Travel and Vaping Airport security and liquid in glass bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
First thing I would do is separate each item. Dont send it through assembled unless you feel like having your bag searched. If they still search your bag they will run a test on it and it will come back negative therefor they wont consider it a threat and you will be good to go. They may ask what it is but thats about all the questioning you will get. I say to dismantle it because I know a 901 looks really bad on an xray. I saw another ecig go through once but Im not sure what kind it was because I only saw the xray not the PV itself but it also looked bad. I can only imagine what a prodigy would look like. If you want to be very safe from a bag check you can run the prodigy by itself. Also the eliquid is perfectly fine in you 3-1-1 bag. 3.4 ounces equates to 100ml so you are well under with 10ml. With what you are bringing even if completely assembled inside a bag what you are bringing would not create a problem it would just slow down your trip through security. Like has been said earlier Ecigs are not illegal and have not been added to the prohib list so there are really no worries.

Thank you for the tips!! This is really useful.

MidnighToker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
NC
Believe it or not I still have to smoke one every morning and after a big ol meal
Don't feel bad. Same here.

REALLY glad to see this thread. Going to Disney in 3 weeks and my wife and mother have been bugging the **** outta me to check my e-cigs. I prolly will get checked because I plan on going fully loaded. 510, 801, 40-60ml and at least one mod. (still waiting on damned batteries, so dunno which one works best yet)

dcslyone

Mar 1, 2009
I took 2 RN4081 (SuperMini) and a 1oz bottle of liquid in my carry-on with no problems. As for vaping on the plane, I did but very discreetly and a I was sitting next to a friend.

I would urge everyone who chooses to vape on the plane to use some common sense and minimize your exposure:

Turn on the air vent and and direct your exhaled vapor towards the stream to minimize the cloud.

Hold the device by the lighted tip to minimize the Rudolph effect

and lastly....

Be pleasant and friendly to the passenger next to you. When they finally notice what you are doing, politely explain what it is and emphasize that there are no "second-hand smoke" or odor issues associated with using it.

Once you have explained the facts, offer to refrain from using it if it others the passenger. (They will likely not have an issue with it as long as you have developed the appropriate rapport with them.)

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
Don't feel bad. Same here.

REALLY glad to see this thread. Going to Disney in 3 weeks and my wife and mother have been bugging the **** outta me to check my e-cigs. I prolly will get checked because I plan on going fully loaded. 510, 801, 40-60ml and at least one mod. (still waiting on damned batteries, so dunno which one works best yet)

Coming to my neck of the woods are you? Ill be on the look out for another vaper haha.

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
... Be pleasant and friendly to the passenger next to you. When they finally notice what you are doing, politely explain what it is and emphasize that there are no "second-hand smoke" or odor issues associated with using it.

Once you have explained the facts, offer to refrain from using it if it others the passenger. (They will likely not have an issue with it as long as you have developed the appropriate rapport with them.)

That will now only work with passengers that have not heard about the latest FDA report on dangers of e-cigs that is being picked up by most TV stations almost as a public safety announcement.

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY

Myshkin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Breckenridge
www.rockymountainvapor.com
I recently went to mexico, and had no issues at all. I had a couple layovers as well so i went thru security a couple times each way.
I took a pcc and a whole ecig thru along with a 30ml bottle of juice. I put the juice in the plastic bag with my wifes other stuff.
I then put the ecig in my camera bag along with the pcc. It never caused even a second look.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I took 2 RN4081 (SuperMini) and a 1oz bottle of liquid in my carry-on with no problems. As for vaping on the plane, I did but very discreetly and a I was sitting next to a friend.

I would urge everyone who chooses to vape on the plane to use some common sense and minimize your exposure:

Turn on the air vent and and direct your exhaled vapor towards the stream to minimize the cloud.

Hold the device by the lighted tip to minimize the Rudolph effect

and lastly....

Be pleasant and friendly to the passenger next to you. When they finally notice what you are doing, politely explain what it is and emphasize that there are no "second-hand smoke" or odor issues associated with using it.

You better be very careful. Some of the airlines have banned e-cig use aboard flights. If you get caught, it would be no different than lighting up a stinkie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread