Aerotank vs Aerotank v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
Considering one of the new aerotanks. Interested to here from someone that has both. Know one of the main issues with the original was the coils. Do the version 2's have a different coil design?

If your main concern is the coils you can actually use the new coils in the original Aerotank. I use the new coils in mine.

jstjoehere

Jun 1, 2014
Wv, usa
Im guessing your referring to the new aerotank with the 1.5 or 1.6 ohm coils. I have the original aerotank and I rebuild all of my coils to 1.6 ohm. I just like it better than the dual coils. The original holds a little more juice than the new. I wish the mega would have been available when i bought my aerotank lol. No worries I have something else on order now. You can rebuild any of kangetechs coils to any ohm you want. I just pefer mine around 1.6 to 1.8

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I just got the aerotank mega. I've been a strict rebuildable atomizer guy for the past couple months, and prior to that, I used a genesis for a few months. But the aerotank mega is dang good, and keeps up with thick, syrupy juice just fine. I went through alot of clearos early on and this is the best one I've ever used

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Im guessing your referring to the new aerotank with the 1.5 or 1.6 ohm coils. I have the original aerotank and I rebuild all of my coils to 1.6 ohm. I just like it better than the dual coils. The original holds a little more juice than the new. I wish the mega would have been available when i bought my aerotank lol. No worries I have something else on order now. You can rebuild any of kangetechs coils to any ohm you want. I just pefer mine around 1.6 to 1.8
What do you have on order? :)

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just got the aerotank mega. I've been a strict rebuildable atomizer guy for the past couple months, and prior to that, I used a genesis for a few months. But the aerotank mega is dang good, and keeps up with thick, syrupy juice just fine. I went through alot of clearos early on and this is the best one I've ever used

Do you have any experience with the Nautilus tank? If so how would you compare it to the mega? :) wonder if the version 2 Aerotank is using same coils as the mega??

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Do you have any experience with the Nautilus tank? If so how would you compare it to the mega? :) wonder if the version 2 Aerotank is using same coils as the mega??
My friend has the Nautilus and the mega. He says slightly better flavor from the Nautilus, but far more duds with the spare coils, which is a deal breaker for me. Add to that the fact that the design makes it very susceptible to serious damage of the glass tank if it falls, and I the the mega is the clear winner here. It also comes with a slick looking steel tank to swap with the glass one

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
I have the Aerotank mini, Mega, and the new Aerotank V2. They all use the same coils and they are available in 1.5 and 2.0ohm from what I've seen. I wasn't sure about the coils being the same when I bought the tanks, but now I know they are all the same. These tanks are really great, all of them. Also, have you seen the new Aerotank Giant? Yep, there's a Giant.

tp4tissue

Jun 15, 2014
usa
I have the Aerotank mini, Mega, and the new Aerotank V2. They all use the same coils and they are available in 1.5 and 2.0ohm from what I've seen. I wasn't sure about the coils being the same when I bought the tanks, but now I know they are all the same. These tanks are really great, all of them. Also, have you seen the new Aerotank Giant? Yep, there's a Giant.

Um... the older atomizer portion was easier to re-build than the NEW one which comes with the aerotank and protank 3/p3mini

The reason is.. the top of the atomizer on the new one is much harder to get off, and sometimes you might just snap off the top cylinder.

Whereas on the old atomizer, the top comes of much more easily for you to take apart and rebuild the micro-coil (should you choose to do so)

So, that's really the only big difference I've found...

the advantage of the NEW atomizer however, is that it is less likely to gurgle/flood due to the more restricted side inlets..
cool-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Oh, also.. the newer atomizer has a silicone ring insulator on the bottom instead of the original white rubber ring..

I suspect that the old complaints of a Burnt rubber scent from protanks was caused by this white rubber insulator which has changed to silicone in the new ones.

Last edited:

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY

A GIANT you say? Hmmm... I really like my Nautilus but have had more bad coils than good. If I could find something with similar capacity that performs just as good or better I'd be all over it!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

jstjoehere

Jun 1, 2014
Wv, usa
What do you have on order? :)

I ordered the fogger v4 Ive heard good and bad about it like alot of others. Basically I just wanted something for those really stressful days when Im not getting what I need from my aerotank. I thought as long as it isnt a leaky nightmare like previous versions it would do the job. Guess im a big fan of air flow control lol. The fogger should be here tomorrow late afternoon Ill post a review on it.

Garym93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2014
New Jersey
I ordered the fogger v4 Ive heard good and bad about it like alot of others. Basically I just wanted something for those really stressful days when Im not getting what I need from my aerotank. I thought as long as it isnt a leaky nightmare like previous versions it would do the job. Guess im a big fan of air flow control lol. The fogger should be here tomorrow late afternoon Ill post a review on it.

You'll love the fogger. Really airy. The build is kind of a ..... though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Considering one of the new aerotanks. Interested to here from someone that has both. Know one of the main issues with the original was the coils. Do the version 2's have a different coil design?

Had the aerotank, was good (considering i was using iclear 16s before that), used to gurgle and flood a lot, and the air control ring used to get stuck all the time. I never used to really adjust the airflow as the choices were fairly tight draw, tight draw, very tight draw.

Got the nautilus aspire, way better then the aerotank, so much so i gave it away. Still got the occasional gurgling and flooding, having to take the whole thing apart and clean and reassemble, maybe 2-3 times a week.

Then the mega came out, much better then the nautilus, a different league to any tank i've tried. The coils are top notch, last me 2 weeks plus a pop and give the bet flavour by a mile, even better then the odd well performing nautilus coil, and no flooding issues at all. The tank is sturdy and well built, it looks amazing, absolutely no flooding, great vapour, and the fullest flavour of any tank so far. I loved it so much i bought two more and sold every other clearo-tank i own. The V2 is the same but smaller, and i couldn't recommend it more.

Aerotank vs aerotank v2? How does the playstation 2 compare to the playstation 4? There is no comparison, 2 completely different leagues. Do yourself a favour and invest in the v2 or mega

Last edited:

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014

Kanger make 1.2ohm and 0.8ohm stock coils now, they are really good, got some mothers milk on the 0.8 right now and i prefer it to my kayfun. Yeah, i said it

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Had the aerotank, was good (considering i was using iclear 16s before that), used to gurgle and flood a lot, and the air control ring used to get stuck all the time. I never used to really adjust the airflow as the choices were fairly tight draw, tight draw, very tight draw.

Got the nautilus aspire, way better then the aerotank, so much so i gave it away. Still got the occasional gurgling and flooding, having to take the whole thing apart and clean and reassemble, maybe 2-3 times a week.

Then the mega came out, much better then the nautilus, a different league to any tank i've tried. The coils are top notch, last me 2 weeks plus a pop and give the bet flavour by a mile, even better then the odd well performing nautilus coil, and no flooding issues at all. The tank is sturdy and well built, it looks amazing, absolutely no flooding, great vapour, and the fullest flavour of any tank so far. I loved it so much i bought two more and sold every other clearo-tank i own. The V2 is the same but smaller, and i couldn't recommend it more.

Aerotank vs aerotank v2? How does the playstation 2 compare to the playstation 4? There is no comparison, 2 completely different leagues. Do yourself a favour and invest in the v2 or mega
Thanks for the info. I have a mega and V2 that should be here today. Really like the Nautilus tanks but they have a lot of coil issues that I hope they get resolved since I have 3 tanks. :ohmy:

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Thanks for the info. I have a mega and V2 that should be here today. Really like the Nautilus tanks but they have a lot of coil issues that I hope they get resolved since I have 3 tanks. :ohmy:

Im sure you will love the tanks mate, post your opinions when you've had a play! :D

I'm not sure it's as simple as newer = better. I haven't seen a regular Aero 2 in person yet, I am a long time Kanger clearo user and have an Aero Mega and Mini. Looks and design wise I don't see a lot of difference. The shift to SS construction is great, and the machining and tolerances are almost certainly better, and the wholesale and street prices reflect that.

If it is that much better than the V1, I think the interesting question is whether that's due to overall design changes, the changes to the coil heads themselves, or a bit of both.

One thing's for certain, Kanger is *very* proud of their new coil heads. They're double the cost of the old singles at the wholesale level. Which is why, even though I love the new Aero Mega, I'm still partial to my MPT2 with the Mini Aero base on it for those times when I don't have the time or am not in the mood to rebuild.

Looking forward to seeing the V2 at some point. Vape on all.

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
I'm not sure it's as simple as newer = better. I haven't seen a regular Aero 2 in person yet, I am a long time Kanger clearo user and have an Aero Mega and Mini. Looks and design wise I don't see a lot of difference. The shift to SS construction is great, and the machining and tolerances are almost certainly better, and the wholesale and street prices reflect that.

If it is that much better than the V1, I think the interesting question is whether that's due to overall design changes, the changes to the coil heads themselves, or a bit of both.

One thing's for certain, Kanger is *very* proud of their new coil heads. They're double the cost of the old singles at the wholesale level. Which is why, even though I love the new Aero Mega, I'm still partial to my MPT2 with the Mini Aero base on it for those times when I don't have the time or am not in the mood to rebuild.

Looking forward to seeing the V2 at some point. Vape on all.

Not newer = better, better because it's better. Looks and design wise you don't see a lot of difference, surely we can't be talking about the same thing??? The mega looks and functions nothing like the original, from the airflow control to the aesthetics and the coils, they are completely different.

I guess better is subjective depending on who you ask, as is how different it is. Some will argue the samsung S5 is just tweaked S4, others will say they are worlds apart and hugely different. but in my opinion as someone who's also used both tanks for a long time, there's no comparison between the two.

The coils are slightly more expensive then the old ones, but they are better so i didn't expect otherwise to be honest

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana

Kanger has .8, 1, & 1.2 ohm coils now too.. http://www.vaporbeast.com/kanger-pr...-mini-protank-3-replacement-heads-5-pack.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread