Ahoy from Ottawa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

politbureau

Sep 24, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Hey Ecig fam :toast:

Been lurking for ages, figured I'd finally join up and contribute :)

Been vaping since the early days, and my have things come a long way since... I'm currently into mechs, but have built my own dna box mods, own over a dozen regulated mods and 20+ mechs. I'm an electrical engineer by trade, and big into voltage testing and fine tuning - forever chasing the 'ultimate' mod... :facepalm:

A few of my favourite things right now:

Darth Vaper
- Provari 2.5 Dragon
- Orbtronic PD2900 18650
- TrevVapor Cingulum Compleo in Polished Brass
- Polished Russian 91%
- 2.4 Ω Vertical Coil
- Mojo Nucleus Drip Tip

Flavour Saviour
- Infinite Stingray X
- FDV Magnet Upgrade Kit
- Sony VCT5 18650
- Hybrid Ring
- Infinite Magma v2 Copper Ring
- 0.5 Ω Braided Micro Coil + 3mm Ekowool
- 2puffs Flow SSTL/Copper

Fog Machine
- Infinite Stingray Red Copper v1
- FDV Ultimate Magnet Upgrade Kit
- Sony VCT5 18650
- Hybrid Ring
- Hcigar Tobh v2 Copper, Polished, Drilled Air holes & FDV Upgrade kit
- 0.4 Ω Dual Micro Coils + Cotton
- 2puffs Copper Hybrid Knurl Clear

Lazy Susan
- Infinite Stingray X
- FDV Magnet Upgrade Kit
- AW IMR 18490
- Evolv Kick 2
- Hybrid Ring (Ground to 3mm)
- Aerotank Mega (510 Connector ground to 3mm)
- 2.0 Ω Updated BDT Coil
-
VapeLyfe SSTL

Cheers!

Last edited:

politbureau

Sep 24, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Thanks everyone!

Welcome! You have some nice PV's. I think I'd like your Flavor Savior myself. With your background you should try building your ultimate mod yourself. I'd start with a bottom feeding design and a DNA chip of some sort.

Yah the FS really kicks out the flavour - I went through about 12 drippers with dozens of coil combinations on each before I settled on this setup for flavour. It doesn't blow massive clouds, but when I really want to settle in for a tasty session (particularly at home on the couch next to my wife), it's the perfect companion. The Magma really is superb. I wasn't really sold on the hype for it, but after trying it out, I was a believer. Sadly it took me over a dozen tries and a few $$ to get here.

I did build my own DNA mod, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for - mostly because of the limitations of the chipset - and because frankly I dislike box mods. If I'm on the go, I rarely vape above 15w, and prefer a tank, so the Provari and 'Lazy Susan' get a lot of use, because they're regulated, so taste is consistent and battery life is great. I also have a v3 Flip clone with a Kick2 and the new Joyetech Delta 23 I'm trying out - so far so good! Thought the thing is huge and weighs a ton :p

As you might have noticed :laugh: the Stingray X is my all around favourite mod. It's about as small as it can be, the switch is superb (after upgrades), and you get the easy to live with (no fingerprint) stainless finish, plus the performance of copper, and the flexibility of multiple tube sections. About my only foible is that the lock is fiddly - I much prefer the one on the Flip (and others). That said, I'm currently vaping some Halo Beligum Chocolate from an unregulated Stingray X with an Aerotank Mega and 1.2 Ω coil, and I'm quite happy. These new coils in the Aerotanks are pretty decent. Now if only they'd make a shorter version of the Mega, switch to vertical coils, and then....

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread