AGA T Tank hole problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
WI
I recently purchased the aga t from discount vapors but there seems to be a big problem. The air hole is about 1/2 turn from the wick hole. Some people seem to have ones that only require an 1/8 of a turn to line them up while still sealing the tank but this one is way off. Not really sure what to do here. Although I have yet to build a wick or even use the tank most people say that it is imperative to line the air hole up to the wick to prevent bad or burnt taste and flavor.. What are my options here. It seems in Eric's video that his aga t air hole lined up fairly close where mine doesn't.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
I recently purchased the aga t from discount vapors but there seems to be a big problem. The air hole is about 1/2 turn from the wick hole. Some people seem to have ones that only require an 1/8 of a turn to line them up while still sealing the tank but this one is way off. Not really sure what to do here. Although I have yet to build a wick or even use the tank most people say that it is imperative to line the air hole up to the wick to prevent bad or burnt taste and flavor.. What are my options here. It seems in Eric's video that his aga t air hole lined up fairly close where mine doesn't.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

You can try to sand the cap down, as some people have. I just don't tighten it all the way. And it's also personal taste. Some people prefer the hole not be lined up with the wick as it gives more of a throat hit and taste the further it's from the wick. If you line up the hole with the wick, it's smoother with more vapor.

Sigaro

Nov 29, 2012
United States
I'm in the same boat. Looks like my cap hole is about a 1/2 turn short of the wick hole. Not sure sanding is an option on this last version before the AGA-T+ as the threads appear to be recessed beyond a lip for the o-ring.

I tried loosing the cap all the way backwards (can't go tighter) but it is too loose. I'll try to mess with different o-ring size next...

Omni3vil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut
I have an Aga T and the hole is no where close to any of the optional wick holes. I do love how the tank hits but I just couldn't shake that feeling that I was missing out on the full capabilities of this tank. After doing some research I bought a AGA S and love it!
1. The smaller design allows me to switch flavors through the day with little to no effort.
2. It has a snap o-ring design, so the air hole will always align with the wick. This also allows me to change how I want to vape on the go. Turning the home away from the wick to my taste.
3. If you are new to the rebuildable scene. It is very easy to wick. I have he no hotspots or error codes on my VW device after initial setup.

The only negative I have had was it had a pretty tight draw. But that was nothing a Little drilling couldn't fix.

Omni3vil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut
Omni the new not yet released but Eric has on order AGA-T2 fixed that airhole alignment problem as the cap is a push on like the newer released AGA-S that you have unlike the older threaded on AGA-S cap.
There learning little by little back East.

Dieseler,
That's great to know. I hope they use a tighter o-ring design than the current AGA-S, as the top cap is pretty sloppy, but i deal with it because it does provide a great vape. Maybe i should just buy new o-rings. Now if only it was easier to find Pyrex tanks for the T. Know any places?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread