Air control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanbaron

Verified Member
Jun 11, 2012
Kingston, Ontario
Bump.

I just received an ody base from a friend, and am finding the draw a bit tight as well. With the 510 base and adapters, I had smaller amount of air flow control adjustment, but it was much more airy, so when I tightened it down I could get it right.

I've just had the base for a few hours now and I have a head rush from sucking so hard on it!

souroull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
Cyprus
i find the ody with the regular 510 base a very tight draw aswell. even detached from the mod its still tight.

the only way air gets thru is from the negative post right? i noticed that the hole at the top of the center pole where the nut holds it down into the ceramic is slightly blocked from poor machining... could that be it?

or maybe the actual tunnel that leads to the center post is blocked somehow?

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
i find the ody with the regular 510 base a very tight draw aswell. even detached from the mod its still tight.

the only way air gets thru is from the negative post right? i noticed that the hole at the top of the center pole where the nut holds it down into the ceramic is slightly blocked from poor machining... could that be it?

or maybe the actual tunnel that leads to the center post is blocked somehow?

Any chance you can post a picture?

souroull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2012
Cyprus
too small to capture

just imagine the top of the center pole being rounded like if a drill bit inserted from the bottom side didnt go all the way thru to the top

its not a huge amount of blockage, the opposite, but its there nevertheless. i've opened it up now anyway, the material is soft so i twisted a small philips screwdriver from the top a few times and was enough to shave off the excess.

edit: it seems like the threading of the center nut could have also caused this during machining

Last edited:

springfieldarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2011
Albuquerque
I will say this. I scored my Ody base! Thank you Bishopheals! You are the man! I find that now there truly is air control. I love to play with it. Changing the juice control and the air control makes for some serious vaping gasms ;-). Imeo you rock! This GGTS+Ody+Ody base is my fav. The only PV's I think I am ever Gunna buy is the stuff you make. Pure genius my good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread