Travel and Vaping Airports,travel. and devices?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even as a crew member this rule is a complete pain in the ...! Granted with proper credentials and while in uniform usually we are exempt, however there are some airports that are a real bear to get through regardless of who you are!

We are not allowed to check our bags while on a trip for any reason, due to uniform pieces and manuals. As we use many different commercial airlines to position overseas for work this causes a problem. I can not tell you how many times while transiting through Heathrow Ive had to repurchase all my hygiene goods when arriving at my destination.

I feel your pain guys truly!

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Even as a crew member this rule is a complete pain in the ...! Granted with proper credentials and while in uniform usually we are exempt, however there are some airports that are a real bear to get through regardless of who you are!

We are not allowed to check our bags while on a trip for any reason, due to uniform pieces and manuals. As we use many different commercial airlines to position overseas for work this causes a problem. I can not tell you how many times while transiting through Heathrow Ive had to repurchase all my hygiene goods when arriving at my destination.

Ya wanna know the funny part of this? Since I have a lot of clean 30ml plastic bottles now, I fill one or two of them with after shave, and put them in the baggie with a couple bottles of juice. All are unlabeled. I know what they are by the color of the fluid. They go through every time, unquestioned. Those goobers have no idea what is inside those bottles, but as long as they're in a 3oz or less container, they go through. it's a real joke.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
I can not tell you how many times while transiting through Heathrow Ive had to repurchase all my hygiene goods when arriving at my destination.

Yep, will not go through LHR at all costs, the worst airport for security and lines (and I'm *Gold on *Alliance).
Ryan Air you have any more updates for Analog/E-cig friendly airports?

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Ya wanna know the funny part of this? Since I have a lot of clean 30ml plastic bottles now, I fill one or two of them with after shave, and put them in the baggie with a couple bottles of juice. All are unlabeled. I know what they are by the color of the fluid. They go through every time, unquestioned. Those goobers have no idea what is inside those bottles, but as long as they're in a 3oz or less container, they go through. it's a real joke.

It'll take only one incident where you accidentally vape aftershave that this practice will change!!!! LOL!:D

Last edited:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Thanks everyone for you help... really appreciate it... got it now.. bring my 30 ml bottle and put in ziplock bag, place in my carryon/ along with my pcc... with my stuff.. write..

oh goish, What do they do take it from you??
huggles

A couple of typos there. I think you mean what do you do if they take it?

They won't take it. It's not banned or illegal. If you have something that can't go through, they give you the chance to mail it home, or go back and put it in your car, etc. They don't actually take it from you. Anything banned just can't go through the checkpoint.

Don't worry, baggie on the belt, and leave your e-cigs in your bag.

Myself, PTJD, And RIAflight25, travel millions of miles, and we still have our stuff.

Have a safe flight, and keep vapin;
jd

We want a complete report when you get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread