After Steeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

S[A]E

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
Seattle, WA
www.soundcloud.com
I keep my e-liquids in a cabinet that I also use for steeping, it's a cool dark place, but that is just where I keep my e-liquids even when I'm not trying to steep them. I was wondering where I should keep my e-liquid when it's not steeping? Is my cabinet fine, or should I keep it in a place with more light? Thanks!

-Scace

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I've always wondered if it was even okay to steep juice together uncapped in the same cabinet. I just get weird ideas that maybe flavors will some how mix. But I think I'm just over thinking things.

I don't think you are "over thinking" ; I've got all my open steeps in one box & there is a cherry in there that really smells high! I'ld really hate for that to get into my vanilla coffee :(

BdMoore85

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 26, 2013
    Norman, Oklahoma
    DON'T keep in the fridge, too cold can cause the juice to thicken up and will lose its flavor...you can keep unflavored juice or nic-only juice in the fridge but that's it. And when you leave the caps off its considered "oxidizing", not steeping. "Steeping" is just letting your flavors "meld" together if you will and just giving them time with a good shake a couple times a day to add oxygen bubbles and mix up the flavors so they can continue "steeping" if you will. Over time, and not too long either, the flavoring and nicotine falls to the bottom and needs to be mixed back up, that's why most people give it a shake or a swirl before they use the juice....let the rant begin! Lol (though I hope not)

Brokil

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 15, 2013
    Anonymus
    I keep all my juice in my storage/steeping area. Most of the time they only continue to get better anyway. Do not refrigerate anything flavored, it will just make things yuck and bleh (as others have said). I bring enough filled tanks to keep me good wherever I go.

I have had some juices that were great and got even better by letting them sit awaiting to be used up lol. Light, heat, and oxygen (I know I am missing soemthing) are the enemy for storage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread