Ahlusion E-juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
Score. I do like how easy to fill this is once you have it working to your liking. How long do cotton wicks tend to last before needing to be changed?

It depends on the juice. GLV Deadly Sin I can go 50mls between dry burn and wick change, Ahlusion Cherry House Blend 2 tanks tops.

Akdare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
DFW, Texas
Score. I do like how easy to fill this is once you have it working to your liking. How long do cotton wicks tend to last before needing to be changed?

Yes, what the others said...it's more the coil that needs to be dry burned...I dry burn and rewick every other tank. The coils themselves will last a long time. The one I'm using now has been there for 6 weeks.

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
I'm not terribly worried that it's *unsafe* to vape, I just can't imagine it's going to wick properly in it's slightly coagulated looking state. We are going through a heat wave today (made it all the way up to 30!) but the rest of the week was sub zero temps. Of course now, it's getting ready to snow.

I need spring. That was a 30 mL bottle too. I suppose I could try to contact Ahlusion but it's not by any means their fault and I wouldn't really expect them to make it right. Serious bummer because it smells fab. Warm water bath did not help. Thanks for the replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I'm not terribly worried that it's *unsafe* to vape, I just can't imagine it's going to wick properly in it's slightly coagulated looking state. We are going through a heat wave today (made it all the way up to 30!) but the rest of the week was sub zero temps. Of course now, it's getting ready to snow.

I need spring. That was a 30 mL bottle too. I suppose I could try to contact Ahlusion but it's not by any means their fault and I wouldn't really expect them to make it right. Serious bummer because it smells fab. Warm water bath did not help. Thanks for the replies.

Pictures, please. And then send them to Ahlusion. Did you open it yet?? Hopefully not, but it shouldn't be a problem if you did; but if you didn't, don't.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Television has been anti-smoking now for years. You pretty much can not show someone smoking. Looks like that cable network has classed ecigs in the same way.

Your post made me think about a tv show I was watching today.

It was restaurant impossible and the woman owner had an ego in her hand the ENTIRE show but NOT ONCE did they show her vaping it....I dont get it?

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
Rounding out the week I managed to demolish the XPress - 30 ML Maple Wild Wood, quickly reverted to Vanilla Wild Wood and liked this better in this go around.

Then I switched Tanks today to go back to the Caramel Pear Black Tea similar to last Saturday. This one is also becoming a favorite and surprising to me since I focused on Tobacco only previously.

Ahlusion Wish List is growing.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I find the Caramel Pear Black Tea to be a refreshing change from the tobaccos, but it still has the substance of a tobacco to me. I think I like it better than a tobacco on more and more days. I tend to find the fruits and desserts flavorful but not satisfying for the long haul. The coffees are another that I can not vape all day.

Rounding out the week I managed to demolish the XPress - 30 ML Maple Wild Wood, quickly reverted to Vanilla Wild Wood and liked this better in this go around.

Then I switched Tanks today to go back to the Caramel Pear Black Tea similar to last Saturday. This one is also becoming a favorite and surprising to me since I focused on Tobacco only previously.

Ahlusion Wish List is growing.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com

Sounds like you need cavitation + heat = A UC (Ultrasonic Cleaner) Natch, I've never fixed a juice like yours but it would certainly make for an interesting experiment. Sorry this happened.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
I find the Caramel Pear Black Tea to be a refreshing change from the tobaccos, but it still has the substance of a tobacco to me. I think I like it better than a tobacco on more and more days.

It is a refreshing change and I would like to add, it provides for me, the Hit and Lingering Taste that I crave in my mouth after Vaping as some of the Tobacco's provide.

I will definitely be Ordering a Large Bottle of this one in the near future.

Last edited:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I have several 60ml bottles of CPBT at different ages and a couple of different nic levels. The juice does change with time and I find I enjoy it the most when dripping it. For me its sweet spot is around the 2 to 4 month age. It is good before and after that time, but there is where we most connect.

It is a refreshing change and I would like to add, it provides for me, the Hit and Lingering Taste that I crave in my mouth after Vaping as some of the Tobacco's provide.

I will definitely be Ordering a Large Bottle of this one in the near future.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Sounds like you need cavitation + heat = A UC (Ultrasonic Cleaner) Natch, I've never fixed a juice like yours but it would certainly make for an interesting experiment. Sorry this happened.

Smart post. There are a few of us that quick steep in our uc's. If I'm not mistaken Akdare does the same.
It does not replace old fashioned steeping but sure has its place.

On another note, as I love simple tobaccos, Vurley, DD and others, I just can't get enough of the lemon cream and lime cream. Just ordered another 60ml and bottles for friends. It is fantastic....then the Lennon tea with ginger...wow, love it in the Spheroid's.

The snozberries taste like snozberries, great stupid movie :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Smart post. There are a few of us that quick steep in our uc's. If I'm not mistaken Akdare does the same.

On another note, as I love simple tobaccos, Vurley, DD and others, I just can't get enough of the lemon cream and lime cream. Just ordered another 60ml and bottles for friends. It is fantastic....then the Lennon tea with ginger...wow, love it in the Spheroid's.

The snozberries taste like snozberries, great stupid movie :)

I've written about it a couple times, but after I tried 5P Gambit I immediately heralded it, in a thread I started, as the best dessert liquid I had ever tired. It was a very short time thereafter that I tried Lemon Cream--I stopped posting in the 5P thread. LOL

Last edited:

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
I've written about it a couple times, but after I tried 5P Gambit I immediately heralded in a thread I started as the best dessert liquid I had ever tired. It was a very short time thereafter that I tried Lemon Cream--I stopped posting in the 5P thread. LOL
Funny, Gambit is the only 5P I truly enjoyed. It is a well constricted dessert juice with a smooth taste of just the right mix of flavors. It was just prior to my relaunch into Ahlusion.

As RPad and I have talked, there is a point for me in a juice flavor that I don't want to guess flavorings.
I envy the multi tasking taste bud vapers that enjoy Bobas Bounty, Pluid, kitchen sink mixtures, etc..
I went through the diy stage. Anyone can throw flavors around but, few know the craft well.
I figured I have more money than time so, no more diy for me.
The 5P line up is to much flavor to pin down for me. They are great people, I will revisit when there is a "simple line" for idiots :). I am, like the majority of this thread, a juice snob, period. I won't vape cheap or run of the mill juice.

Anyway, point is, Ahlusion seems to have the craft of mixing flavors down pat.
Admittedly there are juices I will pif but, the rest of the greatness makes up for my dislikes. Not to mention I enjoy supporting great people.
Like yourself, I will be a customer until I tip.

Last edited:

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
I have several 60ml bottles of CPBT at different ages and a couple of different nic levels. The juice does change with time and I find I enjoy it the most when dripping it. For me its sweet spot is around the 2 to 4 month age. It is good before and after that time, but there is where we most connect.

ShariR, with that said could you help educate me. I am shifting to 9 MG in about 1 Month so I need to order 12 MG and 6 MG to mix. I will also buy 6 MG and maybe 0 MG to add to my future collection when I shift to 6 MG.

With this flavor I am using 12 MG presently.

Is the Throat Hit the same with this flavor as the Nic Level goes down?

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest

Has anyone asked Wlad if he thinks using an ultrasonic cleaner to fast-steep juice is a good idea? I've never used mine to steep juice because I wondered if the heat would affect Wlad's magical flavor balances. I know with cooking that heat affects different flavors in different ways.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
Thanks again for the tips on Kayfun use. I built another coil today, this time with 28 awg wire. I wound this one fewer times too and am at 1.5 ohms. I also used a little less wicking as advised. This improved vapor production to match a fresh PT1 coil. I'm gradually taking to this thing.

These days all I use for coils is either 28g or 30g. 32 works good for things like protanks, vivi's etc. But for RBA's, the smaller gauge is much easier to work with.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area

My coil usually gets gunked and needs a dry burn before the cotton gets bad. The stuff I vape usually needs a dry burn after a tank or two, so I switch cotton then. If you don't need to dry burn, you could get weeks out of the wick.

As Jerms said, It depends on the liquid. As with other JDS, darker liquids will gunk it up faster. I usually go with the same wick/coil until I change flavors - can go 30-60ml. Then I dry burn and if the coil does not clean up well (e.g., lots of black built up on it) I change the coil. Otherwise I just put in a new wick and off I go. If you think the flavor is off, that is another indicator the coil needs to be changed.

Last edited:

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Has anyone asked Wlad if he thinks using an ultrasonic cleaner to fast-steep juice is a good idea? I've never used mine to steep juice because I wondered if the heat would affect Wlad's magical flavor balances. I know with cooking that heat affects different flavors in different ways.

Good question. Big picture thoughts: Wlad's juice from a geeky component perspective is no different than anyones elses. Including the DIY Window cleaner I sometimes create /lol It's PV/VG + Nic + flavoring/extract's. In this respect, for those of us who don't like green juice or can't wait weeks then an UC is a valuable tool. Certainly "heat" must be controlled but that's easy to do.

All juice goes in glass to maximize cavitation and prevent leaching
Water temp should not exceed 122/123 F
Cavitation maintains the water temp amd in some cases raises the water temp. I rarely use my heater. Just fill with hot water
Watch the temp. Use ice cubes or empty and refill the tank again
Caps ON. NEVER EVER OFF unless you want to burn off the flavor which also explains why Wlad recommends cap off if necessary for only a few minutes
4 to 6 hours in the UC. Let the juice cool and reach room temp when you finish

Flamingoes have never flown around my house /LOL however a few of Wlad's juices have "turned" slightly even after the UC. Bannas Foster slightly and yummy after about 8 weeks and a small number of others. I sample new orders before the UC to ballpark the changes from the UC.

This thread is the mother ship for UC questions and was recently joined by a scientist/chemist with some very very very technical posts:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ing-times-ultrasonic-cleaner-part-iii-26.html

HTH

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread