Air Flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kati

Aug 27, 2018
Wisconsin
Does ECF have some kind of award for the most ignorant member of this community? I fear I am a candidate.

Yesterday my question about wattage, today it's airflow. What is accomplished by adjusting the airflow? Having the airflow open completely yields? Partially closing the airflow yields? Having the airflow completely closed yields?

All the best,

Kati

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
Does ECF have some kind of award for the most ignorant member of this community? I fear I am a candidate.

Yesterday my question about wattage, today it's airflow. What is accomplished by adjusting the airflow? Having the airflow open completely yields? Partially closing the airflow yields? Having the airflow completely closed yields?

All the best,

Kati
Not a stupid question at all. If nobody ever asked questions then nobody would ever know anything.

Some people (like me) prefer a tighter airflow. I feel it improves flavour and keeps the sensation similar to that of smoking a cigarette. I’ve been vaping over 5 years now and still like to mimic that sensation.

Others prefer a more open draw. Best to just play about with it yourself and see what you like best. vaping is largely subjective and everybody has their own unique preferences.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
As you close down the airflow to gain flavor or tighter draw you may need to reduce wattage to avoid burnt coils. Higher wattage needs more airflow to cool the coil. It will also help if you continue to draw on the tank for a second or so after releasing the firing button, helps to cool the coil and reduces condensation.

Smoking was never this confusing was it? Just had to remember to light the right end.

Last edited:

Kati

Aug 27, 2018
Wisconsin
"Smoking was never this confusing was it? Just had to remember to light the right end." - sddennislee

I couldn't agree more. I've had to consult the manual twice in the last 24 hours. For some reason, likely something I did, the mod locked up. Secondly the puff counter maxed out and I had to discover how to reset it.

I do understand a bit more about airflow now. Thank you, one and all.

All the best,

Kati

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
"Smoking was never this confusing was it? Just had to remember to light the right end." - sddennislee
It wasn't, but then you couldn't customize it to get the exact experience that's just right for you either, and you can do exactly that with vaping.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
There's no such thing as a stupid question.:) stupid answers yes / stupid questions no

Wrong. There is such a thing as a stupid question. There are actually two types. The first one is the "unasked question", when you don't know something but are afraid to ask. The second one is the "already asked numerous times but keep hoping for a different answer" type. Trust me, my daughter asks the second type ALL the time (several times a day usually). At age 18 you would think she would have learned by now, but nope. What's worse is she will ask a question, she already knows the answer to, but then still gets mad when she gets the answer she knew she was going to get.

Of course the OP's question was neither of those , so it's all good. :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah, come to think I don't think I've ever heard of a use for it that wasn't just vaping OCD or something. It is a bad feature. It's just something to totally meaninglessly obsession which I have successfully avoided doing so far but it's not skill or talent or anything, whatever the antithesis of OCD is, I am it. I usually don't even pay that much attention to if I even HAVE one, let alone what it is reading.

I guess one could make a case for using it to rate the value of a used mod, much as a car has an odometer..... No, that's still DUMB.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah, come to think I don't think I've ever heard of a use for it that wasn't just vaping OCD or something. It is a bad feature. It's just something to totally meaninglessly obsession which I have successfully avoided doing so far but it's not skill or talent or anything, whatever the antithesis of OCD is, I am it. I usually don't even pay that much attention to if I even HAVE one, let alone what it is reading.

I guess one could make a case for using it to rate the value of a used mod, much as a car has an odometer..... No, that's still DUMB.

Anna
I dunno. I will go with often useless. There are some RDAs like the velocity that have a sufficiently flexible airflow that they can be used either MTL or DL though. Most of the time you’re right though.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
Wrong. There is such a thing as a stupid question. There are actually two types. The first one is the "unasked question", when you don't know something but are afraid to ask. The second one is the "already asked numerous times but keep hoping for a different answer" type. Trust me, my daughter asks the second type ALL the time (several times a day usually). At age 18 you would think she would have learned by now, but nope. What's worse is she will ask a question, she already knows the answer to, but then still gets mad when she gets the answer she knew she was going to get.

Of course the OP's question was neither of those , so it's all good. :)
That's funny but I got bad news for you. They're going to break your horns until they're at least 25. Sometimes more

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
Um I used to have a fair amount of trouble managing to light the right end, actually, especially in the early, I mean, drunk years.

I especially had a ton of distaste for those white filters, that is just ASKING for trouble if you ask me.

Anna

As usual, you are absolutely right, Anna. I hate those white filters. I don't even know why, but I hate them. If they turned all the brown filters to white, it would be the final straw that would make me completely quit smoking.

Although, in the "early years" I was fully capable of lighting brown filters just as frequently as white filters.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread