Sub Ohm tank with Salt Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have a dual battery Geek Vape mod that drops all the way to 5W and goes all the way up to 200, not sure the exact model. My tank is a Fireluke mesh quad coil sitting at .16 ohms. Now my question is i have a 25mg bottle of salt nic that i am wanting to use for the time being till i get paid to get my regular vape juice instead of going back to cigarettes. If i were to use the Salt nic that i have in my current setup what W should i run it at to where i wont make myself sick or potentially get nicotine poisoning?

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
So i have a dual battery Geek Vape mod that drops all the way to 5W and goes all the way up to 200, not sure the exact model. My tank is a Fireluke mesh quad coil sitting at .16 ohms. Now my question is i have a 25mg bottle of salt nic that i am wanting to use for the time being till i get paid to get my regular vape juice instead of going back to cigarettes. If i were to use the Salt nic that i have in my current setup what W should i run it at to where i wont make myself sick or potentially get nicotine poisoning?
I use salts to mix some of my liquids. I run most of my rtas at 38-45 watts. I mix at 4% and max 8% for mtl set ups.
I would not recommend running a quad coil (I have never used a drop in cotton coil) at high wattage. If I chained vaped 25mg I am pretty sure I would get nic sick.
If you lower the wattage and don't do DL it might get you by until you can get another take/rta/etc for the high nic. Just don't go too hard on it.
Your body will tell you.
My opinion is to get a bottle of 6mg or some VG to cut that juice if that is all you have to vape on.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
Run it at the lowest W that will fire it.
Keep the airflow only partially open.
It's nearly impossible to get "nicotine poisoning" from vaping, unless you can vape while dizzy, vomiting, or unconscious.
Unsolicited opinion: If you have to wait until you get a paycheck until you can afford a little bottle of e-liquid, maybe consider giving up vaping as well as smoking.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I believe there's a 0.25 Ohm coil that comes with the Fireluke tank, unless you're using a separate package you bought. I'd suggest sticking that coil in, and turning the Wattage down to say 25-30W. If you're not getting any flavor, turn the Wattage up in 2W increments until you can hear the coil vaporizing and you're getting some flavor. If you're not successful at getting the coil to vape properly below 40ish Watts, you might want to just hold off until you can get a new bottle. Alternatively, you can try 45W if the Wattages below aren't' working; it will be warm enough to vape that coil, but you should be taking 1.5 to 2 second long vapes at most. If you're exhaling large plumes of vape, that's a sign that the Wattage is either too high or you're taking too long of a vape.

If you start experiencing nausea, headache, vomiting, etc., stop vaping immediately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread