Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Speaking of flying anyone ever have a problem with rebuild materials in their checked bag? Spools of wire, wire cutters, scissors, etc.? The wife is concerned that they may consider the wire and cutters "bomb making materials". I have reassured her they won't but she still seems a bit concerned. Also I DIY juice, will they flag nic juice that is not labeled from a company?

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Speaking of flying anyone ever have a problem with rebuild materials in their checked bag? Spools of wire, wire cutters, scissors, etc.? The wife is concerned that they may consider the wire and cutters "bomb making materials". I have reassured her they won't but she still seems a bit concerned. Also I DIY juice, will they flag nic juice that is not labeled from a company?
    No problems in checked bags.
    Don't think you can carry scissors and wire cutters in carry on.
    No problem with juice in checked bag. Follow the liquid limits, if in carry on. Dosen't matter if it's unlabeled.
    This is for domestic flights.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    G0JzmNm.jpg

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland
    What those lounges need, is a few serious cloud chasers to freshen it up...:lol:
    It’s funny you wrote that: there was this guy coming in, right after I wrote my post, with a big, fat, pen-like e-cig, and he started blowing enormous clouds. I mean, really as big as they can get, it literally filled the half the room for a few seconds every time. Guys like this give us vapers a bad name, I was almost ashamed being one at that moment, there was nothing funny about it. Plus, this was in an Asian airport, that’s especially stupid, since vaping is illegal in many Asian countries: that won’t help to convince people that it’s harmless...

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2018
    Switzerland

Scissors and wire cutters are ok in the checked bag, but not in the cabin (although, I had a small pair of scissors in my cabin bag, they let it pass for my first flight, but took it away when I had to change planes. But you can’t count on it). The juice bottles have to be put in transparent, sealed bags, just like other liquids (shower gel, toothpaste, deodorant), and it must be a bottle of max. 150 ml. No idea if unlabeled juice could be a problem, if you’re in the USA, you could probably check on the TSA website.
    Important: for international travel, always check the legal status of e-cigs not only for your destination, but also for your layovers, if there any. If it’s legal where you’re going, but not in between, ask if your checked luggage is going to be unloaded or not. If not, I’d put in the checked luggage and take it with me anyway.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Yep I recently went to upstate new York and I think it was in Washington where we had a layover. They had a smokers room and we decided to have a vape, I took one vape , walked out and almost threw up. It was so disgusting and I definitely won't be doing that again

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    It's hit or miss. Most times its never an issue , but they may snag your scissors. Just recently I went thru and no issues with the scissors (I have a tiny tiny pair to trim wicks), but they snagged my corkscrew

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread