Kanger Aerotank Mini base compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjosephsimmons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
City of Angels
Can anyone tell me if the new Kanger Aerotank Mini has a base that is compatible with the Mini Protank 2, just like the original Aerotank base is compatible with the regular Protank 2? I absolutely love the Aerotank base on my Protank 2's, but I think the Aerotank and Aerotank Mini probably burns through juice fast because it is a dual coil (right?), and with a single coil like my PT2's, I get great performance that lasts a while (also, I don't want to have to buy different coils, as I already have a box of 50 single coils that should last me a long time).

wjosephsimmons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
City of Angels
Could you use your single coils in your Aerotank Mini? Often adding an additional chimney grommet is all that is needed to do the trick in the other dual coil (Aerotank1, PT3, PT3 Mini, et al.).

I have heard and read on YT that the single coils will fit, though I don't have an Aerotank myself. I am speculating whether Kanger will make the base available separately as they did with the Aerotank base aka "airflow control valve", and if so, would it fit the PT Mini (of which I have two). The original Aerotank base does in fact fit the PT Mini, but it looks funky as its diameter is way too wide.

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Last edited:

wjosephsimmons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
City of Angels
Check out this thread w/pics ->

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/559153-pics-pt2-pt3-minis-w-air-valves.html

An Ego Ring (22mm ?) helps to alleviate the oddness of the mini tank w/aerotank base look

Nice pics. It doesn't look as bad as I thought. The "beauty ring" helps. Have you seen the new style of airflow control valve on the Aerotank Mini? It's totally redesigned. I've read it feels tighter to turn, too, presumably to avoid it slipping out of position. I'm so used to the Aerotank base now, however, that it doesn't bother me at all. It did take a little to get used to when removing the atomizer off the battery; unless you're careful, the valve might over-tighten because the counterclockwise turn is in the same direction as the threading, and then require a pair of pliers to hold it when you loosen it (also running under hot water helps). Thanks for the link.

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Nice pics. It doesn't look as bad as I thought. The "beauty ring" helps. Have you seen the new style of airflow control valve on the Aerotank Mini? It's totally redesigned. I've read it feels tighter to turn, too, presumably to avoid it slipping out of position. I'm so used to the Aerotank base now, however, that it doesn't bother me at all. It did take a little to get used to when removing the atomizer off the battery; unless you're careful, the valve might over-tighten because the counterclockwise turn is in the same direction as the threading, and then require a pair of pliers to hold it when you loosen it (also running under hot water helps). Thanks for the link.

FYI: The beauty ring should be 19mm NOT 22mm!.

Saw those pics and ordered an airflow control/beauty ring combo to
try out (Still waiting for the turtle from China to deliver it along with
the rest of my order).

The "beauty ring" smooths out the visual edges, so to speak.

I've seen pics of the upcoming Aerotank V2, which has a much sleeker
looking base, however it may also look odd on a mini due to it's width.

Last edited:

wjosephsimmons

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
City of Angels
I've seen pics of the upcoming Aerotank V2, which has a much sleeker
looking base, however it may also look odd on a mini due to it's width.

I'm speaking of the new Aerotank Mini. The new Aerotank V2 has the metal outer sleeve that encases the Pyrex tank; apparently its' use is optional. The Aerotank Mini has the same thing, and also with the sleeker looking base, only it's slimmer, like a PT Mini. If it is the exact same width, though, it may be compatible with the PT Mini (hence my original question).

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
I'm speaking of the new Aerotank Mini.

My apologies. Had a brain fart. Was struggling on a few hours sleep. :closedeyes:

Wasn't able to concentrate properly when I initially read your post and
thought you were referring to the Aerotank base, which you already knew
is compatible with the mini's. I'm sure someone in possession of or soon
to be in possession of an Aerotank Mini will experiment and post the results
soon.

Based on the price of the Aerotank Mini, I have a feeling the new style base
won't be going for a steal @ $4 (Aerotank Base) if offered separately.

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread