Status
Not open for further replies.

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
Wow, I haven't posted on this site in forever, and I hope I'm posting this in the right place :?: Anyway, I was hooked on Alice in Vapeland when I first started vaping back in...2011 or 2012, and kept going back to them until a year or two ago when I finally gave in, upgraded devices, and switched to tanks. (I was a dripper with 1+ ohm builds before that.)

I remember that AiV couldn't be vaped at higher settings back then, but I'm wondering how they hold up in newer setups that are designed for sub ohm vaping (maybe that's a stupid thing to wonder, but I know I've revisited some stuff since I switched, and they're either way better or way worse then I remember them being back in the day).

Anyone tried it and had success? Or tried it and found out it just didn't work?

My current setup is a Smok Alien & Baby Beast with a 0.4 ohm coil, and I usually keep it between 40 and 55 watts, if that helps.

Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Are you asking if you can go higher on your Smokalien, well probably. It also depends on your coil though, manufacturers usually print the "recommended resistances" on the coil somewhere and you should start below that range and work up, priming as you go, until you find a comfortable vape, although if you are enjoying your setup at the ranges you have now, there is no real reason to go up in wattage, unless you think you will get a better vape at those higher wattages, in which case by all means try it, just don't go above the recommended resistance for your coil.

Anna

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Wow, I haven't posted on this site in forever, and I hope I'm posting this in the right place :?: Anyway, I was hooked on Alice in Vapeland when I first started vaping back in...2011 or 2012, and kept going back to them until a year or two ago when I finally gave in, upgraded devices, and switched to tanks. (I was a dripper with 1+ ohm builds before that.)

I remember that AiV couldn't be vaped at higher settings back then, but I'm wondering how they hold up in newer setups that are designed for sub ohm vaping (maybe that's a stupid thing to wonder, but I know I've revisited some stuff since I switched, and they're either way better or way worse then I remember them being back in the day).

My current setup is a Smok Alien & Baby Beast with a 0.4 ohm coil, and I usually keep it between 40 and 55 watts, if that helps.

Thanks!
V,
AIV is/was subtle. (I splashed out for the large sample pack and found no keepers.)

Roll the dice and find out.

Cheers
I

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia

Thanks!
I think what you are talking about is because the PG/VG ratio is was designed for the older MTL tanks you are wondering if it will vape at higher wattages. The answer is sort of. AiV thinned a lot of their juices so I feel they are higher VG than we used to think they were. The only problem is the leakage because they are so thin. If you can restrict the airflow and vape at 30ish this would be your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread