Air control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Ok guys. So I have had my new SSGGTS for a bit now. Having a lot of fun with it. I feel bad cuz I have asked a huge amount of nooby questions but you guys are so helpful and I thank you in advance. Does anybody think the draw on this beast it a bit too tight? Even with the air control all the way open it feels like my vapes are a bit weak. I have tried it with simply a 510 atty and a few adaptors with the Ody. I take my Ody off the GGTS and it blasts away on my other mods. Dunno. Maybe I just need to get used to it?

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Ok guys. So I have had my new SSGGTS for a bit now. Having a lot of fun with it. I feel bad cuz I have asked a huge amount of nooby questions but you guys are so helpful and I thank you in advance. Does anybody think the draw on this beast it a bit too tight? Even with the air control all the way open it feels like my vapes are a bit weak. I have tried it with simply a 510 atty and a few adaptors with the Ody. I take my Ody off the GGTS and it blasts away on my other mods. Dunno. Maybe I just need to get used to it?

Yo Spring. I had a minor minor issue with that.
Hence past, what i notice was since I dont have the GGTS base for Odysseus and Imeo hasn't made one for Penelope for ggts. I use two adapters which i got from cov 510-901 and 901-510. What I notice was they both have two holes in center which is good for the air control on ggts. I did notice that after maybe a few hours of usage the draw changes and its because moisture goes in those holes and ends up blocking the air flow. To fix it what i do is unscrew Penelope or Odysseus then I unscrew the two adapters but leaving the two adapters connected to each other. Next I put the adapter from the battery connector side in my mouth around my lips and blow out. then dry it out any excessive moisture and re insert it to my battery connector then I put the cap on GGTS then Pen or Ody and make sure air flow is open on ggts. To test it take a slow strong pull then push some of that smoke back to Penelope or ody just to see if the smoke comes out of air control whole. Its east to see smoke if you see smoke coming out of the air control hole then you can rest easy and adjust your air control at well knowing its working. At times when i feel its not working i just blow smoke back into pen or ody just to see if smoke comes out. Also from swapping pens and ody carto i remove the adapter and repeat the process.

hope that helps buddy.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
So you're not getting good air flow with a carto/atty when used in the collector tank?

The air opening is a different design this time...maybe it needs more. It shouldn't be too difficult to bore out a bigger opening if that's what it needs. I haven't tried mine yet. Going to make a new coil for my Ody and put on the TS base and give it a try tonight. Will let you know my thoughts.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Yo Spring. I had a minor minor issue with that.
Hence past, what i notice was since I dont have the GGTS base for Odysseus and Imeo hasn't made one for Penelope for ggts. I use two adapters which i got from cov 510-901 and 901-510. What I notice was they both have two holes in center which is good for the air control on ggts. I did notice that after maybe a few hours of usage the draw changes and its because moisture goes in those holes and ends up blocking the air flow. To fix it what i do is unscrew Penelope or Odysseus then I unscrew the two adapters but leaving the two adapters connected to each other. Next I put the adapter from the battery connector side in my mouth around my lips and blow out. then dry it out any excessive moisture and re insert it to my battery connector then I put the cap on GGTS then Pen or Ody and make sure air flow is open on ggts. To test it take a slow strong pull then push some of that smoke back to Penelope or ody just to see if the smoke comes out of air control whole. Its east to see smoke if you see smoke coming out of the air control hole then you can rest easy and adjust your air control at well knowing its working. At times when i feel its not working i just blow smoke back into pen or ody just to see if smoke comes out. Also from swapping pens and ody carto i remove the adapter and repeat the process.

hope that helps buddy.

What you're describing is flooding which I believe is easily remedied by blowing through the mouthpiece with the juice flow closed. I'm pretty sure the collector tank was meant to perform this function.

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Good looking out Bish. I'll see if it's condensation. I'll look at the areas and see if they are gunked up too. By 4 holes do you mean on the walls of the collector tank or where the atty connection is River? On the walls of the collector tank I only have one small hole that appears to be where all the outside air comes in. Maybe you are right saying I might have to bore it out a bit

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
@ Springfield

you will see in the video soon. In the mean time

GGTS manual
GGTS User Manual - E-Cigarette Wiki

In Diagram 2 remove the following item

Item 6 and 9 then look at item #8 which is the collection tank surfaced you may see it a little fogged if you just finished vaping or even moist. thats normal which is why Imeo wont make that part in Brass being it would be bad for health.

Now you can see the two adapters you screwed remove those two adapters and keeping them tight blow out and in and make sure its dry and gunk free. then tighten those adapters back real tight and screw back the rest of the parts. As you look at item number 9 you see it has a few holes in the diagram but that may be the previous GGTS model not sure because the one I just got from this order has one rectangle shape whole. that is the air control that gets sealed with item number 6 by screwing down the oring to decrease and increase airflow.

Now on earlier post when i said blow down on your pene or ody or carto it was just to see if you see smoke coming out of that rectangle whole. if you see smoke good if u don't then bad check your adapters again.

Another good way is use a boge a carto with no adapters and test the air control closed. you will not get any air or draw if your life depended on it. then when you slightly open air control you will get air flow and vape.

Last edited:

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Bish. Thank you sir. Great post. I get what you are sayig and all is well. When adapters are removed and a normal atty or carto is used and airflow is closed no air gets in. Same with the rethreader and one adaptor I am using with no top cap. When I open the ring to control the amount of airflow I get air but it just seems so minimal. Was hoping for the amount of air to be a bit more than it is. Maybe River is onto something for me when he said I may need to modify it a spot. I think I will wait for the Ody to GGTS base to make sure though. I am certain it will make a difference

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Bish. Thank you sir. Great post. I get what you are sayig and all is well. When adapters are removed and a normal atty or carto is used and airflow is closed no air gets in. Same with the rethreader and one adaptor I am using with no top cap. When I open the ring to control the amount of airflow I get air but it just seems so minimal. Was hoping for the amount of air to be a bit more than it is. Maybe River is onto something for me when he said I may need to modify it a spot. I think I will wait for the Ody to GGTS base to make sure though. I am certain it will make a difference

Oddy with GTS Base is the deal. No question you will get the same feeling as if your puffing a carto.

look at the bright side Preorder a UFS since it comes with the base and you can add a carto or a Atty in UFS and tank fills 5mil juice plus you get same bells and whistles like in pen and ody JUICE CONTROL wooooot

I myself dont have a Ody v2 gts base and have to make without do till someone frees up one or COV gets more in. I tell you if someone frees it up and hooks me up Ill reward on video thats for sure.

jslick_007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
What you're describing is flooding which I believe is easily remedied by blowing through the mouthpiece with the juice flow closed. I'm pretty sure the collector tank was meant to perform this function.

This doesn't work as well with adapters because the channels are too small in comparison to the GGTS/Ody Base....

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
That's weird because with the control ring all the way up, it exposes all of the air slot. Why would removing it give you more air flow?

I'm not getting enough draw through the Ody even before it's mounted now. Less than the Penelope. Like the pin hole diameter is smaller or something. I get great flavor and ok vapor, but the draw is still too tight for my tastes.

Need to do more experimenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread