Status
Not open for further replies.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I'm going on a trip soon and was wondering if there is any tanks or clearo's that can withstand the pressure changes of an airplane without leaking. So far every bottom coil device has leaked when taken on an airplane.

Any suggestions from you frequent flyers?

Please keep responses limited to products that GotVapes sells as this is posted in the GotVapes forum

Last edited:

DocTonyNYC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico (and NYC)
Harplayr--I'm really surprised that you have had this problem. I fly quite a bit, and I've never had a tank leak due to pressure on a plane. I had one leak in a carry-on, but it was because it came apart (i.e., I didn't tighten it well, or it came undone from being moved around).

For what it's worth, I've had success with all of these--Protank2, Protank2 Mini, Aspire BDC mini. My new favorite tank (evidently I don't need a lot of bells and whistles to be happy) is the Kanger T3s--but I haven't flown with it yet.

If pressure is really a problem, I wonder if it would help to not fill a tank completely?

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Harplayr--I'm really surprised that you have had this problem. I fly quite a bit, and I've never had a tank leak due to pressure on a plane. I had one leak in a carry-on, but it was because it came apart (i.e., I didn't tighten it well, or it came undone from being moved around).

For what it's worth, I've had success with all of these--Protank2, Protank2 Mini, Aspire BDC mini. My new favorite tank (evidently I don't need a lot of bells and whistles to be happy) is the Kanger T3s--but I haven't flown with it yet.

If pressure is really a problem, I wonder if it would help to not fill a tank completely?
I primarily have flown with T3's, EVOD, Phoenix bc and Pro Tanks. All have had issues from the pressure in-flight both with baggage and as carry on.

I live in a rural area and these are small planes, so maybe the air pressure regulation is better on larger planes.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Bottom coils all work off of pressure... so I'm not certain they'd be the best direction although I had thought I remembered the Phoenix BC's were mentioned as being pretty good... I also suspect that was on larger commercial flights though. So, for the trip at least... you may want to consider going with a top coil instead.

Personally I quit carrying any juice in a carto, clearo etc with the exception of the one I was vaping at the time. Now I carry around a few 3ml bottles instead and just fill/refill as needed. Of course, if it is an extended trip you'd probably want larger bottles ( mine were just for the day at work etc ).

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
I have read stories here where tanks leak from the pressure during take off and landing. One member suggested during this time to open the clearomizer a bit.

I'm going to Mexico next month and plan on bringing a cheap clearomizer and an ego battery to vape in the bathroom at the airport ( will not vape on the plane ). Right before boarding I plan on throwing out the cheap cleaomizer.

Once the plane lands ( have to wait anyways for the plane to taxi and ppl in front of you to get off ) I plan on filling up my Aspire Nautilus to use on my Provari. Once I'm outside the airport I'll be ready to vape.

mandi0808

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Garland, Tx
I fly every week, and don't have any issues with mine. I use MT3's and Evods, but I make sure to keep them upside down in my purse. That allows for any expansion, without pushing the liquid out the bottom. I may have a few drips from the wick that leaks out the top, but I allow for that by keeping them all wrapped in a paper towel.
I fly twice a week, every week, and have not had an issue yet. The only problem I ever had was with a 5ml bottle of liquid that I did not tighten the lid on. Everything still smells like popcorn that was in the bag with it.

Magius

Aug 27, 2012
USA
I just flew from the US to Iceland and back a couple of weeks ago.
I took 10 filled Phoenix BC's in my carry-on, and had no leaks.
When I travel I cap the ends with 3/8" screw proctors, and I've never had one leak in transit.

008236714302sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread