AFSv3 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psyc

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Figured I should bump this instead of creating another new thread for the same issue.

I'm getting the same problem as the OP with my v3. The collection tank itself will have very little juice in it (I can see the bottom) but I'll always get a large amount of juice along the rim of the CT where the air intake holes are. Wiping this out temporarily alleviates the issue but the juice will eventually collect again.

So far I've been mitigating this by vaping with the holes pointed up, since trying with them pointed down invariably leads to the collected juice flooding out of the holes. It also requires that the control ring be opened all the way to avoid flooding the atty. The juice tank doesn't visibly leak (unless it's an extremely slow leak) on it's own and i only notice the collection around the air holes after vaping.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is tightening the atomizer all the way down to the 510 connector. The collar that covers the air intake holes on the atomizer has sections cut away for the holes, but when screwed down all the way they don't align with the intake holes and block about 75% of the holes. I suspect that would seriously affect the juice feeding to the atty, so I don't quite screw it down all the way.

Is this just an issue with the atty? Would unscrewing the center pin fix this?

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The problem is the ridge inside of the CT isn't beveled and it collects a little juice that it is supposed to be containing in the CT, JMHO.
I back off the bottom pin, snug the atty up,back off the atty to line up the air slots, snug up the bottom pin.
I modified the atty flow adjustment ring with 4 slots so that I can tighten it to the bottom of the atty and keep it tight and still have juice flow. This mod keeps the atty from having to be reset, it keeps it tight for many days.
Figured I should bump this instead of creating another new thread for the same issue.

I'm getting the same problem as the OP with my v3. The collection tank itself will have very little juice in it (I can see the bottom) but I'll always get a large amount of juice along the rim of the CT where the air intake holes are. Wiping this out temporarily alleviates the issue but the juice will eventually collect again.

So far I've been mitigating this by vaping with the holes pointed up, since trying with them pointed down invariably leads to the collected juice flooding out of the holes. It also requires that the control ring be opened all the way to avoid flooding the atty. The juice tank doesn't visibly leak (unless it's an extremely slow leak) on it's own and i only notice the collection around the air holes after vaping.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is tightening the atomizer all the way down to the 510 connector. The collar that covers the air intake holes on the atomizer has sections cut away for the holes, but when screwed down all the way they don't align with the intake holes and block about 75% of the holes. I suspect that would seriously affect the juice feeding to the atty, so I don't quite screw it down all the way.

Is this just an issue with the atty? Would unscrewing the center pin fix this?

:)

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
Industrial, the ridge doesnt catch liquid. The liquid goes all of it inside tank because the center pole of the connector is 4 mm lower than ridge inside the tank. The reason that leakage happens is because CT has liquid inside and you have to empty it.

I used a pipette to take out the liquid in the tank and there was only 1ml in it. I think it happens because I'm holding my PV close to horizontal when I vape. If I was holding it vertically, it probably wouldn't be an issue.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
If it helps anyone who's having problems with it leaking out the control ring....here's what I did to fix the issue. Both the gasket at the top of the atty and the positive post (the one that touches the threaded knob to provide contact) needed adjusting. The atty was tilted a bit so I got it centered and made sure the gasket was in the correct position and moved the threaded knob a half turn up to make solid contact with the center post. Problem went away immediately and I leave the CR open. Not a single drop has leaked since I took those steps.

If I have a precision device and it suddenly has problems, the first thing I look for is what I've done wrong. Chances are good it's operator error....it was in my case

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I used a pipette to take out the liquid in the tank and there was only 1ml in it. I think it happens because I'm holding my PV close to horizontal when I vape. If I was holding it vertically, it probably wouldn't be an issue.

It doesnt matter if you use GG in horizontal position if CT has small amount of liquid Industrial my friend. But if it has more liquid than what it can hold then liquid goes on the ridge of course. Som please try to empty it a little more often:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread