Ahlusion E-juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Thanks again for the tips on kayfun use. I built another coil today, this time with 28 awg wire. I wound this one fewer times too and am at 1.5 ohms. I also used a little less wicking as advised. This improved vapor production to match a fresh PT1 coil. I'm gradually taking to this thing.

Damn.

I mean, cool, happy for you lol.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I think the fact we both went to the same celebrity shows there isn't much of a pool in that area. And she's hot (for a blonde).

There are a lot of celebrity vapers, but few of them use anything more advanced than a basic e-cig or eGo. Katy Perry, Johnny Depp, the vampire kid from Twilight, etc. I see more and more of them doing at LA parties. It's a good thing.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
You and Katherine Heigl rock ProVaris. :p. LOL
Good for her, bad for me. Time for me to move on. :laugh: J/K

A lot of them probably are oblivious to advanced digital mods and mechanical mods because those companies are really small and many of them don't know how to market. Look at the mainstream coverage of CES 2014, for example. Vuse Vapor (owned by RJ Reynolds) got more attention than any vaping product at the show. Most of us would find Vuse...unsatisfying.

That's kinda my point though. A big ecig company is like, well, a big company. The smaller company with advanced, high quality, artistically next-level products need not market to find their crowd--they're boutique vendors; people with caviar tastes find the caviar. I just find it weird that these people with all the access in the world seem to be so out-of-the loop. Granted I am generalizing and I don't know what is being vaped by whom, but it appears as if more of the people that seem like they would know about the real hip stuff are still being drawn by bammer vape gear.

I don't think this phenomenon will stay that way for long though, or even if my positing is correct, it's just something I was thinking about. Man, could you imagine having your own assistant wrapping coils for you? :lol: "Damnit! I said .4, not .8 ohms!"

Akdare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
DFW, Texas
Thanks again for the tips on Kayfun use. I built another coil today, this time with 28 awg wire. I wound this one fewer times too and am at 1.5 ohms. I also used a little less wicking as advised. This improved vapor production to match a fresh PT1 coil. I'm gradually taking to this thing.

Glad it's better...just remember, everyone's sweet spot is a little different...just tweak one variable at a time, and you should find your groove. We're all in this together, and happy to help in whatever way we can.

Chrisnotes86

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2013
Ohio
There are a lot of celebrity vapers, but few of them use anything more advanced than a basic e-cig or eGo. Katy Perry, Johnny Depp, the vampire kid from Twilight, etc. I see more and more of them doing at LA parties. It's a good thing.

Your post made me think about a tv show I was watching today.

It was restaurant impossible and the woman owner had an ego in her hand the ENTIRE show but NOT ONCE did they show her vaping it....I dont get it?

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Explain. : ) Too few ohms? What?

I said damn because if you ended up not liking it I was going to try to score it lol, and it looks like you're figuring it out.

That's how I got my authentic KFL for $30, the guy just couldn't get it to work for him. I did have to talk him out of using it for target practice with a high powered gun first though lol.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I said damn because if you ended up not liking it I was going to try to score it lol, and it looks like you're figuring it out.

That's how I got my authentic KFL for $30, the guy just couldn't get it to work for him. I did have to talk him out of using it for target practice with a high powered gun first though lol.

You got what for what? Damn! <--------- :laugh:

GameDesigner

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2013
Austin, TX

Score. I do like how easy to fill this is once you have it working to your liking. How long do cotton wicks tend to last before needing to be changed?

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Casper Wy
Well this bites.

My Sasparilla is still not clear this morning. It's thick, cloudy and...lumpy? I think the cold did a number on it. I am going to put it in a warm water bath and shake the heck out of it and see if it helps. Shaking alone has not done the trick.

If anyone else has had this happen/heard about this and has advice it would be appreciated.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Forgive me if I don't feel bad about the missing section. LOL. What a deal!

It's funny because that was only $4 more than the clone I ordered from FT at the time. When the deal went throught I cancelled that order right away.

After having the device, I really think it's worth the $100 price tag. The engineering is brilliant, and any flaw in design would ruin it's perfection. I think I want the Russion 91% next though, even though it's a clone it's reportedly even better than the original (and a little bit cheaper, but not much).

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Score. I do like how easy to fill this is once you have it working to your liking. How long do cotton wicks tend to last before needing to be changed?

My coil usually gets gunked and needs a dry burn before the cotton gets bad. The stuff I vape usually needs a dry burn after a tank or two, so I switch cotton then. If you don't need to dry burn, you could get weeks out of the wick.

Well this bites.

My Sasparilla is still not clear this morning. It's thick, cloudy and...lumpy? I think the cold did a number on it. I am going to put it in a warm water bath and shake the heck out of it and see if it helps. Shaking alone has not done the trick.

If anyone else has had this happen/heard about this and has advice it would be appreciated.

I'd throw it out, seriously. Take a picture, email Ahl, and don't vape it.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
That's kinda my point though. A big ecig company is like, well, a big company. The smaller company with advanced, high quality, artistically next-level products need not market to find their crowd--they're boutique vendors; people with caviar tastes find the caviar. I just find it weird that these people with all the access in the world seem to be so out-of-the loop. Granted I am generalizing and I don't know what is being vaped by whom, but it appears as if more of the people that seem like they would know about the real hip stuff are still being drawn by bammer vape gear.

I don't think this phenomenon will stay that way for long though, or even if my positing is correct, it's just something I was thinking about. Man, could you imagine having your own assistant wrapping coils for you? :lol: "Damnit! I said .4, not .8 ohms!"

I think the issue is less complicated. Advanced products are simply too big. Stuff like Blu, Njoy, etc. look and feel familiar. Products that provide a much more satisfying experience are larger, more complex, and foreign. The stuff that I enjoy using -- mechanicals, atomizers like the Kayfun and Aqua -- aren't mainstream products. They're just too big and complicated compared to lighting up a small cigarette; most people don't care to get that into it.

Eventually, smaller products will have more power. Janty's MiD One has a fantastic chip, but it's hampered by horrible UI. The DNA series is getting pretty awesome. Small battery tech is there, but the prices are too expensive. In the future, I expect a satisfying vape from a relatively small product. Hopefully it's packed with an Ahlusion concentrate. :)

bustamelon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2013
CT, USA
Here's an off topic question but I know several of you know the answer:

How do you know when it's time to trash a bridgeless dripping atomizer?
I've had this one for probably 2-3 months, it goes through maybe 10-15 sessions a week, at 5 or 6 drops per session. It's now totally funky. But the vapor is not lacking. I think it's just really dirty, and has remnants of about 30 different flavors in it. :D I gave it a bath in grain alcohol one night, and that helped but it got funky again pretty fast. Is it a goner? Or do I just need to run some unflavored juice through it?

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Well this bites.

....I'd throw it out, seriously. Take a picture, email Ahl, and don't vape it.

Since the freezing point of VG and PG would be considerably lower than the flavoring concentrate it doesn't seem to me that it would be at all surprising that the the flavoring would separate out from the VG and PG when thawed after juice was frozen. However, it might be spitty to vape unless one can get the flavoring back in suspension.

Freezing can affect some flavors but I wouldn't think there would be anything unsafe about the juice. However, it would probably be a good idea to check with Ahlusion before vaping juice that has come out of suspension.

I've been putting off ordering until the temps here return to something halfway sane so my juice will at least have a fighting chance of not being frozen during shipping. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread