Status
Not open for further replies.

bwoodroof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cookeville, TN
www.facebook.com
The AGA-T are now discontinued, it will be replaced with a new version ,the AGA-T+. They will be available for order in the earlier of January 2013 from the manufacturer.

[FONT=宋]They have 4 upgrades compared to the old version :[/FONT]
1. No threads on the caps, so the user can adjust the air hole at the same line of wick easily.
2. All the metal parts are stainless, including center tube, positive post, negative post and screws.
3. No the knurling on the body.
4. The wick hole is closer to the positive post, so the user can reduce the hot spot.

The left one is the AGA-T+ , and the right one is the old version AGA-T.

CatchAC83.jpg

Last edited:

foggdawg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
SF Bay Area
Looks good. I've de knurled 3 of my AGA-Ts, and like them much better.

I've been hearing about this de knurling process. How does one go about performing such a task? What do I need, and how would I go about doing it? These ata-t's are great, I lov'em. But I would sure like to add some smoothness to these wonderful rba's. Comments are appreciated.:)

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
IMG_0213.jpg
I've been hearing about this de knurling process. How does one go about performing such a task? What do I need, and how would I go about doing it? These ata-t's are great, I lov'em. But I would sure like to add some smoothness to these wonderful rba's. Comments are appreciated.:)

I had to kinda "caveman" mine, with what I had around. But they turned out well. First, I took them completely apart. Then, I noticed that I could grab the center tube in a 3/8" drill chuck. i did each end separately, by screwing the top or bottom piece on the center tube. Then, while holding the drill trigger on, I first used a side grinder to get the knurling off. Then finished it off with various "flapper wheels" on a die grinder. 60 grit first, then 120 grit, then a Scotch Brite pad. When I did the top piece, I screwed the cap on, and did both the cap and the knurling on the top section at the same time, so that they would end up being the same diameter.

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA

HERE's an entire thread on it..

And the 2 I've done in about 20-30m each...

164572d1356812131-de-knurled-polished-aga-t-img_20121229_150755_184.jpg

Last edited:

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA

TeecaVap

Moved On
Nov 5, 2012
United States