mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
Has anyone had any trouble?
Was your gear confiscated?
And why?
I recently flew to Vegas with 4 IPV minis and 4 subtank minis(in quart baggie in carry-on) and over 300ml of juice I had made(in the checked bag). That plus all the gear to charge them. And three battery banks. I was so surprised I was not stopped at the gate with all the electronics in my bag.
When in the airport, I went into the family bathroom and vaped away! The family bathroom is large, bi-sexual and the vapor dissapates well.
I used nic gum on the plane, as I am weak and need the nic.

The juice went to my nephew who vapes. I figure the juice will last him a long time.

Reactions: inspects

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I fly a fair amount - mosty U.S. - and never even had them blink at my stuff.
I put it all in carryon - not real long trips, so usually 2 bottles of liquid 50 mls or less.
But lots of hardware - tubes and boxes and a charger and batteries...
I remove the batteries, and don't put anything in luggage.
I will admit to having stealth-vaped in an airport bathroom.

BUT
I do NOT try to sneak a vape on a plane.
And do NOT put batteries in luggage.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
no issues with vaping stuff, but TSA did confiscate my gold Zippo lighter even after I made it useless by removing the flint,wick, and fluid soaked batting.... they said the sharp metal edges of the case was a potential threat... yup.. right... someone just wanted it for the gold value... my belt buckle was more capable of becoming a usable weapon but they had no issue with that....

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
e8cc4d53f54500dd3f3899298f1ed462509a2ee81159a0fe80f869d81b5bf37b.jpg

BostonJim

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Las Vegas
I have flown (is that the right spelling/ term?) a few time out of Las Vegas and never had a problem. And just about every time I have found an empty gate and read my book and vaped. I don't blow large clouds and try to sit in a deep corner and don't draw attention to myself, but still, I haven't had any problems.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Madrid to JFK - July 2014
Coming through security in Madrid's Barajas Airport I was stopped and asked what is this... "it" was a rDNA 40. I had no atomizer up top and had to dig into my carry-on to demonstrate how it worked. He looked at it, turned it upside down, turned it left, turned it right and told me to put it away. Didn't get anything taken but the stupid look on his face I'll remember for years to come.

Reactions: mountaingal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread