansville, IN
Sounds like you might need to wiggle the center pin of the atomizer out a little bit to make contact. Search youtube for a video that might help you understand this. Just an idea though

I highly suggest this, I had a similar issue with an MVP. Wouldn't fire anything, I took it back to the B&M since I just purchased it that day there. They first tried pulling out the center pin on iclear30 a bit and still read NON. They tried using their iclear on it and wouldnt fire. They tried a few more clearos out on it and NON. Then they attempted to pull out the MVP center ring. Still read NON. They reluctantly gave me a new MVP and I returned the other. I really wanted them to fix the MVP, because I know the heartache of returning malfunctioning units. The new MVP read the iClear, but I had to pull down the atomizer center pin on my EVODs about 1mm to get them to fire.

Sounds like you might need to wiggle the center pin of the atomizer out a little bit to make contact. Search youtube for a video that might help you understand this. Just an idea though

Thanks for the response. I have tried everything I can think of, short of disassembling the unit, which I dont want to do as it is only a week old. I am trying to get it replaced or refunded by the seller, but thats not going too well so far. My next step will be to try a different style tank and see if that works. Thanks again

Lunarautumn

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
New Hampshire USA
I have one of these also I have had it for about 6 weeks and it worked great up until last night i took a puff off of it and when i let go of the power button it did not stop it kept sending power to the tank and was giving off a really bad odor i quickly dropped the battery, looked it over cleaned everything and put the tank back on hit the power button to start it back up, and it started up like normal then i noticed the resistance said "non" so i replaced the head on the I Clear 30 put the new one on and same thing it said "non" I hit the power button to see if it would do anything and the tank came to life like there was nothing wrong but again when i let go of the power button power kept going to the tank and would not stop so i had to drop the batt again now i do not want to try it again i do not want to cause any more damage does anyone have any idea what could cause this? i am using an 18650 protected battery in this also

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have one of these also I have had it for about 6 weeks and it worked great up until last night i took a puff off of it and when i let go of the power button it did not stop it kept sending power to the tank and was giving off a really bad odor i quickly dropped the battery, looked it over cleaned everything and put the tank back on hit the power button to start it back up, and it started up like normal then i noticed the resistance said "non" so i replaced the head on the I Clear 30 put the new one on and same thing it said "non" I hit the power button to see if it would do anything and the tank came to life like there was nothing wrong but again when i let go of the power button power kept going to the tank and would not stop so i had to drop the batt again now i do not want to try it again i do not want to cause any more damage does anyone have any idea what could cause this? i am using an 18650 protected battery in this also
Your fire button is getting stuck when you press it. I don't know of a fix, and Innokin doesn't offer repair service to their products. Unless your supplier can work out a deal, you've got an expensive paperweight. Should have bought a Provari. :p

It also sounds like you fried the coil in your tank. That's likely what was causing the bad odor and the resistance showed "non". Turning the VTR off and back on with the new replacement coil reset the processor so that it could read the atomizer resistance.

You really should be using a high drain IMR battery in the VTR, not a protected ICR battery.

Why high drain batteries for regulated mods?

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or protected ICR?

Why Provari?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread